GARAGE SALE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: GARAGE SALE
Yeah, just about time to dust off my ebay account. Gots stuff to sell. I'll visit some analog garage sales too, got a spare room to fill with some exercise equipment.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't go to them...it's not for lack of opportunity though. I have had a couple that were not terribly successful and one where I walked out of the bath to find some women going through our cabinets wanting to know if we were selling our dishes. I told them we were moving across country but still planned to eat. Dodgy

Sale's outside ladies...that's where the stuff is we want to sell.

In another month people around here will be having them everywhere. People move in and out at the end of the school year and apparently it's required to have a garage sale at that time. But there are still several every weekend even when it's not moving season.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
03-05-2015, 05:04 AM
(02-05-2015 02:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 02:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Best buy ever -- A 8mm German Mauser K98 - in original condition -- all the original markings intact -- and a Mossberg 410 bolt action --- for $150. I sold the 410 for that.

Did some horsetrading with a buddy for the Mauser -- I'd conservatively put the worth at $800.

Karabiner 98K, the standard infantry rifle of the German Wehrmacht in WWII. Considered by many to be one of the finest bolt-action rifles ever fielded. I'd love to get a chance to fire one some day.

Right -- 98k. (Been around the 7.5 Swiss too long -- K31)

Certainly a very copied rifle. EVERYBODY made one at some point. I've got one rifle I built using a Serbian version of the receiver. Odd looking with Cyrillic script on it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-05-2015, 12:50 PM
Went today - made a couple nice scores -- a 30 foot long piece of American made 3/8 log chain. $20
And - a box filled with once shot brass - and 100 9mm lead bullets. Several hundred .223 and some 30-30, both of which I can use -- $5.

The SO got a Coca Cola serving tray from 1913 -- it appears genuine. $3.

A good haul for an hour or so's driving.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Yesterday I got a bunch of name brand clothing and shoes nice scores
One was a Michael kors shirt for 50cents!
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
26-05-2015, 06:52 AM
We hit the jackpot this weekend.

We hit a garage sale that was down a road that's less than 10 miles from my house - and I'd never been down this road before.

The road went from pavement to dirt, and got twisty, turny and hilly. We had just about given up, when we saw a sale. We stopped, but the first signs we'd seen said there was tools - which I look for --- and there wasn't any. The homeowner told us there was another sale, further down the dirt road.

Off we went. About 1/2 mile further, we came upon a ranch of sorts. Lots of fenced in areas, horses, and several large pole barns. A woman in "cowboy" attire greeted us and said "the lady running the sale is gone - but go on in the barn and check it out"..... Turns out she's the owner and has a friend running the sale.

I go inside the barn - and it's not well lit at all. But - there's stuff piled up EVERYWHERE. This barn is about 75 feet x 200 feet and less than 10 percent is bare floor. There's furniture, gaming tables, boxes of comic books, and boxes and boxes and boxes piled up - 6 feet deep in places. Tools in boxes, tool benches, steel and aluminum stock -- you name it -- it's here.
The SO bought some china -- for 15 bucks. Brought it home and priced on the internet -- close to 300 bucks worth.

The lady who owns the place finally gets time to talk - and she shows me around. The next barn over contains a steel fabrication shop - this building is a bit bigger than the first one - and two and 1/2 stories high inside - with a 5 ton overhead track crane running the entire length of the building. Steel fabricated benches 30 feet long and 10 feet wide -- all 1/2 inch plate.
Mig welders on overhead swing cranes.... Frigging amazing. She says they got too much work at one point and the business got too big - so they've pared it down to a 6 guys working - and they've got all the work they can handle.

The barn full of stuff???

Nature abhors a vacuum.

They built the building originally as a horse arena -- but they got out of the horse boarding business -- and pretty soon every friend they have decided they needed to "store something there for a few months".

She figures it's almost 30 years of accumulation.

We got invited to come back this weekend.

I'm bringing cash.

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Sweet.

I'm a garage sale/flea market/thrift store junkie.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-06-2015, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 03:49 PM by onlinebiker.)
Great score today....

A folder book of CD's.....

an odd collection - thrash metal, rock, country and hip-hop....

Megadeth, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Korn, Jewel, ect ect....

175 CD's -- most with the original jacket material stuffed in with the CD.
$15

I figure if I use half of them for pistol targets - I'm still coming out at less that a quarter a piece for the good ones...

Smile

07-06-2015, 03:39 PM
(07-06-2015 09:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Megadeath

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

D-E-T-H

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
07-06-2015, 03:48 PM
I stand corrected....