GMO's and genetic manipulation has produced horrific results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: GMO's and genetic manipulation has produced horrific results
DJJ - you really should watch Ghostexorcist's video. It explains a lot of stuff you really need to understand, if you want to have a serious discussion on GMOs. Just making stuff up about them (like "GMOs cause mayhem"?) won't cut it on any level of decency or honesty.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2015, 07:26 PM
(22-08-2015 04:51 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Athiests always seem to think they could creat better than the Creator, as that elevates their low self esteem. This even though they can create nothing. Maybe recreate if they dont feed their children GMO's and maybe have it possible if a sterilizing needle doesn;t get them (but someone else).

But this arrogancy doesn't just stop with words as they do want to creat a better mankind through genetic manipulation, extinction of the weak, sterilization of the wrong kind, selective in breeding of the best qualities or best race, (even though their predessor efforts failed as he lost WW2), eugenics, population reduction (war and disease), dictating personality through finding personality genes, transposing animal genes into the human genone.

They think they can do a better job and make a better Sun, and a better envirorment, and yet all their efforts are for naught as they always mess up what was created originally. How very sad.

Man created god in his image..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-08-2015, 07:39 PM
(22-08-2015 05:16 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Never been called a motherfucker before....

What rock you been living under? I been called a motherfucker ever since I was 8 yo.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-08-2015, 07:41 PM
(22-08-2015 07:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 05:16 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Never been called a motherfucker before....

What rock you been living under? I been called a motherfucker ever since I was 8 yo.

Maybe it's because no one talks to him at all. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-08-2015, 12:50 PM
(22-08-2015 05:57 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet. Potholer54 is usually a good debunker of woo...

Incidentally, the Onion helped clear up the topic just last week:
[Image: 800.jpg]

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
24-08-2015, 03:51 AM
The only thing I have with GMO's is that they don't taste quite as good as the organic stuff. Mostly I refer to the grass fed beef and milk.
Although that stuff IS a lot more expensive but you can taste a difference....although I guess some organics can be gmo's like plants and stuff.....maybe I am mixing up organic with gmo again I dunno, the two seem to be interchangeable these days it seems.

Anyway, most gmo's I could care less about but I prefer to distence myself from Canola and corn as much as possible. I would rather stick with non gmo organic corn and use coconut oil for everything instead.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
24-08-2015, 01:33 PM
(24-08-2015 03:51 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The only thing I have with GMO's is that they don't taste quite as good as the organic stuff.

Citation needed.

(24-08-2015 03:51 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Mostly I refer to the grass fed beef and milk.

There are no transgenic livestock.

(24-08-2015 03:51 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Although that stuff IS a lot more expensive but you can taste a difference....although I guess some organics can be gmo's like plants and stuff.....maybe I am mixing up organic with gmo again I dunno, the two seem to be interchangeable these days it seems.

Interchangeable in a certain segment of marketing, perhaps; a GMO crop can be grown organically. The latter has nothing to do with the provenance of the strain but is only concerned with the methods used to grow it. Methods which are, incidentally, less efficient, and often requiring even more inputs than the alternatives.

(24-08-2015 03:51 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Anyway, most gmo's I could care less about but I prefer to distence myself from Canola and corn as much as possible. I would rather stick with non gmo organic corn and use coconut oil for everything instead.

Why, though? For what reasons do you let that influence your behaviour? Do you know if those reasons are attested in the scientific literature? Where did you hear them?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-08-2015, 03:05 PM
GMO's are unnatural. Their electrons go around backwards. Confused

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-08-2015, 06:05 PM
(23-08-2015 12:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Incidentally, the Onion helped clear up the topic just last week:
[Image: 800.jpg]

Brilliant!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-08-2015, 07:14 PM
(24-08-2015 01:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:51 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The only thing I have with GMO's is that they don't taste quite as good as the organic stuff.

Citation needed.

1. Personal experience...lol..ok aaanndd..get ready?

http://content.time.com/time/video/playe...80,00.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/26...13895.html

While this one does not confirm flavor it confirms shelf life and other qualities that organic foods typically have that are not present in conventional foods. Organic potatoes have more Vit C, apples are firmer etc.

http://www.organicag.org/tastes-organic-...vegetables

Organic milk does have a flavor difference while most of the other foods don't have that presence but it is there for some of them which is why I buy organic corn and milk. Its just better and is healthier. Its proven scientific fact. We just can't do it because of how expensive it is and how much more people we can feed by not doing it and going with the more conventional methods.

Quote:There are no transgenic livestock.

I never said there was. I said I prefer the grass fed milk and beef. Which means they do not feed them Bovien Growth hormones, pieces of other cows, and pump them full of antibiotics....well they do but they have to wait a long time before turning them into beef or milking them again. Otherwise they get mostly pasture time eating grass with some grain.

Quote:Why, though? For what reasons do you let that influence your behaviour? Do you know if those reasons are attested in the scientific literature? Where did you hear them?

ok fair! I do it because I wanna live to be at least 150 and anything I can do now "even if its just small steps at a time" to keep my body as healthy as can be is the right thing to do!

http://authoritynutrition.com/canola-oil-good-or-bad/
A quote from AN -
Quote:Canola oil is made with a highly unnatural processing method that involves high heat, deodorization and the toxic solvent hexane. Significant amounts of trans fats are formed during this process.

http://www.foodrenegade.com/why-canola-o...alth-food/
http://draxe.com/canola-oil-gm/

I hear them from a lot of nutritionists and health professionals. Sure I know it all goes back and forth a lot over the years for X is unhealthy for you this year and next some oprah show comes on and an amazing study finds that "canola" for example is some new super food oil and omg try it now!

To put a contrast to it, cigarettes used to be good for you and what everyone did 100 years ago.....now everyone wants to ban them everywhere and shut the industry down it seems. Same thing kinda goes for food in a way. We used to think Lard / Crisco was not a big deal when I was a child...and then it was the worst thing ever...then vegetable oil took over and then we all found out that vegi oil is really not very healthy for you and then stepped in canola oil for our high heat cooking which now coconut oil is "at a slower pace" starting to take its place in many kitchens.

In 10 years coconut oil will be replaced by some new invention even healthier then that. Today, I would never eat something that I knew was cooked in something akin to animal fat. That stuff will kill ya! lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