Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?
(23-10-2016 12:43 PM)unfogged Wrote:  ........
(23-10-2016 11:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  It is ugly gap. I hate to have gaps in the head. I am filling them with the True God.

It is an ugly gap but filling it with something for which you have no justification doesn't make it any less ugly.

Can a boy to measure the love of his girlfriend by a thermometer? No.
Can a boy measure the True God with the thermometer? No.

So, do you catch the pattern here? Yes, because there are non-physical things also.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2016, 01:19 PM
(23-10-2016 01:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  

It is an ugly gap but filling it with something for which you have no justification doesn't make it any less ugly.

So, do you catch the pattern here? Yes, because there are non-physical things also.

Some other things you can't measure with a thermometer:

Earth's mass
The distance between the earth and the moon
The speed of light
The frequency of a middle-C note
The number of people killed by Christians throughout history.
The age of the oldest tree known
The number of books in the New York City Library
The density of platinum (room temperature at sea level)
The density of your skull
The volume of water in Earth's oceans
The apparent magnitude of Sirius
The tensile strength of soap bubbles

Trying, and failing, to measure these things with a thermometer doesn't mean a god exists. It means YOU'RE AN IDIOT WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT A THERMOMETER IS FOR.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post
23-10-2016, 01:22 PM
(23-10-2016 01:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  

"Non-physical" is a negative, it does not tell us what a thing is, only what it isn't.

Ideas for instance, ideas are non-physical. But calling them non-physical doesn't tell us what they are. I would say that ideas are conceptual. If your God is non-physical, would you say that it is conceptual?

I really hope you answer this question instead of evading it because the answe is extremely important.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
23-10-2016, 01:33 PM
(23-10-2016 01:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Can a boy to measure the love of his girlfriend by a thermometer? No.

Actually, a change in temperature might occur when they see each other because of the physical reactions that take place. Changes in pupil dilation, heart rate, capillary dilation, perspiration, etc are all measurable signs of emotion. Coupled with behavior there is usually sufficient evidence to support the belief that one person loves another.

Quote:Can a boy measure the True God with the thermometer? No.
Do, do you catch the pattern here? Yes, because there are non-physical things also.

I catch the pattern very well. You have no clue what you are talking about and want to skip over the fact that there is no evidence for your god.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
23-10-2016, 01:39 PM
(23-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  .......... Arguments from ignorance and incredulity can be left at the door as they are not evidence. Got anything else?

The secular science can not yet trace all the history from nothingness (absence of space-time prior to Seeming Big Bang) to the President Putin. So, the True God of the gaps is still necessary (the True God is "not completely killed" yet by the secularism), to make us whole and holy. Correct?

Be careful who's hands you put your world in....

[Image: flawed1_zpsgxt2hjgb.png]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
23-10-2016, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2016 02:07 PM by theBorg.)
(23-10-2016 01:19 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 01:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Can a boy to measure the love of his girlfriend by a thermometer? No.

Some other things you can't measure with a thermometer:
......... WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT A THERMOMETER IS FOR.

When, if True Love is physical thing, tell me with what a Physicist measures it? Laugh out load
23-10-2016, 02:04 PM
(23-10-2016 01:22 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...........
"Non-physical" is a negative, it does not tell us what a thing is, only what it isn't.
I really hope you answer this question instead of evading it because the answe is extremely important.

1) the non-physical thing is simply the unknown to the materialist. Unknown thing. Like the unexplained yet UFO-es. Not all unknown things are non-physical.

2) The humans can not make the True God. They are making the false gods, but this is sin.
23-10-2016, 02:08 PM
(23-10-2016 01:55 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 01:19 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Some other things you can't measure with a thermometer:
......... WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT A THERMOMETER IS FOR.

When, if True Love is physical thing, tell me with what a Physicist measure it? Laugh out load

Love is an emotion and the way we measure love is in relation to our other values. I like some people. I love some people. I'm indifferent towards others. the greatest Love is reserved for my highest values. My wife and my kids are my highest value. My neighbors down the street, I don't like at all. We measure love by our hierarchy of values.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
23-10-2016, 02:09 PM
(23-10-2016 02:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  They are making the false gods, but this is sin.

Your God is false

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-10-2016, 02:12 PM
(23-10-2016 01:39 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The secular science can not yet trace all the history from nothingness (absence of space-time prior to Seeming Big Bang) to the President Putin. So, the True God of the gaps is still necessary (the True God is "not completely killed" yet by the secularism), to make us whole and holy. Correct?

Be careful who's hands you put your world in....

[Image: flawed1_zpsgxt2hjgb.png]

Well if that image is used, four. Someone got nails through the wrong place, where it would tear quickly through that part of the hands as the person would pull themselves up (popular depictions aside). Needs to be placed just above the wrist between the ulna and the radius.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user