G'Day from Australia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2012, 05:28 PM
G'Day from Australia
Hello, I'm 18 from Australia. I've been atheist since I was 8. I used to be quite a fundie (even being so young and despite being raised in an agnostic/buddhist family, my parents simply let me find out for myself).

I lost my faith via starving myself for several days in hope that God would answer my prayers. And I am so thankful that my religion teacher told us how she prayed for a parking spot, to which Jesus answered her prayers, because when I told my parents this, they said, "Pray to God for food then." Tough love yes, but it changed my train of thought. When I confronted my religion teacher about the existence of God as he didn't answer my prayers, she said "Do not question Gods existence, without God, the bible wouldn't exist," to which I replied "Without Batman there is no justice." I've had many years to explore the nature of science and all the marvels that are being discovered and it just keeps getting more interesting.

I am a uni student doing a Bachelor of Business Management hoping to Major in Marketing, and perhaps adding Law as a dual degree. I've played representative cricket, and standard competition tennis, am half-asian, enjoy reading thriller novels and yeah that's all really.

So yeah, that's my little spiel about myself

- Adrian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dysllexic's post
17-05-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: G'Day from Australia
(17-05-2012 05:28 PM)dysllexic Wrote:  Hello, I'm 18 from Australia. I've been atheist since I was 8. I used to be quite a fundie (even being so young and despite being raised in an agnostic/buddhist family, my parents simply let me find out for myself).

I lost my faith via starving myself for several days in hope that God would answer my prayers. And I am so thankful that my religion teacher told us how she prayed for a parking spot, to which Jesus answered her prayers, because when I told my parents this, they said, "Pray to God for food then." Tough love yes, but it changed my train of thought. When I confronted my religion teacher about the existence of God as he didn't answer my prayers, she said "Do not question Gods existence, without God, the bible wouldn't exist," to which I replied "Without Batman there is no justice." I've had many years to explore the nature of science and all the marvels that are being discovered and it just keeps getting more interesting.

I am a uni student doing a Bachelor of Business Management hoping to Major in Marketing, and perhaps adding Law as a dual degree. I've played representative cricket, and standard competition tennis, am half-asian, enjoy reading thriller novels and yeah that's all really.

So yeah, that's my little spiel about myself

- Adrian
G'day mate.
Owyergoinorright? I'm from Oz too!
Welcome to the forum.
WE'll throw another baby on the barby! Wink

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
17-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I actually suggested starting the church of batman earlier this year, but not enough people got on board the idea.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
17-05-2012, 05:49 PM
OP is one cheeky cunt mate, I swear. Big Grin

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
17-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the forum! Building quite the army of Aussies around here.

I have a question. Do you guys actually talk like crocodile Dundee? It's ok if you do I'm just curious.

I'm Canadian and I say aboot sometimes and I say eh all the time.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-05-2012, 05:56 PM
(17-05-2012 05:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Building quite the army of Aussies around here.

I have a question. Do you guys actually talk like crocodile Dundee? It's ok if you do I'm just curious.

Depends on where they are from. Melbourne has a lot of accents that sound like British Jersey Shore. Darwin seemed a softer more British sounding accent.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
17-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey dys,

Welcome to TTA Smile

Which part of Oz are you from?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
17-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Welcome aboard.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
17-05-2012, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2012 06:38 PM by germanyt.)
I would totally smash this chick.

LOL she's complaining about this dude.
[Image: 1286998513428.jpg]

-Mark Twain
17-05-2012, 08:39 PM
(17-05-2012 05:56 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(17-05-2012 05:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Building quite the army of Aussies around here.

Depends on where they are from. Melbourne has a lot of accents that sound like British Jersey Shore. Darwin seemed a softer more British sounding accent.
British Jersey Shore must sound great!
Tasmanians sound pretty strange they call a creek a crick, and odd people rummins. Huh

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat