Funny Memories/Things Said To You

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Funny Memories/Things Said To You
Got any funny memories or thing that were said to you that you just found funny.

One just happened to me recently. I've been having a sore throat problem with the cold days and warm days back to back in my area. So I asked my dad to take me to the store to get some water and a sore throat/cough drop.

Now the thing is my dad loves to eat these things like their candy, mostly the cherry flavored kind. I knew this all to well. So I picked up a bag of Ricola: Cough + Sore Throat Drops. I took one on the way back, horrible tasting, and then took one upstairs for later use should my sore throat come back.

Needless to say it wasn't helping as my nose was also runny. I went downstairs to take a bit of dayquill and my mom smiled at me as she told me this..
"You know, your dad tried to eat these drops you got like candy. However he came back in here later after getting to the center to say 'I didn't like that' with a gag like face."

I found this to be a bit funny, just a small little thing that made we giggle.

Anything that you find funny just now, in the past or just a random memory that you look back on to have a laugh?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
21-02-2017, 05:31 PM
RE: Funny Memories/Things Said To You
I could probably think of many, but for now, just one. One day, years ago, my brother, his wife, and I were walking around Devils Lake State Park here in Wisconsin with their dog (a black lab). We came across a small pond that was completely covered with green scum. The dog, thinking it was just another kind of grass, tried to run across it. The look on her face when she "sank" was priceless. Thinking about it years later still makes me laugh.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Laugh out load This reminds me of when I was visiting one of my sisters in Idaho (doesn't live there anymore) who had moved from California. The first time the dogs ran outside to pee in the morning after a fresh snowfall, and watching them trying to keep all four feet off the ground at the same time was pretty amusing. The did their business quickly, I can assure you.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
21-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Though they aren't quite as bright as they once were, my eyes are an unusual shade of light blue. My son's are the same...that's how people know he's my kid.

Some years back a guy that I worked with asked if these were my eyes. Blink

<pause on my part while searching for an appropriate answer>

Yep, pretty sure they are 'my' eyes. Didn't realize borrowing someone else's eyes was an option.

Consider He was probably thinking I was wearing colored contacts...at least that's what I figured.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
21-02-2017, 08:56 PM
(21-02-2017 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Though they aren't quite as bright as they once were, my eyes are an unusual shade of light blue. My son's are the same...that's how people know he's my kid.

Yep, pretty sure they are 'my' eyes. Didn't realize borrowing someone else's eyes was an option.

Consider He was probably thinking I was wearing colored contacts...at least that's what I figured.

Ohmy Didn't Richard Ramirez (AKA The Night Stalker) come from Texas, and mail eyeballs to his sister?! Is there something you need to tell us? Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
21-02-2017, 09:04 PM
(21-02-2017 08:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Though they aren't quite as bright as they once were, my eyes are an unusual shade of light blue. My son's are the same...that's how people know he's my kid.

Ohmy Didn't Richard Ramirez (AKA The Night Stalker) come from Texas, and mail eyeballs to his sister?! Is there something you need to tell us? Laughat

Gasp
I was in SC at the time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-02-2017, 02:44 AM
When I was deployed for Desert Storm, my unit had to use common showers, with only curtains separating each shower-head.

One morning, we caught Sgt Mosby jacking off. Being firefighters, we were giving him a rough time in the dayroom later that day, until finally he killed the entire room with this bon mot: "It's my soap and my dick, goddamnit -- I'll wash it as fast as I want."
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-02-2017, 03:02 PM
In grad school, my mentor and the prof across the hall from him were arguing. He was Jewish, she was an ex-Catholic, and when they quarreled, they'd defuse the situation by joking about each other's faiths. When suddenly she goes, "How would you feel if I put a life size crucifix on your door?" Without missing a beat, my mentor replied in a conversational tone, "put a sign over his head saying 'if I did this to one of my people, what will I do to you for being late with your homework?'."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post