Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2016 11:50 PM by theBorg.)
Question Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?
The Gödel's contribution has only technical meaning (it is needed for the professional mathematicians) with no extend to philosophy and Religion, unless the Gödel's result would be formulated following simple way:

Quote:no theory can be proven completely. The blind faith remains.

Do you agree? If yes, then ask me to debunk this absurd.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?
Blind faith is just about as unscientific as it comes. It is just a wish, unsupported by evidence and without any truth value.

When blind faith concerns itself with hypothetical supernatural entities such as gods or life after death, it is also unscientific because it is unfalsifiable. It makes no useful predictions that can be tested in the real world.

It is an utter waste of time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
22-10-2016, 11:57 PM
Excuse me Borg, but who are you quoting? Near as I can tell it's yourself. That's an impressive level of narcissism.

Theories aren't proven. They're disproven. You'd know that if you knew jack about science.

Blind faith is a completely different matter. It is faith with no evidence whatsoever. That is the opposite of a theory.

Theory: Tested hypothesis that has not failed
Blind Faith: Untested dogma

[Image: 1282883.png]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 10 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-10-2016, 12:30 AM
(22-10-2016 11:27 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Gödel's contribution has only technical meaning (it is needed for the professional mathematicians) with no extend to philosophy and Religion, unless the Gödel's result would be formulated following simple way:

Quote:no theory can be proven completely. The blind faith remains.

Do you agree? If yes, then ask me to debunk this absurd.

Given that that's an inaccurate restatement, no debunking is necessary. You forgot a couple of words which are pretty important to it.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-10-2016, 12:33 AM
I am not your enemy, friends. I am studying the Gödel's contribution. You are writing the off-topic. Hit the target!

23-10-2016, 12:42 AM
(23-10-2016 12:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ......... You forgot a couple of words which are pretty important to it.

I'd like not to be confused. I am not a book-worm. I am like the eagle, I see the picture above:

23-10-2016, 12:48 AM
You're not of commensurate ability with Godel. You guaranteed do not understand his work. Trying to appropriate scientific or mathematical advances to your stupid cause does not make you intelligent or your cause more believable, if you do not understand the science in the first place.

It's like some pastor claiming that DNA proves that God created us because it's too complex to arise naturally. *How the fuck would he know?*

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
23-10-2016, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2016 12:57 AM by Astreja.)
I have previously stated that you are My enemy, theBorg. I have not rescinded this proclamation, nor do I intend to at this time.

You are a failed physicist, addicted to a deeply deluded church, babbling inexpertly in a language you do not adequately understand. You make a mockery of every scientific topic you try to discuss -- Instead of turning things to gold, as in the story of King Midas, your touch turns things to shit.

My understanding of Gödel's Incompleteness Theorems is that [a] some mathematical axioms may be true but not provable, and [b] a system cannot validate itself.

If you apply Gödel's concepts to science it changes nothing. Scientific theories, unlike mathematical proofs, are subject to ongoing revision as new data arrives. This is not a weakness; it is a strength, because it allows theories to become more accurate and therefore more useful.

If you apply Gödel's concepts to religion, then it just reinforces what we've been telling believers for many years: You can't use scripture as evidence for itself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Astreja's post
23-10-2016, 01:15 AM
the only relationship between science and blind faith, is the scientific understanding of how blind faith arises and is maintained

and thats it
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
23-10-2016, 01:21 AM
(23-10-2016 12:52 AM)Astreja Wrote:  ...........
My understanding of Gödel's Incompleteness Theorems is that [a] some mathematical axioms may be true but not provable, and [b] a system cannot validate itself.

It is the notions of the technical mathematics, as it should be, because the Gödel is the respectful mathematician. So, there is no extension to the Philosophy and the Religion?