Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?
(23-10-2016 11:18 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ........ It makes "we do not know" the answer.

It is ugly gap. I hate to have gaps in the head. I am filling them with the True God. When the secular science would invent the good solution, there would be less "filled gaps".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?
Yes, that's why you don't actually accept things on an absolute complete matter if you want an open skepticism towards knowledge.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-10-2016, 11:34 AM
(23-10-2016 11:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 11:18 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ........ It makes "we do not know" the answer.

It is ugly gap. I hate to have gaps in the head. I am filling them with the True God. When the secular science would invent the good solution, there would be less "filled gaps".

Is this sincere? Thats fine for you if that's the case.

Caring or desiring anyone else to give a thought to what you say about matters on these subjects is rude and foolish.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
23-10-2016, 11:36 AM

.... so what you're saying is, people with gaps in their head turn to a belief in God?

Cool
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
23-10-2016, 11:42 AM
(23-10-2016 11:34 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ......
Caring or desiring anyone ............. is rude and foolish.

I am sorry, if it seems evil. I am only demonstrating my inner world. All are invited, but nobody is forced to enter. My favorite song:

23-10-2016, 12:10 PM
(23-10-2016 11:36 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 11:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  It is ugly gap. I hate to have gaps in the head. I am filling them with the True God. When the secular science would invent the good solution, there would be less "filled gaps".

.... so what you're saying is, people with gaps in their head turn to a belief in God?

Cool

It is voluntary. What ever makes you happy, friend.
23-10-2016, 12:23 PM
(23-10-2016 10:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 09:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  More spam from Borg. Ban this fucking ignorant presuppositional troll.

I don't think he has done anything particularly ban-worthy. Even his posts, while they frequently repeat similar themes, are ostensibly different topics and are not so many that they are spam.

And sadly, being boastfully ignorant is not a crime, even at TTA.

I think the multiple idiotic threads is spam.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-10-2016, 12:37 PM
(23-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  .......... Arguments from ignorance and incredulity can be left at the door as they are not evidence. Got anything else?

The secular science can not yet trace all the history from nothingness (absence of space-time prior to Seeming Big Bang) to the President Putin. So, the True God of the gaps is still necessary (the True God is "not completely killed" yet by the secularism), to make us whole and holy. Correct?

Why suppose there was ever nothing? Why do you start with non-existence? We know that something exists. So why start with nothing and then seek a cause for existence and commit yourself to stolen concepts?

The notion of a god which existed prior to existence refutes itself.

You have to start somewhere, there can't be an infinite regress of explanations and trying to explain existence in terms of something prior to it is fallacious. The notion of a god presupposes existence because it would have to exist in order to create anything. So if you point to something that exists to explain existence, then you've not made any progress in explaining existence, but you have created a whole bunch of logical problems for yourself. objectivism avoids this by the formal recognition that existence exists. It can't be explained, or analyzed or accounted for. You either accept it or not. Theists don't accept it which is why theism fails as a philosophy because it begins with nothing. If you don't start with existence then you start with something other than existence. The only alternative to existence is non-existence. That is your starting point TheBorg whether you realize it or not. Nothing.

That is the reason that I'm an atheist.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
23-10-2016, 12:43 PM
(23-10-2016 11:22 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The theorems in Physics are proven, if their source is true and the derivation is correct. Hereby the theorems of the Physics may not coincide with the empirical observations.

Thank you for again demonstrating that you do not understand how science works.

It is ugly gap. I hate to have gaps in the head. I am filling them with the True God.

It is an ugly gap but filling it with something for which you have no justification doesn't make it any less ugly.

Quote:When the secular science would invent the good solution, there would be less "filled gaps".

That's been the history of science vs religion and there's no apparent reason to expect it to stop. Your god's gaps have been getting smaller and smaller.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-10-2016, 01:01 PM
(23-10-2016 11:42 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 11:34 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  ......
Caring or desiring anyone ............. is rude and foolish.

I am sorry, if it seems evil. I am only demonstrating my inner world. All are invited, but nobody is forced to enter. My favorite song:

[Image: annoying-starbucks-people-1.gif]

(23-10-2016 11:42 AM)theBorg Wrote:  It is voluntary. What ever makes you happy, friend.

[Image: f61.gif]

Seriously. You have more delusions in your head than I thought one skull could hold.

[Image: Sheldon-Cooper-GIF.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post