GARAGE SALE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: GARAGE SALE
(09-07-2017 02:26 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 12:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Honestly they're not worth effort and work involved.

It beats paying retail,.......

Tongue

I meant more being the person hosting the garage sale. People piss me off.

I had shit appropriately priced and people still looked at me as if I were from mars.

Yes those fucking yankee candles are two dollars each.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2017, 03:33 PM
I used to follow a couple local garage sale type pages on Facebook. I did buy a couch from a lady on there but it's gone now...full of plaster after all the plaster work in the house...it served a purpose being hubby's bed during that process so it was worth what I spent on it.

Recently I stopped following the sites...no, I don't want to buy anyone's used shoes (and I apparently have very small feet anyway compared to other women around here) and no, your 'artwork' is fucking ugly. People were asking ridiculous prices for stuff that was obviously worn out - no, it doesn't matter what you paid for it six years ago...it's not worth that now with all the wear and tear.

People seem to think that crap they want to get rid of is worth an awful lot. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
09-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Driving home from our weekly grocery shopping yesterday I noted several people selling their garages. Seemed a bit rash in Texas given the hail. I can understand Californians selling their yards given the cost of keeping them in a drought.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-07-2017, 03:46 PM
(09-07-2017 03:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I used to follow a couple local garage sale type pages on Facebook. I did buy a couch from a lady on there but it's gone now...full of plaster after all the plaster work in the house...it served a purpose being hubby's bed during that process so it was worth what I spent on it.

Recently I stopped following the sites...no, I don't want to buy anyone's used shoes (and I apparently have very small feet anyway compared to other women around here) and no, your 'artwork' is fucking ugly. People were asking ridiculous prices for stuff that was obviously worn out - no, it doesn't matter what you paid for it six years ago...it's not worth that now with all the wear and tear.

People seem to think that crap they want to get rid of is worth an awful lot. Dodgy

We had "free boxes" filled with anything that was a cleaning supply, half used or gently worn. I wasn't about to haggle for pennies.

We had other stuff like a ton of never used Yankee candles in the glass jars...two bucks for the large ones, dollar for the smaller ones.

There was a shop vac (large) still in the box and unopened, we priced at $5. Someone offered us a dollar and I said no...we ended just keeping it.

Works great for cleaning between the seats in the cars.

All the clothing we sold...each piece was a dollar and some had tags on it.

We had this 10 drawer Ethan Allen dresser for $300...one person offered us $5 for it. Facepalm the tax writeoff for a donation would be worth more.

Then we sold stuff we didn't think would sell at all...like the shelving storage thing...

Another person got into a bidding war for a glass table...

They came back and offered double the price the Craig's list lady had offered.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Craigslist kills me with "free" stuff. Free firewood---just come cut this tree out of my yard. Free (nasty-assed) carpet---just come uninstall it from my living room, free bushes---just come dig them out of my yard (must take all). Free concrete---just come haul it away. Cardboard boxes, broken printers, sofa that's been rained on at the curb three times since they put it there and once since the town told them they don't take that crap away for free. My personal favorite, free deck boards---just come remove them from my deck. Yeah, people trying to get other people to do their work/haul away their garbage and thank them for it.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
09-07-2017, 04:19 PM
I sometimes think garage sales items are viruses. Every garage sale thingy is something from another garage sale which the buyer bought and is now selling and which will someday be garage sale fare which will inturn be bought then sold in another garage sale. It's the same stuff being sold over and over and over again. I drive right by garage sales because I don't want to catch the garage sale virus.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-07-2017, 04:28 PM
I am with you Smile
I used to stop, but now I control those urges.
09-07-2017, 04:30 PM
(09-07-2017 03:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 03:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I used to follow a couple local garage sale type pages on Facebook. I did buy a couch from a lady on there but it's gone now...full of plaster after all the plaster work in the house...it served a purpose being hubby's bed during that process so it was worth what I spent on it.

We had "free boxes" filled with anything that was a cleaning supply, half used or gently worn. I wasn't about to haggle for pennies.

We had other stuff like a ton of never used Yankee candles in the glass jars...two bucks for the large ones, dollar for the smaller ones.

There was a shop vac (large) still in the box and unopened, we priced at $5. Someone offered us a dollar and I said no...we ended just keeping it.

Works great for cleaning between the seats in the cars.

All the clothing we sold...each piece was a dollar and some had tags on it.

We had this 10 drawer Ethan Allen dresser for $300...one person offered us $5 for it. Facepalm the tax writeoff for a donation would be worth more.

Then we sold stuff we didn't think would sell at all...like the shelving storage thing...

Another person got into a bidding war for a glass table...

They came back and offered double the price the Craig's list lady had offered.

Your situation was a bit different. I am sure what you had was good stuff that you just didn't need or want.

But, yeah, watching people haggle over a quarter makes my eye twitch.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-07-2017, 05:08 PM
(09-07-2017 03:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 02:26 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It beats paying retail,.......

Tongue

I meant more being the person hosting the garage sale. People piss me off.

I had shit appropriately priced and people still looked at me as if I were from mars.

Yes those fucking yankee candles are two dollars each.

I hear that. I'd rather endure dental surgery minus anaesthetic.......

My personal rule is - if somebody has something quality, cheap - pay what they're asking with a smile. Be decent about it.... If they're practically giving something good away, it's insulting to haggle.you don't have to rape somebody to call it a good deal.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Long time ago I used to hold garage sales periodically. I'd also buy a couple jugs of cheap wine and offer some to people. Long as I made enough to cover the cost of the wine I was all good.

Neighbors would show up with snacks and more drinks and whatnot. These sales always turned into parties, I had fun.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post