GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL
To Alla. Everything you said sounds like a battered partner. Think about it. For the sake of the rest of your short life, please get help.

[Image: God-as-abusive-relationship.jpg.cf.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-08-2015, 10:45 PM
TOC - Once again, with your last post, I find the Like button cannot be clicked more than once, to my chagrin.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
10-08-2015, 11:27 PM
(10-08-2015 07:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:18 PM)epronovost Wrote:  When someone threatens you of death for betraying, disrespecting or doubting him, this is the textbook exemple of extreme jealousy don't you think?
Are you talking about mortal men? If yes, then you are right it would be extreme jealousy.
When God Who is a Parent takes away from His children what He gave them in the first place it is a punishment of disobedient child. God also explained what it means when He punishes His children. Punishment is a TEACHING moment.
Punishment is an OPPORTUNITY to start to think about yourself/your choices, to repent and to do some good changes.

Well, I'm a parent, and I wouldn't dream of "teaching" my son by throwing him into the an oven set at 550°F for all eternity to "teach" him a lesson. Once you're in the punishment of hell, what opportunity do you have to repent and make good changes?

Sounds like a lot of bushwa to me, really.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
11-08-2015, 01:02 AM
(10-08-2015 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Anger and jealousy of God are not the same things as anger and jealousy of mortal man.

Cause you say so? Your words carry no weight to convince me.

(10-08-2015 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  When loving parent punishes his child it is because he cares. Jealousy and love always go together.

Abuse and idiotic excuses for it also comes together.

(10-08-2015 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  God didn't create us fallen.

Certainly. Hard to create something when you don't exist.

(10-08-2015 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  When we are born we are not fallen. We are born as mortals but not as sinners. We become sinners by our own choice.

Sinners? Sin is so idiotic concept that I don't know how one can willingly agree with it. But then those who agree with this concept are hardly willing as being indoctrinated does not leave them much choice.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
11-08-2015, 05:23 AM
(10-08-2015 11:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Are you talking about mortal men? If yes, then you are right it would be extreme jealousy.
When God Who is a Parent takes away from His children what He gave them in the first place it is a punishment of disobedient child. God also explained what it means when He punishes His children. Punishment is a TEACHING moment.
Punishment is an OPPORTUNITY to start to think about yourself/your choices, to repent and to do some good changes.

Well, I'm a parent, and I wouldn't dream of "teaching" my son by throwing him into the an oven set at 550°F for all eternity to "teach" him a lesson. Once you're in the punishment of hell, what opportunity do you have to repent and make good changes?

Sounds like a lot of bushwa to me, really.

God is a worst educator than Pavlov who was frankly not very good. He even managed to forget half of Skinner system, the most efficient one on top of that and never even dreamed of Piaget and others like that. He did learned his sexism from Rousseau, but forgot the part where you actually teach something and orient your pupil and don’t talk to him about learning by imitation. This would lead us to copy his jealousy, intolerance and fondness for incompetence. All in all, if his «punishment» are meant to teach us, he is the crappiest, laziest and most callous teacher the world as ever dreamed of. Strangely, his powers gives him access to lower responsibilities and moral standards in Alla's eyes. I guess that's what happen when you fall in love with a monster.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
11-08-2015, 08:56 AM
An example I give of God's quickness to anger and his over-the-top punishment is as follows:

He and all his men set out from Baalah of Judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the Name, the name of the Lord Almighty, who is enthroned between the cherubim that are on the ark. They set the ark of God on a new cart and brought it from the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab, were guiding the new cart with the ark of God on it, and Ahio was walking in front of it. David and the whole house of Israel were celebrating with all their might before the Lord , with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, sistrums and cymbals.

When they came to the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. The Lord's anger burned against Uzzah because of his irreverent act; therefore God struck him down and he died there beside the ark of God.

I ask you, does this sound like a loving, merciful and forgiving being? If a human behaved like this we would think him bat-shit crazy!

Imagine a group of friends at a birthday party laughing and singing and celebrating another year of their beloved friend Dickwad. When, suddenly the birthday cake slides to the edge of the counter and is perilously close to falling on the kitchen floor. Dickwad's friend Bruce, in a gesture of deep concern for his friend Dickwad, reaches out and catches the cake just before it tips off the edge of the counter. Whoops, he meant to grab the plate but he accidentally got his fingers in the frosting. This sets Dickwad into a maniacal rage! He's out of control! He reaches into the kitchen drawer, pulls out his handgun and puts a slug right into poor Bruce's brain.

Tell me that wouldn't be headline news on CNN for the next six months.

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
[+] 2 users Like mgoering's post
11-08-2015, 09:40 AM
(10-08-2015 07:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Sounds pretty jealous to me.
When a child turns away from the parent it brings sadness and pain to the parent.
God is weeping when His children choose to turn away from Him and choose to do evil.
To worship other gods = to choose evil. Those who worshiped idols did horrible things. Even to their own children.
God had to stop evil doers.
If I choose to worship idol who "demands" that I will make sex with my child or that I have to kill my child, God will stop me by taking away my life and by putting me in spirit prison. I can not do more evil and I have plenty of time to think about what I did and to repent.

