GARAGE SALE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: GARAGE SALE
(07-06-2015 03:39 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 09:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Megadeath

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

D-E-T-H

Ease up, m'Lord Destroyer of Drumsticks! He fixed it! Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 04:26 PM
About a month after we sold a bunch of stuff at a garage sale to this one guy I was out at several garage sales and came across the same stuff we'd sold the month before. It wasn't even at the garage of the guy we sold the stuff to, it was at another place so the guy had sold it to someone else who was selling it to someone else.

I got the notion that garage sale items are just being sold over and over again at other garage sale . That was about 10 years ago. I haven't been to a garage sale since.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-08-2015, 12:21 PM
I got a couple of great buys today.....

First off - one sale had an argon tank (used for TIG welding) and the lady running it said she'd take $10 for it - but didn't think there was any argon in it. I happened to recall a friend of mine wanted a C25 tank I have (for MIG welding), but I was keeping that as a spare - as the gas supplier will take a C25 tank for an argon tank....

I called my friend up - and he said he'd happily give me 10 bucks for my C25 tank - so I went ahead and bought the argon tank.

It's the same size as the one I have - which on last fill cost over $40.....

I got it home, hooked it up - and big surprise. It's full.....

I go on down the road, and hit another sale -- this one - had medical oxygen tanks.... I got a large one, and three smaller ones --- for $5.

The large one is half full - and should fit my regulator for my acetylene torch. The little tanks - one is full, two empty.... I'll probably find some use for those... Maybe hotrod my propane torch......

Smile

I fucking love garage sales....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-05-2016, 04:56 AM
It's getting to be that time of year again....

Hit a few sales this weekend -- and got a couple of good deals.

Picked up a bunch of Maglites --- the real ones -- a couple of 2, 3 and 4 D cell lights and a 3 C cell light plus a Craftsman retractable drop light (all work) for 20 bucks....

Got a 80 patio bricks for 10 bucks (90 bucks worth of bricks)

And the best -- for three bucks ---- a 2005 collection of the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy --- in the leather binding, with gold edging on vellum ------ with the ribbon bookmark.. It looks just like a KJV bible when face down. Something wonderful to keep out --- for when the Jehovah's Witnesses show up.....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-05-2016, 07:47 AM
(09-05-2016 04:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's getting to be that time of year again....

Picked up a bunch of Maglites --- the real ones -- a couple of 2, 3 and 4 D cell lights and a 3 C cell light plus a Craftsman retractable drop light (all work) for 20 bucks....

And the best -- for three bucks ---- a 2005 collection of the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy --- in the leather binding, with gold edging on vellum ------ with the ribbon bookmark.. It looks just like a KJV bible when face down. Something wonderful to keep out --- for when the Jehovah's Witnesses show up.....................

I'll give you $10 for the books. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2016, 07:57 AM
(09-05-2016 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 04:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's getting to be that time of year again....

I'll give you $10 for the books. Consider

Singular, not plural.

It's the complete collection -- plus one story.....

All in one book...

You can have it when I'm done with it.

That'll be when I'm dead...

Big Grin

09-07-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm back to our Saturday drive looking for goodies....

I scored big time at two sales....

At one I got a small roll around toolbox in nice condition... $20.
Also, got a radius\angle dresser for my surface grinder - an expensive tool. $50.

The big score, is a Packard Precision floor standing drill press. The guy was selling it for a friend - and it didn't run, and the spindle feed was froze. It took about an hour to fix. A mouse had ate the wiring, and as I figured, the moron had sprayed it with WD40 and gummed it up big-time.... Some MEK and synthetic oil fixed that. Works fine now. It's got a great rotar/tilting table and a Morse taper keyed Chuck in good condition. $40.

Find anything good???

09-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Hubby and I could easily go broke at auctions and estate sales. There is a lot to be said for being able to look at pictures of the stuff in advance.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
09-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Honestly they're not worth effort and work involved.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2017, 02:26 PM
(09-07-2017 12:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Honestly they're not worth effort and work involved.

It beats paying retail,.......

Tongue