Funny thing I read on another website

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Funny thing I read on another website
(22-12-2014 02:26 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 02:23 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Are you actually comparing volume of a drink to abortion?...

What? To think that a conservative with a username referencing patriotism and firearms, and who also spouts jingoistic rhetoric, would be so crass as to resort to hyperbole! Gasp

Say it ain't so! Rolleyes

Oh firearms! Shit I thought that was a reference to length of his....nevermind not important.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-12-2014, 05:25 PM
(22-12-2014 03:14 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 02:23 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Are you actually comparing volume of a drink to abortion?...
Is that the smell of liberalism in that comment? Like one freedom is more important than another? That's kind of the point here, you know, if we let them take away the smallest most insignificant freedoms we have, what's stopping them from coming after the more important ones? Give an inch they take a mile, as the saying goes.

What freedom have you lost exactly by having to buy your 88 gallons of, substandard, cola from the Walmart instead of the McDonald's down the street? I see the right to Free Speech.....The Right to Due Process.....

Nope, not seeing a Right to be a fat and lazy cunt anywhere in the Constitution.

Don't get me wrong...the law is stupid, but so is what you're saying.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-12-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 05:31 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(22-12-2014 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 04:59 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Well the courts have already decided the rule overstepped the authority of the people that wrote it, so in the end, freedom won.

Then how come I still can't have my french fries and chicken McNuggets deep fried in transfat? Dafuq's up with that.
According to the judges, there wasn't enough evidence to show that it was a necessary rule. Considering one could buy 15 big macs, but only get one 16 ounce soda, where was the benefit? Would the next step be portion size limits? The rule only applied to soda, but one could still order a huge strawberry shake or sweet tea that had more sugar than the banned soda.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
22-12-2014, 05:27 PM
"First they come for meh Dr.Pepper, then they done came for meh child'ens kidneys and to make me raise an illegal Mexican with foodstamps!"

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
22-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the point was supposed to be that volume of a drink DOESN'T compare to abortion, that the former's extremely trivial when the latter's usually considered to be a big deal, while it's seemingly illogical for the first to be the one being controlled by laws.

I could be wrong on that, but it's what I got.

Personally, I find the comparison kind of stupid, since, as mentioned, the law isn't actually passed, and you can circumvent the thing by just buying two drinks. Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of the places that it'd apply to usually have free refills.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
22-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Re: RE: Funny thing I read on another website
(22-12-2014 05:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  "... to make me raise an illegal Mexican with foodstamps!"

They ain't illegal if'n ya become one of em Mormons and marry a bunch of em chiquitas.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
22-12-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 06:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-12-2014 05:27 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then how come I still can't have my french fries and chicken McNuggets deep fried in transfat? Dafuq's up with that.
According to the judges, there wasn't enough evidence to show that it was a necessary rule. Considering one could buy 15 big macs, but only get one 16 ounce soda, where was the benefit? Would the next step be portion size limits? The rule only applied to soda, but one could still order a huge strawberry shake or sweet tea that had more sugar than the banned soda.

That's actually a pretty good judicial reading.

#sigh
22-12-2014, 07:37 PM
(22-12-2014 05:52 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 05:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  "... to make me raise an illegal Mexican with foodstamps!"

They ain't illegal if'n ya become one of em Mormons and marry a bunch of em chiquitas.

The cure sounds worse than the disease! Gasp

22-12-2014, 09:50 PM
(22-12-2014 04:08 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  ... Since we don't believe in god, ...

Whoa, hold up there. I believe in what's true, and it's true that God exists.

Truth seeker.
22-12-2014, 09:54 PM
(22-12-2014 09:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 04:08 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  ... Since we don't believe in god, ...

Whoa, hold up there. I believe in what's true, and it's true that God exists.
I was speaking on behalf of atheists, however I respect your belief in your god.

Death is a debt we all must pay.