Funny as hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2011, 12:24 AM

Funny as hell
I just found these videos online, and boy did I have a good laugh.
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 12:30 AM
RE: Funny as hell
(09-06-2011 12:24 AM)That sly kid Wrote:  I just found these videos online, and boy did I have a good laugh.

that's not the link you intended to post, right?

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Efrx86's post
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I see a mistake here. :/

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I however did not find the videos attached to the link funny at all. Too short not enough point. It was like looking at an empty post in the TTA forum.Smile

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
09-06-2011, 11:31 PM

Uh oh my bad, I used the hyperlink for a youtube videoBig Grin, but here's what I was referring to.

10-06-2011, 05:48 AM

What I got out of just the first five minutes was, "Oh shit, they're onto us! Let's get our stories straight!" Tongue
10-06-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't have an hour to blow, so I started skipping. Here's the list of thigns said at perfectly random points I skipped to:
  • Any worldview not based on god will end in suicide.
  • Evolution is a pagan belief.
  • Atheists believe that our civilization should be based on the theory of evolution, no hospitals, no pity for the weak, only survival of the strongest.
  • Atheists have no morality

[I'm skipping around a lot, I'm- Oh crap, more stupid was just said]
  • Anti-theism presupposes God. In order to be an anti-theist, you have to be a theist.

[As was being said, they are just really stuck on atheists I think. No matter where I skip to, they mention atheists within a minute or two]
  • You cannot have language without God.
  • Proof the Bible is true; if it's not, the universe doesn't make sense.

[He plugs his book a lot...]
  • And now they had a nice little quote about a Harvard Biology professor making the point that we cannot allow god into science. Proof that the evil atheists censor all evidence for creationism.
  • And now he's talking about his debating tactics... Say that without god there is no truth, and if there is no true, there is no logic, therefore all atheist arguments are self-defeating. Why do people still debate him?

Alright, I'm done with this. Depressing how much misinformation their throwing about.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
10-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I tried to watch the video, I did I swear. Holy hell though. It's so frustrating to see grown ups disregard evidence, logic and reason so easily and with utter conviction. Especially since all the while they have a position where others are listening to them and believing the things they are saying, all without feeling like they might want to actually do some research before swaying votes. Posted by a group called slaves4christ, with comments disabled... Ack. But... Huh? Where is the feeling of responsibility towards the viewer? Basic human considerations are lost on these people.
Still I made it just over halfway before I almost sicked up.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-06-2011, 04:42 PM

The one thing that I found really funny was the tone and demeanor that they have. They're so sure of themselves it's hilarious.
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm skipping around as well. Stuff about Evolution starts around 22:45. This is what they have to say:

* Most non-Hebraic religions have a "evolutionary paganis[tic]" view that the universe formed from chaos. The gods of these religions formed from this chaos as well.

* The Hebrew religion is unique because God created the universe.

* Accepting evolution means you also have to accept the pagan view of the big bang, cosmic evolution, chemical evolution, and biological evolution. The guest speaker "rejects that pagan interpretation of reality."

* Evolution is a "total world view" that effects everything from psychology, science, literature, social science, and history.

* Combining "ancient totemism with a modern scientific garb" (evolution) with "biblical faith" is impossible.

* If evolutionary theory was valid, don't you think God would have mentioned it in the Bible?

* The "rationalist" side of the guest speaker wants to see: 1) empirical observations of evolution; 2) a testable model; and 3) predictions. Evolutionary theory doesn't provide any of this. For instance, science can't offer a prediction to "show what the 'fittest' looks like." All it only offers is "inferences."

* A commercial airing during the break says that not one of the transitional fossils linking man to ape could "stood the test of honest rigorous investigation." All such fossils either come from "extinct apes" or "extinct humans."

Wow. Words fail me ...