Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: Gödel theorems. Blind faith is scientific, isn't it?
(23-10-2016 03:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 02:21 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Careful, next you'll start wondering why all the pictures show adam & eve with belly buttons....

I laughed out loud. Like actually out loud. Besides, my church is cool with evolution. Now if it was when I was but a wee Baptist sandtrout, that comment would be truly scandalizing!

So did I when I first read it. Somewhere online, IIRC. Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-10-2016, 07:07 PM
(23-10-2016 05:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 03:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I laughed out loud. Like actually out loud. Besides, my church is cool with evolution. Now if it was when I was but a wee Baptist sandtrout, that comment would be truly scandalizing!

Yabut, your church has whackadoodle theology. Yes

But Chas, you think every church has whackadoodle theology. Tongue Except possibly for the whackanoodle theology of the Pastafarians.

(23-10-2016 06:25 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 03:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I laughed out loud. Like actually out loud. Besides, my church is cool with evolution. Now if it was when I was but a wee Baptist sandtrout, that comment would be truly scandalizing!

So did I when I first read it. Somewhere online, IIRC. Big Grin

Still giving you credit for it here!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2016, 07:13 PM
(23-10-2016 05:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 08:21 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I was just pointing out that it is improper to speak of proving a theory. Theories are confirmed or validated, not proven. It would be improper to speak of the theory of relativity being proven since it a set of general principles.

Yabut, scientific theories and theorems of mathematics are not at all the same thing.

Gödel's theorems are theorems of mathematics and are proven.

Evolution is a scientific theory that has a great deal of supporting evidence and has not been disproven.

Yep, you are right and I was wrong in what I said earlie.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
23-10-2016, 07:17 PM
(23-10-2016 02:14 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 02:08 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  ........ We measure love by our hierarchy of values.

Very very theistic. Thumbsup
However a materialist will strongly disagree with your Standard Instrument: it is not among the Instruments known in Physics.

You are confusing the units of measure with the instrument that does the measuring. The mind is the instrument that measures values.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
23-10-2016, 08:30 PM
(23-10-2016 07:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 05:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, your church has whackadoodle theology. Yes

But Chas, you think every church has whackadoodle theology. Tongue Except possibly for the whackanoodle theology of the Pastafarians.

There are degrees of whackadoodle, and your lot has been refining whackadoodle for 1600 years.

Some of that Catholic shit is really sick, e.g. original sin. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Whacking and noodling are not the same.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-10-2016, 09:53 PM
(23-10-2016 02:27 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ............
There is no religious science and no secular science, just science.
Define *prior* considering the "absence of space-time" Facepalm
God of the gaps is not necessary but a fallacy, but for you it maybe was necessary to commit a fallacy (in each and every statement you make), else you wouldnt be you.
Correct? 0,000000%, like usual. Drinking Beverage
Having mental issues? Most probably. Hobo

The Creation of the Universe is ordered, so prior the Universe was nothingness.
See: the nothingness was not created from the Universe (this is desire and goal of the satan).

What ever makes you happy. But it is sin to reject the Creation Science. Because Creationism is True. True to the Holy God.

Mental issues? The mirror does not have any issues: the lookers have.

1) The creation science fills the gaps with the True God.
2) The secular science is that one, which does not fill the gaps with the True God. The secular Science does fill the gaps with nothingness, with emptiness.
Quote from the song: "Now you run away, only emptiness remain", look:

23-10-2016, 09:54 PM
(23-10-2016 08:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whacking and noodling are not the same.

And given our breeding rate, I'd say we've got the noodling part down too.

Need to think of a witty signature.
23-10-2016, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2016 01:03 AM by theBorg.)
(23-10-2016 05:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 02:14 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Very very theistic. Thumbsup
However a materialist will strongly disagree with your Standard Instrument: it is not among the Instruments known in Physics.

You do not understand what materialism is. It does not deny the existence of emergent properties of matter as you so ignorantly state.

You are not the True God to judge me. So stop the *** insults, please. I was in professional science longer than you, wasn't I?

The hierarchy of values inside an atheist do not measure the True Love, because are not objective: there is no certain number attached to certain level of love.
23-10-2016, 10:18 PM
(23-10-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  You are not the True God to judge me.
One does not need to be a god to judge you when everything you say is either demonstrably wrong or so stupid it doesn't make sense enough to even figure out. You don't get to say and do whatever you want and not face judgment from the people around you.

(23-10-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  So stop the damn insults, please.
Fuck you.

(23-10-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  I was in professional science longer than you, wasn't I?
No you were at no point a actual scientist. You had no PhD, you couldn't get published, and you don't know the first thing about the scientific method. For fuck sake you didn't know what a burden of proof was and had to ask me if it was in the Bible.
Even if you were a scientist, you are not, that doesn't detract from the fact you are both wrong and an idiot.

(23-10-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The hierarchy of values inside an atheist do not measure the True Love, because are not objective: there is no certain number attached to certain level of love.
Try that word salad nonsense again but in English.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post