Ugh I have heard this similar reasoning from my pastor when I was a christian. So God's solution was to kill women, children, and animals because he was mad at the men? Or what about the guy who was picking up sticks on the Sabbath? Or what about having David's wives raped because David sinned? Or God killing David's baby for David's sin? Or the kids who were mauled by bears (presumably sent by God) for making fun of someone's baldness?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-08-2015, 03:49 PM
(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  When a child turns away from the parent it brings sadness and pain to the parent.
God is weeping when His children choose to turn away from Him and choose to do evil.
To worship other gods = to choose evil. Those who worshiped idols did horrible things. Even to their own children.
God had to stop evil doers.
If I choose to worship idol who "demands" that I will make sex with my child or that I have to kill my child, God will stop me by taking away my life and by putting me in spirit prison. I can not do more evil and I have plenty of time to think about what I did and to repent.

Ugh I have heard this similar reasoning from my pastor when I was a christian. So God's solution was to kill women, children, and animals because he was mad at the men?

Many(not all) men and women who worshiped idols, sacrificed their children to idols, had sexual relationships with children and animals.
It was not fair to those children to live in this kind of society. It was not fair for future generations to be born in society were they had no choice to live different way.
These men and women had to go to spirit prison, their children had to be taken to another(better) part of spirit world.
Some children were old enough. They already learned evil, they wouldn't change in this life if God let them stay here on Earth more time.
When innocent people are taken away from God it is because his time on Earth was over. Death is the only way to enter spirit prison.
Suffering(painful death) is part of this life. In this life we have to learn about pain so we can become like Gods who know not only what good is but also what evil is.
God knows what physical pain and painful death are. We have to know it if we want to become ALL-knowing like Gods, like one of Them.
Animals who had sex with humans could not look at people just like as their masters. They already looked at humans like at their sexual partners. They had to go.
(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Or what about the guy who was picking up sticks on the Sabbath?
It was is very important for God to preserve His covenant people. They have very special mission.
Their mission is to preserve true religion for future generations. No other people could do this mission at that time. Gentiles were not ready for the Gospel.
God's people were surrounded by enemies who wanted to destroy them.
God could not afford at that time that his covenant people would start to teach their children to do wrong choices. When you start keeping Sabbath day holy you start to fall away.
In those times when Gentiles were not ready yet, God had to be more strict with His people.

(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Or what about having David's wives raped because David sinned?
Or God killing David's baby for David's sin? Or the kids who were mauled by bears (presumably sent by God) for making fun of someone's baldness?
God had to be more strict. He had to preserve true religion until times of the fullness of the Gentiles.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-08-2015, 03:56 PM
(10-08-2015 08:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  If God destroyed my body and my soul He would be evil. I would hate Him.
So if god sends a person to "Outer Darkness" and torments them, that's ok?
God sends to outer darkness Lucifer(Devil) and his demons. They have no physical bodies. They know not any physical pain. They chose outer darkness.
(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You really don't have the capacity to see just how evil this god concept of yours is, do you?
It is not evil to give to Devil what he chose to have. Especially after what he did to God's children. It calls JUSTICE.
JUSTICE is NOT evil.
(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You're lame apologism and baseless assertions make your religion even more disgusting, but go right ahead and bloviate baselessly, people need to see the mental and moral depredations of the deluded.
It is your opinion and I respect your opinion. Millions of people do not agree with your opinion.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
11-08-2015, 04:03 PM
(11-08-2015 03:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Ugh I have heard this similar reasoning from my pastor when I was a christian. So God's solution was to kill women, children, and animals because he was mad at the men?

Many(not all) men and women who worshiped idols, sacrificed their children to idols, had sexual relationships with children and animals.
It was not fair to those children to live in this kind of society. It was not fair for future generations to be born in society were they had no choice to live different way.
These men and women had to go to spirit prison, their children had to be taken to another(better) part of spirit world.
Some children were old enough. They already learned evil, they wouldn't change in this life if God let them stay here on Earth more time.
When innocent people are taken away from God it is because his time on Earth was over. Death is the only way to enter spirit prison.
Suffering(painful death) is part of this life. In this life we have to learn about pain so we can become like Gods who know not only what good is but also what evil is.
God knows what physical pain and painful death are. We have to know it if we want to become ALL-knowing like Gods, like one of Them.
Animals who had sex with humans could not look at people just like as their masters. They already looked at humans like at their sexual partners. They had to go.
(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Or what about the guy who was picking up sticks on the Sabbath?
It was is very important for God to preserve His covenant people. They have very special mission.
Their mission is to preserve true religion for future generations. No other people could do this mission at that time. Gentiles were not ready for the Gospel.
God's people were surrounded by enemies who wanted to destroy them.
God could not afford at that time that his covenant people would start to teach their children to do wrong choices. When you start keeping Sabbath day holy you start to fall away.
In those times when Gentiles were not ready yet, God had to be more strict with His people.

(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Or what about having David's wives raped because David sinned?
Or God killing David's baby for David's sin? Or the kids who were mauled by bears (presumably sent by God) for making fun of someone's baldness?
God had to be more strict. He had to preserve true religion until times of the fullness of the Gentiles.

God wanted Abraham to sacrifice his son. God also sacrificed his own son--Jesus. God also wanted animals sacrificed prior to Jesus.

In terms of the Sabbath--instead of talking to the guy--God's solution--Kill him. Seems reasonable. Facepalm If you had a child and they were falling away from your teachings--your solution would be to kill them?

If God is love--shouldn't people (his children) be what he preserves instead of his set of rules? If his rules are the most important to follow or else you get a smiting--how is that love?
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post