Futurama: A Clockwork Origin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Futurama: A Clockwork Origin
I was watching the last season over again and I noticed that in this episode futurama chooses not to disprove creationism but rather bridge the two views. That's kinda a first for futurama and it's weird because they no longer have Fox on their asses... Hmmm...Dodgy

Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2011, 08:26 AM
RE: Futurama: A Clockwork Origin
I saw that one. I like how the concept of theistic evolution is so ground breaking. But hey, they support a more deistic approach, where god doesn't give a crap about you, and even is a bit peeved that you exist, and you are just a cosmological accident.
[Image: god-hates-you-more-than-faygs.jpg]
God hates you. Have a nice day.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2011, 10:20 AM

I was rather upset when Bender said Macs are better then PC, but I also have a feeling these new writers don't know who the original audience was. I've noticed alot more product pushing in the new season too, it's just not as good as it used to be for me.
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
(06-07-2011 10:20 AM)Atheist Troll Wrote:  I was rather upset when Bender said Macs are better then PC, but I also have a feeling these new writers don't know who the original audience was. I've noticed alot more product pushing in the new season too, it's just not as good as it used to be for me.
You should rewatch the original episodes if you think that Mac line is anything new. The entire series has been full of Mac references and plugs. I think it starts with the Robot planet episode Human hunt signal being the Mac sound but besides that almost every computer they show is in the model of a Mac. It in some ways is a large joke, in some ways David X. Cohen said he was half hoping they would get acknowledged by Mac for it but never were, but I agree it isn't as good as it used to be.

I thought that is sorta interesting and very moderate that they went that way with the episode but again, that's not far off from what they did in the past. They had the episode when Bender get's launched into space and becomes a God to people who land on his belly and all that ensued with him struggling to be benevolent. Then he ran into some galaxy entity that Bender assumed may of collided with a super computer but presumed to always have existed and was as if it was a godlike being in one way of thinking.

So they've never been conformed to going on a strong atheistic stance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Clockwork Orange Fans unite.... Barryskoolaid 12 1,178 14-05-2011 10:53 PM
Last Post: Cusco