GARAGE SALE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: GARAGE SALE
When we used to go to the beach in the summer, hubby and I would hit the antique (read collectible, read indoor yard sale) places. I did find a few things on those forays. I bought a lot of big serving spoons and several really old kitchen utensils that I used to have on display. I also found the bowl I was missing from my grandmother's mixing bowl set...I still use them all the time. I had three of four and one day walked into a shop and around the corner to find the fourth bowl all by itself for sale and in great shape.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Yeah, that chiseling the price can get annoying. We were required to sell as much of my mother's possessions as we could. It got appraised for tax purposes, so we had to do that rather than donate. 5 weekends (she had so much crap you wouldn't believe it). Stuff on sale for pennies on the dollar, and we get "Will you take $20?", for something marked $50. Dodgy These usually got the response, "How about $60?". You could actually see the boggling in their eyes. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-07-2017, 03:06 AM
In the UK we have "car boot sales" (Or I suppose "Trunk sales" for US readers) where people all meet up in their cars, and sell all their old garbage from out of their car boots/trunks accordingly. I would love to hit a proper garage sale, but car boot sales at like that but x10 I suppose Smile You have to get up really early to catch some proper nuts bargins and/or rare items, but some solid stuff can be found.

As a kid, [probably really sad on my part], most of my toys/things came from car boot sales, and most of it was fairly new/modern stuff that stupid people sell as they don't know what it is lol. Every week I'd hit our local market and buy old WWF wrestling toys for £1 each. It was awesome Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2017, 08:16 AM
(09-07-2017 04:08 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Craigslist kills me with "free" stuff. Free firewood---just come cut this tree out of my yard.

> Interestingly, when I was still heating my house with wood, I'd get offers like this all the time. There were some seasons in which about a third of my firewood came from removing trees from other persons' properties. During the last three years before I had to give up cutting wood, I was removing storm-damaged oaks from my brothers backyard.

> When I first bought my house in this rural hilltown (Chester, MA), power outages were a fact of life, especially when there was a heavy snowfall. For a few years I frequently checked out the local garage sales and flea markets in search of cheap candle holders. I gradually acquired over a dozen in various shapes and sizes, made from a wide variety of materials. The most sophisticated are a fancy pair of wrought iron and marble which came from a church. The metal is covered in gold leaf. I got them for $1 each. Smile
10-07-2017, 10:08 AM
The only free " firewood" I ever get offered is willow, pine, catalpa or other such garbage wood that you'd freeze to death while trying to heat with it.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.