Funny thing I read on another website

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Funny thing I read on another website
(22-12-2014 09:54 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Whoa, hold up there. I believe in what's true, and it's true that God exists.
I was speaking on behalf of atheists, however I respect your belief in your god.

My God? No no, you have that backwards. I am His plaything.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm all for diddo and patriot being locked in a room together. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-12-2014, 11:10 PM
(22-12-2014 09:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 04:08 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  ... Since we don't believe in god, ...

Whoa, hold up there. I believe in what's true, and it's true that God exists.

Been waiting months to demonstrate that kiddo, so no it's not.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
22-12-2014, 11:28 PM
If you're drinking more than 16 ounces (500ml-ish) with your Big Mac you're doing it wrong.

America is a fat nation. You're all a bunch of fat fucks and this dude was trying to do something about that.
It's a good law. Obesity leads to all sorts of health issues. High blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes, take-up-two-seats-on-the-bus-syndrome, diabetes, joint problems etc.. etc..

If tobacco is heavy regulated I really don't see a problem with limiting how big McDonalds cups can be.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-12-2014, 06:02 AM
(22-12-2014 11:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you're drinking more than 16 ounces (500ml-ish) with your Big Mac you're doing it wrong.

America is a fat nation. You're all a bunch of fat fucks and this dude was trying to do something about that.
It's a good law. Obesity leads to all sorts of health issues. High blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes, take-up-two-seats-on-the-bus-syndrome, diabetes, joint problems etc.. etc..

If tobacco is heavy regulated I really don't see a problem with limiting how big McDonalds cups can be.
How can a law be "good" if someone walks in McDonald's and orders 2 big macs, fries, a ten piece chicken nuggets, an apple pie and a strawberry shake for a total of 5,000 calories but can't order a large soda? The extra 250 calories in that soda is nothing compared to what they just ate. It's a worthless law that doesn't tackle the real problem.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
23-12-2014, 06:59 AM
(23-12-2014 06:02 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 11:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you're drinking more than 16 ounces (500ml-ish) with your Big Mac you're doing it wrong.

How can a law be "good" if someone walks in McDonald's and orders 2 big macs, fries, a ten piece chicken nuggets, an apple pie and a strawberry shake for a total of 5,000 calories but can't order a large soda? The extra 250 calories in that soda is nothing compared to what they just ate. It's a worthless law that doesn't tackle the real problem.

Add a 'sin' tax to discourage consumption through artificial price inflation. Take the extra tax revenue from this soda tax and put them into advertising campaigns and programs aimed at helping people live healthier lives. You know, just like they do for alcohol and tobacco. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2014, 07:05 AM

Hey, hey, hey! I am certainly not fat. Somehow I have managed for decades to not fall victim to the lure of McDonalds.

And tobacco is only regulated in that you have to be a certain age to be able to buy it and there are limitations to where you can smoke.

Take away my one big old glass of Pepsi that I have each morning and we are gonna fight.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-12-2014, 07:06 AM
I think there is a clear public interest good in taxing medically harmful products up to and including the cost they impose on society's health systems. I have no problem with recouping the cost of additional medical care by an upfront medical insurance cost built into specific food products. Beyond that point I think that the case must be made carefully, or rejected outright. That break even price is the difference between appropriate taxation and a nanny state.

As for limiting the size of drinks I think the evidence is that consumers will buy two drinks at an even larger size rather than feel like they might not get enough from a single drink. I would want to see clear evidence of efficacy.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
23-12-2014, 10:33 AM
(22-12-2014 01:23 PM)BnW Wrote:  My point is tying to laws together that have nothing to do with each other and claiming it is some kind of proof of something, which is how this thread started, is moronic.

This.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post