GOD DAMN DEER!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: GOD DAMN DEER!
In Ontario you're technically not allowed to take 'lethal measures' when dealing with deer damaging your property. But if you're somewhere it's common enough to be a problem, you're somewhere no one will give two shits.

I kill the occasional pigeon, to try to keep them off my balcony, and it doesn't seem to make much difference. But, no, your problem sounds worse.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2013, 01:22 PM
(26-07-2013 12:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yeah, in my part of the country nearly every household has at least A gun. Most people own several. I own a few, but I usually am just aiming at targets. On this particular occasion, however, I have moving targets that have been stealing my food. I need to get some more ammo for my deer stoppers though. Let's see how accurate my pre-WWI rifle still is.

What are your deer-stopper choices?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.squidoo.com/how-i-saved-my-ga...rrent-ever

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
26-07-2013, 01:33 PM
(26-07-2013 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yeah, in my part of the country nearly every household has at least A gun. Most people own several. I own a few, but I usually am just aiming at targets. On this particular occasion, however, I have moving targets that have been stealing my food. I need to get some more ammo for my deer stoppers though. Let's see how accurate my pre-WWI rifle still is.

What are your deer-stopper choices?

Mosin Nagant, or K98. Either should work just fine, but I'm completely out of ammo for the Nagant.

26-07-2013, 01:40 PM
(26-07-2013 12:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Deer are cute at a distance, up close and they will fuck you up. Plus they can be very aggressive during mating season.

I have a few acres, including an apple orchard. It borders 500 acres of wetlands/forest.

[Image: 3deer4x6.jpg]

[Image: backyard1.jpg] [Image: backyard2.jpg]

Fuckers don't just eat apples, they eat apple trees.

Orchard rats is what they is.

Fucking Chas posting pictures of Bambi and his mother... Dodgy

I keeed, I keeeeeed! Big Grin Nice shots, btw!... from your camera. Confused

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
26-07-2013, 02:15 PM
(26-07-2013 12:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Deer are cute at a distance, up close and they will fuck you up. Plus they can be very aggressive during mating season.

In some villages close to my town, there is the occasional bear or wolf outside your door (not to mention the deadly snakes). They are equally aggressive, but only few have guns (hunters) and no one would kill them.

Well, I have cats walking in my balcony, peeing and shitting on everything. The smell is unbearable, but even if I had a gun and even if it was legal, I wouldn't kill them. I'm working on a way to keep them from coming by blocking their way.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-07-2013, 02:19 PM
(26-07-2013 02:15 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

In some villages close to my town, there is the occasional bear or wolf outside your door (not to mention the deadly snakes). They are equally aggressive, but only few have guns (hunters) and no one would kill them.

Well, I have cats walking in my balcony, peeing and shitting on everything. The smell is unbearable, but even if I had a gun and even if it was legal, I wouldn't kill them. I'm working on a way to keep them from coming by blocking their way.

Get a super soaker(big long range squirt gun) and fill it with vinegar water...that'll learn 'em

...The cats not the bears....Do not apply streams of vinegar to bears!

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
26-07-2013, 02:28 PM
(26-07-2013 01:40 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(26-07-2013 12:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have a few acres, including an apple orchard. It borders 500 acres of wetlands/forest.

[Image: 3deer4x6.jpg]

[Image: backyard1.jpg] [Image: backyard2.jpg]

Fuckers don't just eat apples, they eat apple trees.

Orchard rats is what they is.

Fucking Chas posting pictures of Bambi and his mother... Dodgy

I keeed, I keeeeeed! Big Grin Nice shots, btw!... from your camera. Confused

I shoot them at every opportunity. With a Nikon.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-07-2013, 02:34 PM
(26-07-2013 02:19 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Get a super soaker(big long range squirt gun) and fill it with vinegar water...that'll learn 'em

...The cats not the bears....Do not apply streams of vinegar to bears!

Hahaha, I know, that probably won't help Tongue

Well, I actually keep a small one with just water, which has helped a lot lately, as they just pass by my balcony and never stay there, but I do intend to block their way so I won't have to bother at all.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-07-2013, 04:10 PM
(25-07-2013 07:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'm at my wits end with these damn deer. They are eating the ever loving shit out of my garden. I have tried to deter them through non-lethal means, but fuck, they are taking food out of my mouth. I'm about at the point where I am going to have to go Rambo on their ass. Most notably, I have only 2 pepper plants left. Anyhow, I have sensors that blasts a high pitch noise when they get near, which worked the last couple of years, but they've slowly gotten use to it it seems. I have fired .22's in their vicinity, which used to scare them off. Most recently I have walked up to about 15 yards away from them and fired near their feet, and they just look at me like "Bring it motherfucker!"...so that's what I guess I'll have to do.

I don't like killing things, but I have and will. I especially don't like killing things that I know I won't eat. Not that I won't eat deer, I just don't want to clean the bastard. I have no idea if it is legal to kill these things given the circumstances, but I don't care anymore. This bastards are eating all my food.

Next step is shoot them with a .22. Step after that is kill them with 7.62.

Okay, done ranting.

Yeah, your pussy 7.62 peeshooter has nothing on this shit.

[Image: robot_deer_by_toramarusama-d58ecrg.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]