Funny Encounters with Atheistic Zealots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: Funny Encounters with Atheistic Zealots
(08-10-2014 03:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Ah yes, throwing the baby out with the bath water. I've met a few like that. I often shy away from people like that - theist or atheist. I tend to consider them extremists.

Extremists are usually a waste of time. Drinking Beverage

Yes they are and they know no bonds. They are found in every sub group out there. I avoid them at all cost.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
09-10-2014, 10:44 AM
(09-10-2014 10:23 AM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I find a couple of jerks on this end after leaving religion because bigotry and anti-facts were promoted. I now see a tall mountain of toxic poo. I can't even think of going back there for the same reason as before, seeing what I do now.

The stance label doesn't really matter in YouTube comments. I've gotten fights from either Christians or Atheists in the same pattern. The two most recent that I had to block, because they simply wouldn't stop attacking me, were two Christians who got mad that I asked some other person why he or she thought it was merciful for God to hurt the animals in the clips. The video had started with animal deaths. Oh BOY did they put on the butt hurt, and it wasn't even their conversation.

I have yet to forgive the two "atheist" thugs I met under a 'religion contributed evil this month' video. At least four people were posting bigoted things toward Christians who agreed with us that going to the hospital is the right choice, and not risking prayers. One of them, I'll name the pitiful person Patroll (vegie avatar), typed to a polite guy something kind of like this. "Go take some pills. It won't kill you." He had said "Those people are nuts! I wouldn't keep my child at home like that and let her die!" A couple of others had told these people they were stupid, untrue Christians, and need to read their bible. I thought "wow. What a prize you losers are, telling these people to pray and avoid help!" Therefore, I had posted something like "There are Christians who support medicine. Some of them consider it God's work." For some reason, this is all it takes for people to be pissed off deeply with me. This includes speaking in person.

Mrugly (a Charlie brown avatar) grammar trolled me by playing dumb, and pretending it was impossible to grasp gibberish. I gave her a taste of her own style, and they didn't like that. M turned a *180 and played grammar victim! Patroll decided that it was a perfect time to get her little troll face fed, so then I was being bullied by the two YouTube bullies who called themselves Atheists, and pretended that they seriously didn't bigot people who agreed on something. They accused me of grammar snobbing, when Mrugly did threw the first punch. They accuse ME of being against medicine for Theists, when Patroll was the one blatantly demanding they never go at all. Mrugly decided to put something like this as a reply to Patroll, no doubt because they felt full of snacks and were done treating me like garbage. "Oh, here I thought it was my language that was a problem for her! (stab stab stab) Just ignore the stupid troll."

Damn. Youtube is one hell of a place. Honestly I try to avoid it, because like many have said, "the comment section is where discourse goes to die"

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
09-10-2014, 11:19 AM
(09-10-2014 10:44 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 10:23 AM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I find a couple of jerks on this end after leaving religion because bigotry and anti-facts were promoted. I now see a tall mountain of toxic poo. I can't even think of going back there for the same reason as before, seeing what I do now.

The stance label doesn't really matter in YouTube comments. I've gotten fights from either Christians or Atheists in the same pattern. The two most recent that I had to block, because they simply wouldn't stop attacking me, were two Christians who got mad that I asked some other person why he or she thought it was merciful for God to hurt the animals in the clips. The video had started with animal deaths. Oh BOY did they put on the butt hurt, and it wasn't even their conversation.

I have yet to forgive the two "atheist" thugs I met under a 'religion contributed evil this month' video. At least four people were posting bigoted things toward Christians who agreed with us that going to the hospital is the right choice, and not risking prayers. One of them, I'll name the pitiful person Patroll (vegie avatar), typed to a polite guy something kind of like this. "Go take some pills. It won't kill you." He had said "Those people are nuts! I wouldn't keep my child at home like that and let her die!" A couple of others had told these people they were stupid, untrue Christians, and need to read their bible. I thought "wow. What a prize you losers are, telling these people to pray and avoid help!" Therefore, I had posted something like "There are Christians who support medicine. Some of them consider it God's work." For some reason, this is all it takes for people to be pissed off deeply with me. This includes speaking in person.

Mrugly (a Charlie brown avatar) grammar trolled me by playing dumb, and pretending it was impossible to grasp gibberish. I gave her a taste of her own style, and they didn't like that. M turned a *180 and played grammar victim! Patroll decided that it was a perfect time to get her little troll face fed, so then I was being bullied by the two YouTube bullies who called themselves Atheists, and pretended that they seriously didn't bigot people who agreed on something. They accused me of grammar snobbing, when Mrugly did threw the first punch. They accuse ME of being against medicine for Theists, when Patroll was the one blatantly demanding they never go at all. Mrugly decided to put something like this as a reply to Patroll, no doubt because they felt full of snacks and were done treating me like garbage. "Oh, here I thought it was my language that was a problem for her! (stab stab stab) Just ignore the stupid troll."

Damn. Youtube is one hell of a place. Honestly I try to avoid it, because like many have said, "the comment section is where discourse goes to die"

I indeed need to avoid reading the comments in there.
09-10-2014, 01:52 PM
(09-10-2014 10:44 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  

I like the comment section on youtube. I think they're funny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.