Funny facebook convo, with screen shot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Funny facebook convo, with screen shot
For context, this girl and I have had some seriously heated debates about religion in the past.

[Image: 2dwerkj.jpg]

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2011, 02:44 PM
RE: Funny facebook convo, with screen shot
The hypocrisy...It burns.

So, she is, I presume, the religious sort that like to mindless bash their particular dogma into a child's brain. But she wants the children to think, just not about anything that could lead them to a different thought process?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
18-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I guess so xD

Fight the system,

21-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Oh man , now that's hypocrisy at its best. Come to think of it , religion doesn't teach you how to think at all , it just states that you obey. I'm actually quite thankful for the reformed that don't take it literally.

BTW - is that Diablo 2 Lords of Destruction minimized there ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
21-05-2011, 02:29 PM
(21-05-2011 01:02 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Oh man , now that's hypocrisy at its best. Come to think of it , religion doesn't teach you how to think at all , it just states that you obey. I'm actually quite thankful for the reformed that don't take it literally.

BTW - is that Diablo 2 Lords of Destruction minimized there ?

hell yeah

Fight the system,

21-07-2011, 12:37 AM

Here is one I posted a little while back. It went a little different, and yeah I turned the teapot into a doghouse.

Cnored ‎..to teach how to think, rather than what to think. Be a freethinker... Please.
June 15 at 12:14pm · Privacy:Friends Only ·LikeUnlike ·
Random person 1 and Random person 2 like this..
Random person 2 Think it....Feel it....Live it!
June 15 at 2:06pm · LikeUnlike.
The wife open minded
June 16 at 10:19am · LikeUnlike.
The wife how exactly does one teach another individual howw to think without taking away their ability to be a free thinker? i ask not because I doubt that you have a brilliant answer, but because just was pondering the statement at hand. I mean, if you are saying to someone "this is how you think", "this is how you should think", "this is the logical or best way to think"....you're still controlling their way of thinking...
June 18 at 7:55am · LikeUnlike.
Cnored Methods for this will forever be scrutinized, but I would suppose that one should start early. Throughout schools children should should use Tons of applied logic in many different ways. Middle school sciences should explore common scientific misconceptions such as what happens to the unprotected human body when subjected to the vacuum of space, how long it takes harmful bacteria to swarm the food you just dropped on the ground(five second rule), brain cell regeneration, lightning strikes in the same location.That might seem silly, but these are important questions, that are misconstrued in science classes and could/would cause a profound impact on the young mind. So in high school, I think their should be a lot more of teachers raising the question "why do you suppose that is?". Teach to use rational applied logic and science. Encourage the questioning of everything. So its not to "control" ones thoughts, but to show one an acceptable way of coming to rational conclusions.
June 18 at 9:41am · LikeUnlike.
Cnored BY free thinker, I mean this. If i were to tell you that there was a tiny celestial doghouse orbiting the moon that was too small to see with most powerful satellite telescopes, you would say that I am crazy. I would tell you that you cannot prove that the doghouse does not exist; Therefore, it must exist. (Of coarse this is a silly example that you would have to apply to a larger scale.) The reality is: It doesn't matter weather or not you can prove me wrong, because the burden of proof lies on me. You have absolutely no reason to believe this doghouse exists, and until you do have a reason, you should not live under the assumption that it does.
June 18 at 9:53am · LikeUnlike.
The wife I suppose I just took the concept "teach one to think" in a different way that you obviously meant.I was under the assumption you meant literally teach one how to think rather than how to learn to comprehend things in your own way and to question things in order to come to your own conclusion. The way you meant it does indeed make sense. Still, I think it should have been worded differently, or to have been more specific in which way you meant. As for your thoughts on being a free thinker - having the hippie spirit in which it is well known that I have - I, once again, assumed that you were speaking in terms of letting your mind & heart be open to everything unless you find reason (or, as you said, 'proof') to go against or think differently about the certain situation. You made valid points, and I very much so dig thy intell.
June 18 at 1:13pm · LikeUnlike.
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2011, 01:50 AM
lmfao

Fight the system,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Funny story from when I was a kid. john2 1 139 14-03-2014 06:35 AM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  Post Nye/Ham debate Facebook debate Colourcraze 14 415 08-02-2014 05:49 PM
Last Post: Colourcraze
  [FACEBOOK] Science and Religion Can Coexist? (LONG) KMFDM_Kid2000 7 537 28-12-2013 05:20 AM
Last Post: Chippy
  Facebook P.M.'s --> Theist With Daddy Issues Sticks Hand in Lion's Cage, Loses Arm KMFDM_Kid2000 6 635 13-07-2013 01:37 PM
Last Post: Dirtnapper324
  Facebook debate with close theist friend... Atheist_pilgrim 14 1,105 22-05-2013 08:25 PM
Last Post: PersephoneK
  Facebook: Bible=Jesus Hafnof 4 727 07-04-2013 02:56 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Facebook with theists Red Celt 48 3,627 05-04-2013 11:50 AM
Last Post: Cardinal Smurf