GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL
(10-08-2015 08:24 PM)mgoering Wrote:  I can't begin to explain how sick and twisted your vision of love must be if you think that jealousy and love always go together.
When you love someone it is natural to be jealous. I am talking about humans.
But when your jealousy turns you to a tyrant you need some help. If your jealousy makes you do bad choices you need help.
If you tell me that you were in love or loved and never felt jealousy you are very unique person. I guess I have to admire you for this.
(10-08-2015 08:24 PM)mgoering Wrote:  In fact any relationship where one partner is jealousing his or her partner leads inevitably to abuse. Jealousy go together with mistrust, suspition, insecurity, fear and greed more than anything else.
Not always. There are many people who feel jealousy and do not abuse anybody.
(10-08-2015 08:24 PM)mgoering Wrote:  In fact in 1 Corinthians 13:4 (the wedding verses) it says love is NOT jealous! But of course is held to a different standard and should not be questioned.
Actually it says: love is not ENVY. When you love someone you do not envy them.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 04:22 PM
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God wanted Abraham to sacrifice his son.
No, He didn't. God wanted to see if Abraham was willing to do the biggest sacrifice. As soon as He saw that Abraham was very faithful and obedient He stopped him.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God also sacrificed his own son--Jesus.
Yes, but He didn't say that Jesus had to be killed to save us.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God also wanted animals sacrificed prior to Jesus.
No, not to Jesus. Sacrifice of animals is a reminder to us that Jesus will atone for our sins. Sacrifice is just a symbol. Symbols teach us things. They remind us about things.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  In terms of the Sabbath--instead of talking to the guy--God's solution--Kill him. Seems reasonable. Facepalm If you had a child and they were falling away from your teachings--your solution would be to kill them?
If one child starts to teach his/her younger siblings to have sex with each other, you have to remove this child from home.
God could not afford His people who had important mission to fall away from this religion. Not then.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If God is love--shouldn't people (his children) be what he preserves instead of his set of rules? If his rules are the most important to follow or else you get a smiting--how is that love?
Rules are not more important than people. Do you remember what Jesus said about laws of God? He said that man is not for the law but the law is for man.
What does it mean? It means that if I can not work on Sunday but I see a hungry man I have to feed hungry man. Because to serve hungry man is more important than to do nothing, then let him suffer. Opposite to feed hungry man on Sunday is to keep Sabbath. Sabbath is for serving God. To serve men is to serve God.
But if a man does not have laws of God he can NOT become like God. He can not have eternal progression.

11-08-2015, 04:26 PM
(11-08-2015 03:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Or what about having David's wives raped because David sinned?
Or God killing David's baby for David's sin? Or the kids who were mauled by bears (presumably sent by God) for making fun of someone's baldness?
God had to be more strict. He had to preserve true religion until times of the fullness of the Gentiles.

By answering even the slightest transgressions with the most severe and tortuous means possible, of course. I mean, hey. It works in Judge Dredd, doesn' it? It's not like he could have just been a paragon of forgiveness and kindness, as his followers later made him out to be, and not murdered or raped everyone who happened to laugh at someone's receding hairline.

This is not the behavior of a loving entity. This is not the behavior of a strict entity. This is the behavior of a fictional character who was originally characterized as angry, psychotic, and vengeful, because that's what sold best back then (all the cool pantheons were doing it, on account of conquest being very much in vogue), and then later hijacked and hastily rewritten by another author to try and appeal to a different audience.

And this is entirely without going into the fact that the god in question could, ostensibly, have skipped all of this foofarah on account of being omnipotent and omniscient, making all of this suffering rather pointless anyway.

If you want to preserve the principles of a religion based on forgiveness and kindness, you do not do it by ordering innocent women raped and children torn apart by bears. That is not preservation. That is perversion.

Oh. And I'm back.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 6 users Like Unbeliever's post
11-08-2015, 04:29 PM
(11-08-2015 03:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  Many(not all) men and women who worshiped idols, sacrificed their children to idols, had sexual relationships with children and animals.
It was not fair to those children to live in this kind of society. It was not fair for future generations to be born in society were they had no choice to live different way.
These men and women had to go to spirit prison, their children had to be taken to another(better) part of spirit world.
Some children were old enough. They already learned evil, they wouldn't change in this life if God let them stay here on Earth more time.
When innocent people are taken away from God it is because his time on Earth was over. Death is the only way to enter spirit prison.
Suffering(painful death) is part of this life. In this life we have to learn about pain so we can become like Gods who know not only what good is but also what evil is.
God knows what physical pain and painful death are. We have to know it if we want to become ALL-knowing like Gods, like one of Them.
Animals who had sex with humans could not look at people just like as their masters. They already looked at humans like at their sexual partners. They had to go.

