Funny thing I read on another website

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Funny thing I read on another website
New York Liberal logic:

Woman enters an abortion clinic and asks "may I get an abortion"?

The nurse replies "Of course, this is America, you have the freedom to choose."

The same woman enters her favorite pizza place and asks "may I have a 32 ounce soda with my slice of pizza?"

The man behind the counter says "No, New York law says you are limited to 16 ounces."

The law, originally started by Mayor Bloomberg, is still being championed by New York's current mayor Bill de Blasio. The law has been struck down at every level of court in New York yet he plans to take it to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
21-12-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Funny thing I read on another website
Abortion then pizza... the same day?

That's impressive!

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-12-2014, 07:02 PM
(21-12-2014 06:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Abortion then pizza... the same day?

That's impressive!

Drinking Beverage

Hey she's gunna have some blood loss, gotta build up your strength Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
21-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm going to assume that whomever wrote that didn't care that New York City doesn't have any authority to regulate abortion, a small tidbit that makes the entire comment nonsensical.

And, that's before you get into the comparison of abortion to soda.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 6 users Like BnW's post
21-12-2014, 08:01 PM
He also hates horses. A position that nobody in New York, not even his liberal supporters, is in favor of.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
21-12-2014, 08:14 PM
(21-12-2014 08:01 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  He also hates horses. A position that nobody in New York, not even his liberal supporters, is in favor of.

I didn't think it was possible to be more egotistical, misguided, and socially tone-deaf than ex-Mayor Bloomberg.

I was wrong. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-12-2014, 08:43 PM
(21-12-2014 08:00 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm going to assume that whomever wrote that didn't care that New York City doesn't have any authority to regulate abortion, a small tidbit that makes the entire comment nonsensical.

I think the point is that in America, we have the power to decide such powerful things as abortion for ourselves, yet some douche wants to tell you how much soda you can order with your Big Mac.

And I would add that not only does New York City not have any authority to regulate abortion, every court so far has said they don't have the authority to regulate soda consumption either.

[+] 2 users Like Patriot10mm's post
21-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Abortion = Cola

Hillbilly logic.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
21-12-2014, 08:57 PM
(21-12-2014 08:43 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 08:00 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm going to assume that whomever wrote that didn't care that New York City doesn't have any authority to regulate abortion, a small tidbit that makes the entire comment nonsensical.

I think the point is that in America, we have the power to decide such powerful things as abortion for ourselves, yet some douche wants to tell you how much soda you can order with your Big Mac.

And I would add that not only does New York City not have any authority to regulate abortion, every court so far has said they don't have the authority to regulate soda consumption either.

Except of course it is not limiting the consumer but rather the business (which are already regulated btw) in what products they can sell. Something that has been going on since the dawn of civilization. If the consumer wants to buy 6 gallons of coke to binge drink that is not against even NY City's silly law.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-12-2014, 09:09 PM
(21-12-2014 08:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 08:43 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I think the point is that in America, we have the power to decide such powerful things as abortion for ourselves, yet some douche wants to tell you how much soda you can order with your Big Mac.

Except of course it is not limiting the consumer but rather the business (which are already regulated btw) in what products they can sell. Something that has been going on since the dawn of civilization. If the consumer wants to buy 6 gallons of coke to binge drink that is not against even NY City's silly law.
I'm confused by your post. If the business is prohibited from selling more than 16 ounces of soda to a customer, how is that not limiting the customer? The law takes away the choice of the customer by preventing the sale of something bigger.

[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post