Funny, amusing summer books????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Funny, amusing summer books????
So what's the funniest book you've ever read? I'm looking for some fun Summer reading and I don't want to get bogged down in some drab, depressing winter crap. I'll be taking notes here.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Funny, amusing summer books????
Joseph Heller's Catch-22 made me laugh out loud while reading it, which is rare. I also heartily recommend anything and everything by Tom Robbins.
12-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Anything by Carl Hiaasen. He's got a weird sense of humor.
18-06-2014, 11:44 PM
The adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Undead was oddly charming and an amusing read.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-06-2014, 03:02 PM
(18-06-2014 11:44 PM)Question Wrote:  The adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Undead was oddly charming and an amusing read.

Tom Sawyer and the Undead? Does Tom Sawyer's drunken, deceased dad come back from the dead? Is this like Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter?

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
20-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Summer isnt exactly a time in which I read much, that more a winter thing for me.

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
25-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Check out these books - http://www.thechroniclesofhope.com - just finished reading the first one which has been pushed by dawkins here in the UK. It's funny and thought provoking