Holy shit, dude.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 04:38 PM
(11-08-2015 04:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God wanted Abraham to sacrifice his son.
No, He didn't. God wanted to see if Abraham was willing to do the biggest sacrifice. As soon as He saw that Abraham was very faithful and obedient He stopped him.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God also sacrificed his own son--Jesus.
Yes, but He didn't say that Jesus had to be killed to save us.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God also wanted animals sacrificed prior to Jesus.
No, not to Jesus. Sacrifice of animals is a reminder to us that Jesus will atone for our sins. Sacrifice is just a symbol. Symbols teach us things. They remind us about things.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  In terms of the Sabbath--instead of talking to the guy--God's solution--Kill him. Seems reasonable. Facepalm If you had a child and they were falling away from your teachings--your solution would be to kill them?
If one child starts to teach his/her younger siblings to have sex with each other, you have to remove this child from home.
God could not afford His people who had important mission to fall away from this religion. Not then.
(11-08-2015 04:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If God is love--shouldn't people (his children) be what he preserves instead of his set of rules? If his rules are the most important to follow or else you get a smiting--how is that love?
Rules are not more important than people. Do you remember what Jesus said about laws of God? He said that man is not for the law but the law is for man.
What does it mean? It means that if I can not work on Sunday but I see a hungry man I have to feed hungry man. Because to serve hungry man is more important than to do nothing, then let him suffer. Opposite to feed hungry man on Sunday is to keep Sabbath. Sabbath is for serving God. To serve men is to serve God.
But if a man does not have laws of God he can NOT become like God. He can not have eternal progression.

Do you not see how crazy that sounds? God was against human sacrifice so he went on a smiting spree and smited other nations--but then asked Abraham to sacrifice his son to show God he was willing to do the biggest sacrifice (which God is against and smited people for?) Facepalm

Jesus did have to be killed to save us.

Animals were really sacrificed--they were not sacrificed symbolically.

God is all powerful and can do anything He wants--but didn't want to try and figure out other ways besides smiting to get his point across?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
11-08-2015, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 06:15 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(10-08-2015 07:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Why in the world would a universe and life creating super genie be so immature as to be jealous? Rolleyes
I already explained. When God says that He is jealous He doesn't talk about mortal man feelings. God is jealous = God loves.
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Yes... Consider lets consider god's mass genocide of his human experiment by the mythical, never happened, global flood...
If God killed people and never gave them life back He would be evil.
But God ACCORDING to His word gives life back.
If you kill someone you are evil because you can not make restitution. You can not give life back to that person.
When a parent punishes a child by taking away something he is not evil because he will give it back later.
Death is not the end of the road. When God destroys my physical body He does NOT destroy my spirit or my soul. If God destroyed my body and my soul He would be evil. I would hate Him.

(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Alla:"Adam and Eve created fallen posterity."
No, god knowingly created sin.
Really? which one? give me the name of the sin that God created?
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  An all-knowing god knows past, present and future right?
Not exactly. He knows past, He knows present, He PROGNOSES future very, very well.
(10-08-2015 06:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  So he knew the moment he created man, and then planted the tree of knowledge that they would eat of the forbidden fruit,
No, He didn't. But He believed that it will happen 99.9%.
If Adam and Eve chose not to partake God's plan would fail. Adam and Eve would live in the garden of Eden forever and ever without progression. They would never return to God to His Celestial Kingdom.

Consider

You seem to have indepth personal knowledge of this mythical god's thought process Laughat

Original sin Alla. What sin was you talking about? You are familiar with the christian incarnation and atonement theory right? if not, let me know since your continuing education is apparently needed, and an endless issue.

"No, He didn't. But He believed that it will happen 99.9%."

Really? Citation please. Explain to me how you arrive at the 99.9%. Remember, as per the fairy tale, god is omnipotent and omniscient. Rolleyes

Celestial kingdom huh? And you know of its existence because.....

