Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 02:13 PM
RE: Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?
(23-10-2016 02:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 01:22 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...........
"Non-physical" is a negative, it does not tell us what a thing is, only what it isn't.
I really hope you answer this question instead of evading it because the answe is extremely important.

1) the non-physical thing is simply the unknown to the materialist. Unknown thing. Like the unexplained yet UFO-es. Not all unknown things are non-physical.

2) The humans can not make the True God. They are making the false gods, but this is sin.

This does not answer my question. I asked if god is conceptual. But your evasive answer here is quite the admission on your part. Very telling. God is a gap to you, an ignorance that you fill with your imagination. Every once in a while a theist will let a candid moment of honesty through the pretense.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
23-10-2016, 02:14 PM
(23-10-2016 02:08 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  ........ We measure love by our hierarchy of values.

Very very theistic. Thumbsup
However a materialist will strongly disagree with your Standard Instrument: it is not among the Instruments known in Physics.
23-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
23-10-2016, 02:18 PM
(23-10-2016 02:13 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  .........
This does not answer my question. I asked if god is conceptual. ......

A concept is made by people. My True God is not made. Capisce?

Heart
23-10-2016, 02:21 PM
(23-10-2016 02:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try

One is free to imagine. What ever makes him happy. But it is sin. Sad
23-10-2016, 02:21 PM
(23-10-2016 02:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 01:39 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Be careful who's hands you put your world in....

[Image: flawed1_zpsgxt2hjgb.png]

Well if that image is used, four. Someone got nails through the wrong place, where it would tear quickly through that part of the hands as the person would pull themselves up (popular depictions aside). Needs to be placed just above the wrist between the ulna and the radius.

Careful, next you'll start wondering why all the pictures show adam & eve with belly buttons....

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-10-2016, 02:24 PM
(23-10-2016 02:14 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 02:08 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  ........ We measure love by our hierarchy of values.

Very very theistic. Thumbsup
However a materialist will strongly disagree with your Standard Instrument: it is not among the Instruments known in Physics.

Wow! Do you realize what you just said. That concepts are not among the instruments know to physicists. You are on a roll destroying your credibility here, but then that's nothing new. Values are conceptual. They are the product of the reasoning faculty of man. You are saying here that reason is not known to physicists. I suppose reason is all on the side of mystics, huh?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
23-10-2016, 02:27 PM
(23-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  .......... Arguments from ignorance and incredulity can be left at the door as they are not evidence. Got anything else?

The secular science can not yet trace all the history from nothingness (absence of space-time prior to Seeming Big Bang) to the President Putin. So, the True God of the gaps is still necessary (the True God is "not completely killed" yet by the secularism), to make us whole and holy. Correct?

There is no religious science and no secular science, just science.
Define *prior* considering the "absence of space-time" Facepalm
God of the gaps is not necessary but a fallacy, but for you it maybe was necessary to commit a fallacy (in each and every statement you make), else you wouldnt be you.
Correct? 0,000000%, like usual. Drinking Beverage
Having mental issues? Most probably. Hobo

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
23-10-2016, 02:54 PM
(23-10-2016 02:18 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 02:13 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  .........
This does not answer my question. I asked if god is conceptual. ......

A concept is made by people. My True God is not made. Capisce?

Heart

Well I agree with you here. Non-existent things are not made.

23-10-2016, 02:59 PM
(23-10-2016 11:14 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, the True God of the gaps is still necessary (the True God is "not completely killed" yet by the secularism), to make us whole and holy. Correct?

Absolutely false, as there has never been a need to be "whole and holy." There is no evidence that such a thing is possible. There is no evidence that such a thing is necessary. There is no evidence that such a thing is desirable.

Why would I want to be perfect? Why would I want to be holy? How could they make life any more interesting, rather than less interesting? I'd rather paint in bright, obnoxious and occasionally clashing colours, rather than staring at a blank white wall for eternity and being afraid to do anything lest I smudge it and destroy its "holiness."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post