GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL
(10-08-2015 07:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You don't consider God to be an extremely jealous entity?
God's jealousy means "God loves His children".
I am not sure that His love is extreme but I know(according to the revelations) His love is perfect.

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Sounds pretty jealous to me.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
10-08-2015, 07:35 PM
(10-08-2015 07:18 PM)epronovost Wrote:  When someone threatens you of death for betraying, disrespecting or doubting him, this is the textbook exemple of extreme jealousy don't you think?
Are you talking about mortal men? If yes, then you are right it would be extreme jealousy.
When God Who is a Parent takes away from His children what He gave them in the first place it is a punishment of disobedient child. God also explained what it means when He punishes His children. Punishment is a TEACHING moment.
Punishment is an OPPORTUNITY to start to think about yourself/your choices, to repent and to do some good changes.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Time to ban the know-nothing, pretzel-logic spewing Mormon Alla, perhaps?

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
10-08-2015, 07:43 PM
(10-08-2015 07:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  God's jealousy means "God loves His children".
I am not sure that His love is extreme but I know(according to the revelations) His love is perfect.

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Sounds pretty jealous to me.
When a child turns away from the parent it brings sadness and pain to the parent.
God is weeping when His children choose to turn away from Him and choose to do evil.
To worship other gods = to choose evil. Those who worshiped idols did horrible things. Even to their own children.
God had to stop evil doers.
If I choose to worship idol who "demands" that I will make sex with my child or that I have to kill my child, God will stop me by taking away my life and by putting me in spirit prison. I can not do more evil and I have plenty of time to think about what I did and to repent.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-08-2015, 08:04 PM
.... given how this jealous, "loving" god supposedly acts when he gets wrathful because he cares?

I dearly hope that this doesn't conform to your own family experience. I dearly hope that no one, ANYWHERE, ever again, takes this as an acceptable model for rearing children. (Though I don't have HIGH hopes, given the history of Christian parents.) And I dearly, dearly, dearly hope that we can strive for better than this.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
10-08-2015, 08:12 PM
(10-08-2015 07:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  If God destroyed my body and my soul He would be evil. I would hate Him.

So if god sends a person to "Outer Darkness" and torments them, that's ok?

You really don't have the capacity to see just how evil this god concept of yours is, do you?

You're lame apologism and baseless assertions make your religion even more disgusting, but go right ahead and bloviate baselessly, people need to see the mental and moral depredations of the deluded.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
10-08-2015, 08:24 PM
(10-08-2015 07:08 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Alla

I can't begin to explain how sick and twisted your vision of love must be if you think that jealousy and love always go together. In fact any relationship where one partner is jealousing his or her partner leads inevitably to abuse. Jealousy go together with mistrust, suspition, insecurity, fear and greed more than anything else.

In fact in 1 Corinthians 13:4 (the wedding verses) it says love is NOT jealous! But of course is held to a different standard and should not be questioned.

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
[+] 2 users Like mgoering's post
10-08-2015, 09:19 PM
(10-08-2015 07:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  Those who worshiped idols did horrible things. Even to their own children.
God had to stop evil doers.
If I choose to worship idol who "demands" that I will make sex with my child or that I have to kill my child, God will stop me by taking away my life and by putting me in spirit prison. I can not do more evil and I have plenty of time to think about what I did and to repent.

So, if you worship an 'Idol' that asks you to kill you're child, that's bad, right? Sounds exactly like what God asked of Abraham. Heard of that story? But God was just fucking with him, right?
But this same 'God' DEMANDED the killing of men, women, children, even animals, all throughout the OT. You are seriously trying to defend this psychopathic murderer of children with 'Jealousy = Love'?!? Poor you.
[+] 1 user Likes Tanus Barbarus's post
10-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Oh, and your above quote says that after God takes away your life for doing evil, he puts you in spirit prison where you have time to repent? That's a new one. You believe this crap? You can repent AFTER death? That's awesome! No need for deciding now, no need for blood sacrifice, no need for Jesus! I can just repent later! Whew, I feel better. Time to head out to kill some babies! Maybe some rape, too!
Sigh...
10-08-2015, 10:29 PM
(10-08-2015 07:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  To worship other gods = to choose evil.

Evil? No, that's nonsense.

I'm now an atheist, but I used to be what one might call an ecumenical polytheist: I liked gods from different pantheons. In addition to feeling that I had been "called" by Allfather Oðinn, I also liked Thor, Freyja and Loki from the Norse pantheon; Athena from the Greek pantheon; Shiva, Durga and Lakshmi from the Hindu pantheon; and bodhisattva Guan Shi Yin from Mahāyāna Buddhism. With the possible exception of dear, sweet Uncle Loki I would not call any of those deities evil.

What you're proposing, Alla, is a god so utterly insecure that it insists on being your one and only friend, and if you dare to cultivate other friendships it'll throw you out of the house. That's abusive and narcissistic in the extreme, and I refuse to have anything to do with a god like that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user