GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL
(10-08-2015 01:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:09 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  mgoering - Seriously, Mr.Woofs is a recently-banned (and very disturbed) former member, who used that avatar.

I love Courage, too, but that particular picture of Courage was Woofs' avatar. If you want to be taken seriously, here, you need to change it.

I have no idea who the character is but no, I don't agree.

I don't think that the people here are so small-minded or judgmental.

I have faith.

Big Grin

Me too.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-08-2015, 06:49 PM
The alleged existence of Hell undermines any claim regarding God's mercy.

Incidentally, it also makes a hash of any appeal to free will in explaining the Problem of Evil.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-08-2015, 07:08 PM
@Alla

I can't begin to explain how sick and twisted your vision of love must be if you think that jealousy and love always go together. In fact any relationship where one partner is jealousing his or her partner leads inevitably to abuse. Jealousy go together with mistrust, suspition, insecurity, fear and greed more than anything else.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
10-08-2015, 07:12 PM
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Why in the world would a universe and life creating super genie be so immature as to be jealous? Rolleyes
I already explained. When God says that He is jealous He doesn't talk about mortal man feelings. God is jealous = God loves.
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yes... Consider lets consider god's mass genocide of his human experiment by the mythical, never happened, global flood...
If God killed people and never gave them life back He would be evil.
But God ACCORDING to His word gives life back.
If you kill someone you are evil because you can not make restitution. You can not give life back to that person.
When a parent punishes a child by taking away something he is not evil because he will give it back later.
Death is not the end of the road. When God destroys my physical body He does NOT destroy my spirit or my soul. If God destroyed my body and my soul He would be evil. I would hate Him.

(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Alla:"Adam and Eve created fallen posterity."
No, god knowingly created sin.
Really? which one? give me the name of the sin that God created?
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  An all-knowing god knows past, present and future right?
Not exactly. He knows past, He knows present, He PROGNOSES future very, very well.
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So he knew the moment he created man, and then planted the tree of knowledge that they would eat of the forbidden fruit,
No, He didn't. But He believed that it will happen 99.9%.
If Adam and Eve chose not to partake God's plan would fail. Adam and Eve would live in the garden of Eden forever and ever without progression. They would never return to God to His Celestial Kingdom.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-08-2015, 07:14 PM
(10-08-2015 07:08 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Alla

I can't begin to explain how sick and twisted your vision of love must be if you think that jealousy and love always go together. In fact any relationship where one partner is jealousing his or her partner leads inevitably to abuse. Jealousy go together with mistrust, suspition, insecurity, fear and greed more than anything else.
Jealousy is natural. Extreme jealousy is not normal. Extreme jealousy means there is something wrong with you.

10-08-2015, 07:15 PM
(10-08-2015 07:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Jealousy is natural. Extreme jealousy is not normal. Extreme jealousy means there is something wrong with you.

You don't consider God to be an extremely jealous entity?
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
10-08-2015, 07:18 PM
(10-08-2015 07:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  

When someone threatens you of death for betraying, disrespecting or doubting him, this is the textbook exemple of extreme jealousy don't you think?
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
10-08-2015, 07:18 PM
(10-08-2015 07:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jealousy is natural. Extreme jealousy is not normal. Extreme jealousy means there is something wrong with you.

God is extremely jealous = God extremely loves?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-08-2015, 07:29 PM
(10-08-2015 07:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jealousy is natural. Extreme jealousy is not normal. Extreme jealousy means there is something wrong with you.

You don't consider God to be an extremely jealous entity?
God's jealousy means "God loves His children".
I am not sure that His love is extreme but I know(according to the revelations) His love is perfect.

10-08-2015, 07:30 PM
(10-08-2015 07:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  I already explained. When God says that He is jealous He doesn't talk about mortal man feelings. God is jealous = God loves.

Except that jealousy is a human emotion. Can you explain in simple terms why an all-powerful being would be jealous of anything or anybody?

(10-08-2015 07:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  Really? which one? give me the name of the sin that God created?

All of them. According to the three monotheisms, Yahweh created everything. Indeed, in Isiah 45:7, he acknowledges creating evil.

(10-08-2015 07:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  Not exactly. He knows past, He knows present, He PROGNOSES future very, very well.

So he doesn't know everything, then? Got it.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post