Funny thing I read on another website

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 01:10 PM by Patriot10mm.)
RE: Funny thing I read on another website
(22-12-2014 12:59 PM)BnW Wrote:  By "like-minded people" I meant people who can get riled up thinking you can compare laws on abortion, which have federal and state implications, and a local ordinance on soda size and actually believe it demonstrates some kind of correlation.
I see, so local ordinances don't have to meet federal constitutional muster in regards to choice? The Supreme Court would disagree, and so would every court that has heard the case so far.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not what I said. I'm also pretty sure that had fuq all to do with your original post. And, finally, I'm pretty sure you know that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
22-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Then I fail to see your point. All I've heard so far is the feds shouldn't be able to ban abortion, but it's ok for city government to ban a large soda, due to different "implications."

22-12-2014, 01:23 PM
My point is tying to laws together that have nothing to do with each other and claiming it is some kind of proof of something, which is how this thread started, is moronic.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
22-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Are you actually comparing volume of a drink to abortion?...

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
22-12-2014, 02:26 PM
(22-12-2014 02:23 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Are you actually comparing volume of a drink to abortion?...

What? To think that a conservative with a username referencing patriotism and firearms, and who also spouts jingoistic rhetoric, would be so crass as to resort to hyperbole! Gasp

Say it ain't so! Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-12-2014, 03:01 PM
(22-12-2014 02:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What? To think that a conservative with a username referencing patriotism and firearms, and who also spouts jingoistic rhetoric, would be so crass as to resort to hyperbole! Gasp

Was just thinking, maybe he has a point... This is clearly affecting the americans freedoms. I mean where does it end? Next you'll be telling me they also limit other things like salt content. What? You mean they do that? How dare they limit it to g/mg, americans should be able to choose food containing tonnes of salt!! To hell with the obvious health risks such as death!!.

Besides its not like he could just i dunno buy a 2 litre bottle of the same drink for about the same price, which tastes better, isnt watered down and without having to worry about if that underpaid shop worker bothered to clean out the pipes of the drink machine this year.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
22-12-2014, 03:14 PM
(22-12-2014 02:23 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Are you actually comparing volume of a drink to abortion?...
Is that the smell of liberalism in that comment? Like one freedom is more important than another? That's kind of the point here, you know, if we let them take away the smallest most insignificant freedoms we have, what's stopping them from coming after the more important ones? Give an inch they take a mile, as the saying goes.

22-12-2014, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 03:23 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(22-12-2014 03:01 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 02:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What? To think that a conservative with a username referencing patriotism and firearms, and who also spouts jingoistic rhetoric, would be so crass as to resort to hyperbole! Gasp

Was just thinking, maybe he has a point... This is clearly affecting the americans freedoms. I mean where does it end? Next you'll be telling me they also limit other things like salt content. What? You mean they do that? How dare they limit it to g/mg, americans should be able to choose food containing tonnes of salt!! To hell with the obvious health risks such as death!!.

Besides its not like he could just i dunno buy a 2 litre bottle of the same drink for about the same price, which tastes better, isnt watered down and without having to worry about if that underpaid shop worker bothered to clean out the pipes of the drink machine this year.

They tried to ban two liters too, until the city found out they didn't regulate grocery stores or 7-11 type stores, only restaurants.

22-12-2014, 03:38 PM
WHY CAN'T I EAT AND DRINK ON THE SUBWAY GODDAMIT. I'M HUNGRY AND THIRSTY. GODDAM FASCISTS.

P.S. Speaking as a fatass Type 2 diabetic, sugar -> diabetes. But hey I got no problem if you'd like to experience it.

(21-12-2014 10:23 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  My girlfriend is a manager at Longhorn Steakhouse, owned by the company that owns Olive Garden, they all lost their plans. When she signed up on healthcare.gov, they said she qualified for medicaid only because her yearly wages were low after being out on maternity leave. Even though she wanted to buy a plan, they wouldn't even give the option, it was medicaid or nothing. So she went from great coverage to medicaid where she has to go to dirty clinics.

Dunno what backasswards part of the country you live in, but 'round these parts all of my Doctors and all of our Hospitals take both Medicare and Medicaid. I can assure you I don't go to dirty clinics or dodgy docs and wouldn't have to even if I was on Medicaid.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post