GHOSTS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2016 02:24 PM by The Dark One.)
GHOSTS!
I'm wondering if anyone else did anything similar to what I did. Let me share my tale.

I never doubted the nonexistence of god. Since age 12, it has simply been a fact for me. But I did wonder about an afterlife, another plane of existence, something. We are energy, so where do we go? Are we still who we are?

To answer this, I became a ghost hunter. I spoke with the owners of every haunted place I could find, and got permission (usually) to spend the night there alone. I took recorders and cameras and meters and sought spirits.

Due to my career as an airline pilot, travel was free. Over the years I stayed alone in haunted castles in Germany, a haunted pub in England, I even spent the night in the ruins of Vlad's castle (Castle Poenari, not Bran) in Romania.

I never took anyone with me- I didn't want contagious fright. I wasn't out to prove anything to anybody, except myself. I used night vision cameras, I tried to capture EVP's...I did everything I could think of. Over the years my gear got more and more refined, and I had references so I got access to many places not normally so accepting.

I did this, in my spare time, for 20 years.

I found nothing. Absolutely and irrevocably nothing.

Anyone have any experiences?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: GHOSTS!
When I was a believer in god, i was a believer in Ghosts. I always used ghosts as my well if ghost exist then the after life must.

I've can't really say I was ever a Ghost Hunter. But I've meet people that have said they had ghost experinces in locations that I know I've been to.

The Whaley House for one.

[Image: fullexterior.jpg]

A friend of mine claim he had fully charged batterys on her video recored before we entered the building, but they were completely dead once we entered. Then once we left they were fully charged again. I can't say that was a sigh of a ghost mostly because she didn't let me check the camera. And since I didn't see any aperition handling her camera, i couldn't come to the resonable conclustion it wasn't Faries.

Another was a couple of teenage girls my wife and I meet at a haunted house (not a "real" one. Ones they set up at parks for Halloween.) They said they went to the Waleyhouse and caught a ghost in a photo. My wife (not a very skeptical person) looked in shock as she saw an ghost caught on camera. Me (a skeptical person that has experience in film and image capture and also being a visitor of the museum. Saw it as a glare on the plastic shields that prevents visitors from entering the rooms. When I brought that up i was immediately ignored.

I forget where I heard it I think it may have been an interview with someone on Penn Jillette. About a man that was a professional ghost hunter. Who spent most of his time debunking. One accurance when he caught a real ghost. This is the best I can rember the story told.

He had found himself at this hotel that had made claims of ghost occurances. Mostly from this one room (I'll call it 211) 211. Guests and maids had all said that the room always feels cold, and that objects are always found throan around the room. When whoever was occuping , or house keepers were not present. He entered the room and it indeed was much colder then the rest of the hotel. Even when he adjusted the thermostat it didn't effect things. House keepers wouldn't even come in the room when he order roomservice, they would just place things at the door. Or if they did show up they would always come in pairs. Something was really scaring them. His night past and he was on his way checking out, the asstaint manger was their and asked how he slept.

He said pretty well, but didn't see any ghost like expected. The assitant manger looked around leaned in and said "It gets really boring around here. I just like having a little fun. The housekeepers are so superstitious I can't help myself."

He found out the assistant manager was the one that would go into the room and move things when he knew the housekeepers were going to do their cleaning sneaking in behind them when they weren't doing what they were suppose to be doing. And he fixed the theristate so it would always be cold.

The hunter had finally found a ghost.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
30-07-2016, 03:07 PM
(30-07-2016 02:16 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'm wondering if anyone else did anything similar to what I did. Let me share my tale.

No. But I have a comment. What the fuck is wrong with you to compel you to go looking for ghosts? Go for Pokemon Go instead.

#sigh
30-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Yes, claims like this are exactly what started me on my "quest". I fully expected to find SOMETHING, because of all of the reports...but...nada.

All I know about faeries is that they wear boots...
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
30-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Quote:No. But I have a comment. What the fuck is wrong with you to compel you to go looking for ghosts? Go for Pokemon Go instead.

LMAO...well, neither pokemon go nor smart phones existed then, so...I didn't have the option.

It wasn't really a big deal to me, just curiosity...and the fact that I made a lot of money and travelled for a living made it easy. I really wanted to see a ghost, no matter what it really was. I like dark imagery, macabre, creepy stuff, But alas...
30-07-2016, 03:17 PM
I had an experience that was later explained away, but at the time it scared the crap outta me. Sister and bro in law buy an old farm. Lady of the house dies on the day of the move out. Kids break in and cause problems before house is ready.
I go over and stay as a 15 year old. I think a can of paint rolled down the stairs in the night, all i know is it sounded like somebody was coming for me.
What started the can rolling? I don't know, maybe I got pranked. Maybe a cat, maybe a rat. It sure as hell sounded like footsteps storming down the stairs. WRRRRRGH!
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
30-07-2016, 04:01 PM
I've slept in "haunted houses" - and never saw a thing...

I live "next door" to a graveyard (mom's buried there) -- and they're pretty quiet neighbors...............

Hell - I used to bang my first regular girlfriend in a graveyard in the back of my pickup truck on a regular basis... (it was nice and secluded).........

No problem...

Dead people, tend to stay pretty dead...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-07-2016, 04:08 PM
(30-07-2016 02:16 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'm wondering if anyone else did anything similar to what I did. Let me share my tale.

I never doubted the nonexistence of god. Since age 12, it has simply been a fact for me. But I did wonder about an afterlife, another plane of existence, something. We are energy, so where do we go? Are we still who we are?

To answer this, I became a ghost hunter. I spoke with the owners of every haunted place I could find, and got permission (usually) to spend the night there alone. I took recorders and cameras and meters and sought spirits.

Due to my career as an airline pilot, travel was free. Over the years I stayed alone in haunted castles in Germany, a haunted pub in England, I even spent the night in the ruins of Vlad's castle (Castle Poenari, not Bran) in Romania.

I never took anyone with me- I didn't want contagious fright. I wasn't out to prove anything to anybody, except myself. I used night vision cameras, I tried to capture EVP's...I did everything I could think of. Over the years my gear got more and more refined, and I had references so I got access to many places not normally so accepting.

Don't give up after only 20 years or so, Just like prayer you have to stick to it, maybe when you are about to die you will be visited by a ghost and he'll tell you which light to follow to get to God!
30-07-2016, 04:14 PM
(30-07-2016 03:16 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:No. But I have a comment. What the fuck is wrong with you to compel you to go looking for ghosts? Go for Pokemon Go instead.

LMAO...well, neither pokemon go nor smart phones existed then, so...I didn't have the option.

pussy.

[Image: norris.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-07-2016, 07:17 PM
I lived in a former funeral home for the first 18 years of my life. Didn't see a damn thing.

20 years at that shit? Jesus...