Poll: Is it awesome?
Ew, I don't like electronic music as a rule. (indifferent)
Meh, ET IS TEH SEAME AZ TEH dUBStEAPS (it sucks)
Dat bass. (I like it)
[Show Results]

G-g-g-gltich Hop! Awesome underground genre!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
G-g-g-gltich Hop! Awesome underground genre!
Hay guys, after a long ass hiatus, I have come back to the forum. Big Grin Through that time, I have gotten even more in depth in the electronic bass culture, looking deeper than major and minor record labels and finding indie producers. Throughout that search, I found one of the most interesting genres of electronic I have heard in a while. Glitch hop. The genre is at 100bpm, slower than dubstep, and has a hard funk and RnB influence. No set drum pattern, some nice basslines, funky-ass melodies, I'd say that this would easily become the next mainstream genre.

Some of the hipsters who have never left the UKF channel for their music fix have been calling this funkstep, but that is simply not the case. xD This is a different genre, different feel from you typical dubstep. Check it out!

What do you guys think?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
08-07-2012, 08:41 PM
RE: G-g-g-gltich Hop! Awesome underground genre!
This is the sort of thing that makes me feel old.

Damn kids and their loud music. Censored

Tongue

Glad you're back. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
08-07-2012, 08:51 PM
(08-07-2012 08:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is the sort of thing that makes me feel old.

Damn kids and their loud music. Censored

Tongue

Glad you're back. Big Grin
That don't mean nothing! Jam out to da glitch hops! xD

Thanks. Big Grin

Poonjab
09-07-2012, 04:08 AM
Its nice to hear the drop, although somewhat smaller and less epic....... at a timespan other than the usual 0:55 mark like your typical dubstep.

When I saw your title Glitch hop...... I envisaged the Glitch to be produced electronically or have an element of Hip-Hop added somehow...... what I heard was cool, slower dubstep that sounds funky...... so I can see why people call it FunkHop (where the hop has come from though is anybody guess ha ha)

Cool tunes...... id say my fave was the third one, the first two melodies had small moments where they reminded me of 90s computer games ever so slightly..... which isnt a bad thing Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-07-2012, 06:29 AM
If I go back to DJing I'll definitely have some for techno nights. I really can't stay awake when every song sticks to the same pattern. Nice find, wih it were a bit more funky though =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I like! *flails*

Global Declaration's vocal is funny at the end. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
24-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Thread needs moar Algorithm:

05-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I use to DJ Glitchhop and Dubstep at a local club on college nights. It's a decent genera for pumping up crowds and scene dancing, but not really something I'd listen to on a daily basis. I do, however, know of a few decent songs.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 07:10 PM
(05-08-2012 03:51 PM)Lightning Wrote:  I use to DJ Glitchhop and Dubstep at a local club on college nights. It's a decent genera for pumping up crowds and scene dancing, but not really something I'd listen to on a daily basis. I do, however, know of a few decent songs.

It all depends on the crowd and the style of the genre.

Poonjab