G'day an ex jehovah witness here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2013, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 03:01 PM by Imdefender.)
G'day an ex jehovah witness here
I stared on the internet as "Imdefender" to defend my faith as a Jehovah's Witness
in in order to save you from yourself and give you everlasting life.
Debating on the Internet is how I became a Agnostic

Not atheist but agnostic heres how how think about it... if there is a god and a possibility that I could be damned by him/her then if I am to be damned it will be for who am not for who I pretend to be

I'm still Imdefender but for different reasons

I love Thunderf00t and do now and then watch The Amazing Atheist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Imdefender's post
26-10-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: G'day an ex jehovah witness here
(26-10-2013 02:46 PM)Imdefender Wrote:  Debating on the Internet is how I became a Agnostic.

Oops

Hey idef. Things change, huh?

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-10-2013, 03:10 PM
(26-10-2013 03:04 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey idef. Things change, huh?
yea
(26-10-2013 03:04 PM)kim Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. Smile

thanks glade to be here
26-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum! Ex-Witness here. In my opinion, the internet is a place where religions tend to perish. Laughat I never defended my faith on it, but gathered the information and put two and two together to wind up here. Big Grin Enjoy your stay!

If you don't mind, could you tell us abit about the process you had from going from a beleiver, defending/debating your faith to now identifying as an agnostic?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
26-10-2013, 03:36 PM
(26-10-2013 03:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  If you don't mind, could you tell us abit about the process you had from going from a beleiver, defending/debating your faith to now identifying as an agnostic?

That's really a good idea. It could help you to get things into perspective by just laying it all out on the table. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-10-2013, 05:09 PM
(26-10-2013 03:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Welcome to the forum! Ex-Witness here. In my opinion, the internet is a place where religions tend to perish.
not just religions But I think you'll find a lot of religious like ideologies are starting to perish also

(26-10-2013 03:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I never defended my faith on it, but gathered the information and put two and two together to wind up here. Big Grin Enjoy your stay!
thanks
(26-10-2013 03:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  If you don't mind, could you tell us abit about the process you had from going from a beleiver, defending/debating your faith to now identifying as an agnostic?
basically I assumed that since My faith was 100% right so that the evidence would be overwhelming and all I had to do was learn enough to win the debate but I lost every one
26-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Welcome!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Good to have you on board.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-10-2013, 09:40 PM
ello jehovah , all my fave arguments were with Jehovah friends,
one night stoned with two of them a huge storm knocked power lines into the road outside.
Funniest shit ever ,If Armageddon is a good thing why did they got batshit crazy terrified.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-10-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 11:13 PM by Mr Woof.)
You make a great point about being damned for what you honestly feel, rather than for not towing the party line.
As there are over 1500 Christian denominations and sects, damning comes in many shapes and sizes.Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post