Funny things theists do to circumvent Gods rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2011, 05:15 PM
RE: Funny things theists do to circumvent Gods rules.
(29-06-2011 07:38 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I heard about this as I was growing up so I thought I would share:

I bring you the Sabbath Phone! . . .

In a similar vein:

Years ago, in the religious Jewish community where my parents lived, I noticed a number of men, dressed in suits and ties, walking to the synagogue for Sabbath prayers. Curiously, they all seemed to have their house keys pinned to their neckties. When I asked about that, the explanation I got was this:

All manner of work is, of course, prohibited on the Sabbath. And carrying anything is considered work. That includes carrying any object in your pocket, even a pocket handkerchief. So what do you do about your house key? In most places it's not a great idea to leave your door unlocked. The answer is that you pin your key to your tie. The key then becomes something you're wearing, not carrying. And that's OK.

Ah, the creativity of the religious mind!

But nothing I've encountered in the way of creative religious fudging can top this out of Saudi Arabia. The mind boggles . . .

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2011, 05:44 PM
RE: the giving of breast milk to men to make them 'relatives' as per the article under "this" above...I agree the mind boggles. Between that, and the other examples listed here, along with women putting sheets over tubs to sheild their naked bodies from God's eyes in certain sects, all leads me to conclude these clerics, Rabbis, and other folks must think their God to be pretty damn stupid if he/she/it can't see through their obvious circumventing of the rules. Do they really go to bed at night with a smile on their face thinking; Ha! I fooled that stupid motherfucker again! God is so fucking easily duped!

How could they worship an entity they have so little respect for?

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
23-07-2011, 10:14 PM
It seems to me that Christians circumvent all of their own rules simply by calling themselves Christians. I was reading something today where a commenter rationalized something by saying "I'm Christian, so I'm forgiven". By that rationale, I guess you can pretty much do whatever you want. Jebus loves you anyway, right?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink