GMO's and genetic manipulation has produced horrific results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: GMO's and genetic manipulation has produced horrific results
(24-08-2015 07:14 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  While this one does not confirm flavor it confirms shelf life and other qualities that organic foods typically have that are not present in conventional foods. Organic potatoes have more Vit C, apples are firmer etc.

I grow apples. My neighbor grows organic apples. There is no difference in firmness or flavor.

Quote:Today, I would never eat something that I knew was cooked in something akin to animal fat. That stuff will kill ya! lol.

Too much of it combined with a sedentary or stressful lifestyle will kill you.

The more active one is, the less negative effect animal fat has. It is actually very efficient fuel. Talk to the Inuit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: GMO's and genetic manipulation has produced horrific results
(24-08-2015 07:14 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 01:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Citation needed.

1. Personal experience...lol..ok aaanndd..get ready?

http://content.time.com/time/video/playe...80,00.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/26...13895.html

While this one does not confirm flavor it confirms shelf life and other qualities that organic foods typically have that are not present in conventional foods. Organic potatoes have more Vit C, apples are firmer etc.

http://www.organicag.org/tastes-organic-...vegetables

Organic milk does have a flavor difference while most of the other foods don't have that presence but it is there for some of them which is why I buy organic corn and milk. Its just better and is healthier. Its proven scientific fact. We just can't do it because of how expensive it is and how much more people we can feed by not doing it and going with the more conventional methods.

As I stated, there are no transgenic livestock. Milk production and the qualitative benefits thereof thus are not directly related thereto...

Quote:There are no transgenic livestock.

I never said there was. I said I prefer the grass fed milk and beef. Which means they do not feed them Bovien Growth hormones, pieces of other cows, and pump them full of antibiotics....well they do but they have to wait a long time before turning them into beef or milking them again. Otherwise they get mostly pasture time eating grass with some grain.

Right, and though that's certainly a valid opinion to hold, it has not bearing on genetic engineering.

I, too, prefer my cows to have some freedom of movement and for them to be less exposed to artificial levels of growth hormones. There are in fact some laws on the matter here in Ontario. This has no bearing on genetic engineering.

Quote:Why, though? For what reasons do you let that influence your behaviour? Do you know if those reasons are attested in the scientific literature? Where did you hear them?

ok fair! I do it because I wanna live to be at least 150 and anything I can do now "even if its just small steps at a time" to keep my body as healthy as can be is the right thing to do!

http://authoritynutrition.com/canola-oil-good-or-bad/
A quote from AN -
Quote:Canola oil is made with a highly unnatural processing method that involves high heat, deodorization and the toxic solvent hexane. Significant amounts of trans fats are formed during this process.

http://www.foodrenegade.com/why-canola-o...alth-food/
http://draxe.com/canola-oil-gm/

I'm not sure "natural" is a meaningful paradigm as concerns anything human beings do. Our defining characteristic is in reshaping our natural environment; certainly ice age flora and fauna are nowhere near the domesticates we now possess.

(24-08-2015 07:14 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I hear them from a lot of nutritionists and health professionals. Sure I know it all goes back and forth a lot over the years for X is unhealthy for you this year and next some oprah show comes on and an amazing study finds that "canola" for example is some new super food oil and omg try it now!

To put a contrast to it, cigarettes used to be good for you and what everyone did 100 years ago.....now everyone wants to ban them everywhere and shut the industry down it seems. Same thing kinda goes for food in a way. We used to think Lard / Crisco was not a big deal when I was a child...and then it was the worst thing ever...then vegetable oil took over and then we all found out that vegi oil is really not very healthy for you and then stepped in canola oil for our high heat cooking which now coconut oil is "at a slower pace" starting to take its place in many kitchens.

In 10 years coconut oil will be replaced by some new invention even healthier then that. Today, I would never eat something that I knew was cooked in something akin to animal fat. That stuff will kill ya! lol.

I don't know that that's strictly accurate. Let us grant that cigarettes were purported to be healthy (rather than merely not unhealthy); what does it mean then, that the eventual conclusion was firmly that they were dangerous? It demonstrates that the truth settles regardless, so far as peer-reviewed analyses are concerned...

I think it is very important to consider where certain food claims originate - whether from specific narrow advocates or broader claimants.
(the single salient characteristic of putative "alternatives" is that they're willing to sell you something - at a premium, naturally...)

Animal fat is not in and of itself unhealthy. Every carnivore in nature lives on animal fat; primates are not exceptional in that regard.

I do grant that we're in a unique position in that we're far more in control of our inputs than any other species on earth, but that's no cause to indulge in bad science to explain it.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post