GOD DAMN DEER!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Exclamation GOD DAMN DEER!
I'm at my wits end with these damn deer. They are eating the ever loving shit out of my garden. I have tried to deter them through non-lethal means, but fuck, they are taking food out of my mouth. I'm about at the point where I am going to have to go Rambo on their ass. Most notably, I have only 2 pepper plants left. Anyhow, I have sensors that blasts a high pitch noise when they get near, which worked the last couple of years, but they've slowly gotten use to it it seems. I have fired .22's in their vicinity, which used to scare them off. Most recently I have walked up to about 15 yards away from them and fired near their feet, and they just look at me like "Bring it motherfucker!"...so that's what I guess I'll have to do.

I don't like killing things, but I have and will. I especially don't like killing things that I know I won't eat. Not that I won't eat deer, I just don't want to clean the bastard. I have no idea if it is legal to kill these things given the circumstances, but I don't care anymore. This bastards are eating all my food.

Next step is shoot them with a .22. Step after that is kill them with 7.62.

Okay, done ranting.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: GOD DAMN DEER!
(25-07-2013 07:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'm at my wits end with these damn deer. They are eating the ever loving shit out of my garden. I have tried to deter them through non-lethal means, but fuck, they are taking food out of my mouth. I'm about at the point where I am going to have to go Rambo on their ass. Most notably, I have only 2 pepper plants left. Anyhow, I have sensors that blasts a high pitch noise when they get near, which worked the last couple of years, but they've slowly gotten use to it it seems. I have fired .22's in their vicinity, which used to scare them off. Most recently I have walked up to about 15 yards away from them and fired near their feet, and they just look at me like "Bring it motherfucker!"...so that's what I guess I'll have to do.

I don't like killing things, but I have and will. I especially don't like killing things that I know I won't eat. Not that I won't eat deer, I just don't want to clean the bastard. I have no idea if it is legal to kill these things given the circumstances, but I don't care anymore. This bastards are eating all my food.

Next step is shoot them with a .22. Step after that is kill them with 7.62.

Okay, done ranting.

If you are going to shoot them, please kill them. It would be inhumane to use the .22 and wound them.

Also, get them butchered and use or donate the meat.

------

Have you tried hanging bars of deodorant soap around the garden? That is often effective.

Cut just one end of the wrapper off the soap and hang them opening down - that will protect the soap from rain.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-07-2013, 07:45 PM
GOD DAMN DEER!
Oh deer! Shocking

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Well, I'd rather injure them than kill them. Since, I'm not sure about the legality of this, I ain't going to be calling up the local butcher...besides that there aren't any real butchers around anyhow, I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Best case scenario, (IMO) hurt them and they learn their lesson. Second best scenario (IMO) I kill them and call up the cousins to come have them take care of the meat...if can get them to come out.

edit: I may try the soap thing, which I just saw.

25-07-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 07:59 PM by Chas.)
(25-07-2013 07:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Well, I'd rather injure them than kill them. Since, I'm not sure about the legality of this, I ain't going to be calling up the local butcher...besides that there aren't any real butchers around anyhow, I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Best case scenario, (IMO) hurt them and they learn their lesson. Second best scenario (IMO) I kill them and call up the cousins to come have them take care of the meat...if can get them to come out.

edit: I may try the soap thing, which I just saw.

No, really, don't injure them, that is terribly cruel.

A wound from a .22 will cause them a slow, lingering death from blood loss and infection, or weaken them for a predator. A blood trail will lead a predator to the herd.

A clean kill is more humane.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Try soap. Something that smells like people and nasty -- Irish spring or life boy. Keep a light on also. A nice obnoxious flood type light, with maybe a motion sensor on it.

Really they prefer to forage in peace, so if you routinely startle and scare them away they will give up.

We get them in our front yard all the time -- they like my flowers. Fuckers.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

25-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Two pepper plants??

Shoot em. Drinking Beverage

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
25-07-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 08:38 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
Shoot to kill, as if you are caught, you risk a fine as it is still considered a kill in the long run and a waste. And you have limits on how much you can kill.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/deerseasons.html

Time to invest in something less 'open' so that they can't get through next year, as it will most likely happen again.

Fucking deer pushing you far. No

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
25-07-2013, 08:39 PM
I think coyote urine is supposed to be one of the best deterrents.

25-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Human urine also works well BTW. I pee around the perimeter of my garden every chance I get.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post