• 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Funny theist video
I love how the atheist is depicted as a stereotypical asshole:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: Funny theist video
I saw that one and I think there's a pretty good response video for it.

This is what I love about the internet age. You can put stupid and dishonest stuff like this without being called out publicly.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user
29-04-2012, 11:14 AM
(29-04-2012 11:08 AM)lightninlives Wrote:  I saw that one and I think there's a pretty good response video for it.

This is what I love about the internet age. You can put stupid and dishonest stuff like this without being called out publicly.

I just found the response:

[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
29-04-2012, 11:53 PM
(29-04-2012 11:14 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(29-04-2012 11:08 AM)lightninlives Wrote:  I saw that one and I think there's a pretty good response video for it.

I just found the response:

I think this YouTube'r must have seen TheoreticalBullshit's argument on this subject because he used the same example (at about the 7 min mark of TB's argument) of a carpenter bringing a table into existence ex materia.

It was an alright response. I hate the straw-man defense here because I've heard atheists that sound just like that and rehearse the same talking points without comprehension, in the same way that I've heard theists regurgitate misunderstood sound bites themselves. For an atheist to step in and say "that's a straw man because it isn't my position" is dishonest, because the theist is not responding to that specific atheist. However, it's also fair to say that the theist chose a purposely weak opponent to erect because he was trying to insinuate a point that atheists make irrational arguments that appeal to name-calling, which is obviously not always true.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.