Just in case you missed it, and I am constantly having to teach you your own religion, refer to the chart below...

[Image: 2ykksgw.png]

Seems legit, no really... Rolleyes

(11-08-2015 04:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Do you remember what Jesus said about laws of God? He said that man is not for the law but the law is for man.

Truly? Consider You do realize not one word ever written by jesus was by someone who actually knew him, and jesus never wrote a single word down on record....so how do you know what jesus allegedly said? Shake your head No You don't.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
11-08-2015, 08:33 PM
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you not see how crazy that sounds?
No, I don't.
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God was against human sacrifice so he went on a smiting spree and smited other nations--
Did He say that it had something to do with sacrifice?
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Jesus did have to be killed to save us.
Hmm.. what if nobody wanted to kill Him? what if His killers Him?
Would God say: kill Him?
Jesus did not saved us from sins on the cross. He died on the cross, His suffering was over on the cross. But everything started in Gethsemane. This is the place where Jesus took all our sins upon Himself. He suffered there for us. And that was the sacrifice - suffering for us by taking our PAINS and SINS.
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Animals were really sacrificed--they were not sacrificed symbolically.
This is not what I said. They were killed literally but God doesn't need dead animals.
We need those rituals. Those rituals are SYMBOLS. They teach something. They remind us something. They remind us about Jesus and His sacrifice(go through pains) to save us from sins and death.
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God is all powerful and can do anything He wants--but didn't want to try and figure out other ways besides smiting to get his point across?
What to figure out? how to punish(to teach) His children differently? or how to save us from sins and death differently?

11-08-2015, 08:43 PM
(10-08-2015 07:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 07:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Sounds pretty jealous to me.
When a child turns away from the parent it brings sadness and pain to the parent.
God is weeping when His children choose to turn away from Him and choose to do evil.
To worship other gods = to choose evil. Those who worshiped idols did horrible things. Even to their own children.
God had to stop evil doers.
If I choose to worship idol who "demands" that I will make sex with my child or that I have to kill my child, God will stop me by taking away my life and by putting me in spirit prison. I can not do more evil and I have plenty of time to think about what I did and to repent.

As an apologist, you suck. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-08-2015, 08:46 PM
"God" is fictional......

But, if we were to - for the sake of argument - pretend for a moment he/she wasn't ----

We'd deduce that he/she is a monumental asshat, who's not deserving of the title of "supreme being"....

Sexually transmitted diseases??? THAT's the best that fuck can come up with???????

How about RTD's?????

Religiously Transmitted Diseases.

At least then, somebody who deserves it would get it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-08-2015, 08:57 PM
(11-08-2015 08:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you not see how crazy that sounds?
No, I don't.
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God was against human sacrifice so he went on a smiting spree and smited other nations--
Did He say that it had something to do with sacrifice?
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Jesus did have to be killed to save us.
Hmm.. what if nobody wanted to kill Him? what if His killers Him?
Would God say: kill Him?
Jesus did not saved us from sins on the cross. He died on the cross, His suffering was over on the cross. But everything started in Gethsemane. This is the place where Jesus took all our sins upon Himself. He suffered there for us. And that was the sacrifice - suffering for us by taking our PAINS and SINS.
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Animals were really sacrificed--they were not sacrificed symbolically.
This is not what I said. They were killed literally but God doesn't need dead animals.
We need those rituals. Those rituals are SYMBOLS. They teach something. They remind us something. They remind us about Jesus and His sacrifice(go through pains) to save us from sins and death.
(11-08-2015 04:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God is all powerful and can do anything He wants--but didn't want to try and figure out other ways besides smiting to get his point across?
What to figure out? how to punish(to teach) His children differently? or how to save us from sins and death differently?

Deuteronomy 20: "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God."

Detestable included idolatry, sexual immorality, and child sacrifice.

Jesus had to die for our sins--God wanted him killed: "He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification." Romans 4:25

So God doesn't need dead animals but makes them suffer anyway to appease his ego? How would killing an animal make up for something you or I did. I know what it says in the Bible--I am saying take a step out from that and think logically.

God (who is all-powerful and can do whatever he wants) could not figure out a better way of punishment than smiting and rape? If God is true, why worship someone like that?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post