G'day From The Great White North

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 06:17 AM
RE: G'day From The Great White North
(05-01-2014 11:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 10:19 PM)Lazarus Unchained Wrote:  Canada, you know the best part of North America, must be the best part, its on top

You seem quite....um....."confident"

Must be from Ontario. My guess is southern. Dodgy

Nah, just pullin yer chain. Welcome.

annnndddd.........you would be guessing wrong, sorry no cigar and we will be taking back all the prizes you have won up to now. Evil_monster

Vancouver area of BC actually, the one part of Canada where you can ride your motorbike pretty much year round and where we keep the snow where "God" intended it to be kept, up on the mountains and off our streets. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Lazarus Unchained's post
06-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Shit. I really wanted that toaster. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Guten Abend

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
06-01-2014, 06:03 PM
(06-01-2014 03:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm looking forward to an explanation of Islamic-Judaism Laughat

Welcome
Quite simple actually. Back in the day, you had to fill out a Next of Kin form when you reported aboard an HMC Ship. Now, you were allowed to put down, none, agnostic, atheist or whatever on the religion line. However, if you put down none, or agnostic or atheist on that line and then used the phrase "God Damn It/You" or "God Help Me/You, or any other variation of profaning or calling upon God, then you could be liable for a charge (mind you, the Coxs'n and Jimmy the One really had to want to pin your arse to the table to use this) of falsifying an official document. A big no-no in the forces.

So being a smart-arse I put down Islamic-Judaism as my religion. The only time I got caught out was when Lt. Commander (Major) Roman Catholic padre came on board to collect these chits (small patrol/training vessel was fresh out of dry dock and a complete refit, we were crewing her up for her shake down cruise). He was going thru them looking for RC's I guess to badger, when he stopped, roared out "Where is Leading Seaman Lazarus" "Here Sir" I piped up, "You are a smart-ass Leading Seaman" he said and then continued on with his duties.
[+] 3 users Like Lazarus Unchained's post
06-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
06-01-2014, 07:16 PM
This can't be right at all... There are more Canadians on the forum than in the country.
06-01-2014, 11:38 PM
(06-01-2014 06:17 AM)Lazarus Unchained Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 11:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You seem quite....um....."confident"

Must be from Ontario. My guess is southern. Dodgy

Nah, just pullin yer chain. Welcome.

annnndddd.........you would be guessing wrong, sorry no cigar and we will be taking back all the prizes you have won up to now. Evil_monster

Vancouver area of BC actually, the one part of Canada where you can ride your motorbike pretty much year round and where we keep the snow where "God" intended it to be kept, up on the mountains and off our streets. Big Grin

Your arrogance is uncustomary of Canadians... please apologize (as is more appropriate).

Big Grin

Welcome to TTA!

I'll be in your city (New West more accurately) in about 2 months time to take pics of my brand new baby twins nephew and/or nieces. I love going west!
07-01-2014, 12:52 AM
(06-01-2014 11:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:17 AM)Lazarus Unchained Wrote:  annnndddd.........you would be guessing wrong, sorry no cigar and we will be taking back all the prizes you have won up to now. Evil_monster

Your arrogance is uncustomary of Canadians... please apologize (as is more appropriate).

Big Grin

Welcome to TTA!

I'll be in your city (New West more accurately) in about 2 months time to take pics of my brand new baby twins nephew and/or nieces. I love going west!

Oh, I'm sorry aboout that. our country has a few feisty fellers...

No offense there eh Lazarus.
07-01-2014, 02:33 AM
(06-01-2014 07:16 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  This can't be right at all... There are more Canadians on the forum than in the country.

See, my idea has some support. Tongue

07-01-2014, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 06:48 PM by Lazarus Unchained.)
(06-01-2014 11:38 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:17 AM)Lazarus Unchained Wrote:  annnndddd.........you would be guessing wrong, sorry no cigar and we will be taking back all the prizes you have won up to now. Evil_monster

Big Grin

Welcome to TTA!

The concept that Canadian's are a polite, kindhearted, and apologetic people is a myth, neigh a belief that borders on being a RELIGION.

That that religion has no basis in reality matter not, all that matter is there are those that believe it with all their heart and soul even when all evidence to contrary is presented to them. One just has to look at Canada's Official National Sport to see the true black heart that resides in Canadian. And no, it isn't Ice Hockey, but rather Lacrosse a game adopt from the Ojibwe First Nations people and known as "Little Brother Of War" in their language. A game where it is required to beat the opposing playing half to death with sticks and hurl rock hard balls at their unprotected bodies until they are bloody and broken, a game who's unfettered violence and blood lust is second only to that of the most vicious and vile game in the world, British Women's Field Hockey.

But I digress, while the Canadian apologetic and polite nature is a myth, it is not one that we Canadian's who being utterly a black-hearted, cynical, conniving, deceiving and an opportunistic lot, are going readily debunk or deny, after all, we stand to benefit from the gullibility of others. If they believe we are kind, nice, polite people then so be it, and such a mistaken belief makes it so much the easier to slide the knife in and make away with their riches.

But all religions require legions of evangelically driven true believers to go forth around the world and spread the myth with a missionary zeal in order to be successful. And there are legions of true believers who freely and willingly spread the myth of Canadian politeness and apologetic nature around the world, we call them.......................AMERICANS.Big GrinBig Grin
[Image: 2j0gmzq.jpg]