Funny story >.<

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Funny story >.<
(This happened 2 weeks ago)Well I study at a college of technology and I have a funny thing which happened about religion.

In my physics class we have a really christian guy and by really christian I mean by my country's (Denmark) standard because he's going to church every sunday and is in a christian club.
In english class we are doing presentations about stuff that interests us.
He made a presentation about christianity Wink
He then says I believe in the bible, god the almight and I am a christian.
Now is where the fun part comes in.
He then claims not to be religious because he says religion is the word for people killing people when they are christian or muslim etc. >.<
Under the presentation and after we could ask some questions.
I said to him "don't you mean that extremism is when you kill for your religion" but he answered "no that is definently religion" (me and my friend was on the brink of laughing out loud)
My friend then asked him about his opinion on gay marriage and he then answered that he oppose it because of the bible
then I asked him "what about incest then?" he then answered "I don't know about that I haven't read the bible yet" (I was crying on the inside because of how hypocritical that is)

What do you think then? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 04:42 PM
RE: Funny story >.<
(03-04-2012 04:40 PM)reindeer Wrote:  (This happened 2 weeks ago)Well I study at a college of technology and I have a funny thing which happened about religion.

In my physics class we have a really christian guy and by really christian I mean by my country's (Denmark) standard because he's going to church every sunday and is in a christian club.
He then claims not to be religious because he says religion is the word for people killing people when they are christian or muslim etc. >.<
I said to him "don't you mean that extremism is when you kill for your religion" but he answered "no that is definently religion" (me and my friend was on the brink of laughing out loud)
My friend then asked him about his opinion on gay marriage and he then answered that he oppose it because of the bible
then I asked him "what about incest then?" he then answered "I don't know about that I haven't read the bible yet" (I was crying on the inside because of how hypocritical that is)

Tell him to move to America, from what I hear he'd fit in pretty well there Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
03-04-2012, 04:45 PM
(03-04-2012 04:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 04:40 PM)reindeer Wrote:  (This happened 2 weeks ago)Well I study at a college of technology and I have a funny thing which happened about religion.

Tell him to move to America, from what I hear he'd fit in pretty well there Big Grin.

Well I found out that he was a christian when I said ito my friend in class when we had a 5 min break "Christianity is based on based on believing in a ghost, a pigeon and a drunk carpenter"
But luckily he is openminded at science else he wouldn't be on a scientific education though he still believes that god made the earth.
03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
(03-04-2012 04:45 PM)reindeer Wrote:  Well I found out that he was a christian when I said ito my friend in class when we had a 5 min break "Christianity is based on based on believing in a ghost, a pigeon and a drunk carpenter"
But luckily he is openminded at science else he wouldn't be on a scientific education though he still believes that god made the earth.
My mistake, seems a little too reasonable for America.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
(03-04-2012 04:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

As true as this is- the toxicity level is already fatal. Please don't encourage him to move here. They do less damage when dispersed amongst thinking people.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't think not reading the Bible necessarily makes you a hypocrite if you're a Christian. Especially if you're a new Christian; however, knowing and reading the Bible is very important for anyone who claims Christianity.

I wouldn't call him a hypocrite - ignorant maybe - but not a hypocrite.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
03-04-2012, 07:34 PM
(03-04-2012 07:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't think not reading the Bible necessarily makes you a hypocrite if you're a Christian. Especially if you're a new Christian; however, knowing and reading the Bible is very important for anyone who claims Christianity.

The hypocritical part is that he lists the bible as the reason he doesn't approve of homosexuality. Although; he hasn't read the bible to find out that he should also avoid cotton-poly blend clothing.

Tell him to just gloss over the Sodom story so he can go about promoting drunken incestual rape.
03-04-2012, 07:43 PM
(03-04-2012 07:34 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 07:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't think not reading the Bible necessarily makes you a hypocrite if you're a Christian. Especially if you're a new Christian; however, knowing and reading the Bible is very important for anyone who claims Christianity.

The hypocritical part is that he lists the bible as the reason he doesn't approve of homosexuality. Although; he hasn't read the bible to find out that he should also avoid cotton-poly blend clothing.

Tell him to just gloss over the Sodom story so he can go about promoting drunken incestual rape.
Ahhhh, okay... I misunderstood. I thought the OP was saying he was hypocritical for claiming to be a Christian and not reading the Bible.

But yes, if you claim a certain point on a stance like homosexuality and say your belief is because of your religion yet you have not read what you're Holy Book says about that stance, then yes, you are a hypocrite.

Sorry about that.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
03-04-2012, 08:04 PM
It's so funny how many Christians have tried to equivocate "religion" to make it sound like something only other people do.

When you get them to define religion, it becomes a double-standard; Muslims aren't allowed to escape the yoke of "religion" just because they believe they've discovered the truth or already found God or think that Allah is looking for them (rather than the other way around) or whatever asinine definition these Christians use to define religion.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user