GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: GOD IS LOVING AND MERCIFUL
(12-08-2015 04:41 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Far more likely: Some humans in Israel said that a god had made a covenant with them, even though there was never a god there to begin with. Without an actual god, there can be no covenant and all the deals and promises are just empty air.

(12-08-2015 05:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree. But there is Spirit also. Spirit teaches/testifies that God made covenant with ancient Israel.
He can teach you too.

I do not believe in Spirit, Alla, nor do I believe in your god. I believe that the universe is 100% natural and 0% supernatural.

From My perspective, "Spirit" is just a character that your physical brain invented in an attempt to try to make your beliefs make sense.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
12-08-2015, 10:28 PM
(11-08-2015 08:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 08:33 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I don't.
Did He say that it had something to do with sacrifice?
Hmm.. what if nobody wanted to kill Him? what if His killers Him?
Would God say: kill Him?
Jesus did not saved us from sins on the cross. He died on the cross, His suffering was over on the cross. But everything started in Gethsemane. This is the place where Jesus took all our sins upon Himself. He suffered there for us. And that was the sacrifice - suffering for us by taking our PAINS and SINS.
This is not what I said. They were killed literally but God doesn't need dead animals.
We need those rituals. Those rituals are SYMBOLS. They teach something. They remind us something. They remind us about Jesus and His sacrifice(go through pains) to save us from sins and death.
What to figure out? how to punish(to teach) His children differently? or how to save us from sins and death differently?

Deuteronomy 20: "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God."

Detestable included idolatry, sexual immorality, and child sacrifice.

Jesus had to die for our sins--God wanted him killed: "He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification." Romans 4:25

So God doesn't need dead animals but makes them suffer anyway to appease his ego? How would killing an animal make up for something you or I did. I know what it says in the Bible--I am saying take a step out from that and think logically.

God (who is all-powerful and can do whatever he wants) could not figure out a better way of punishment than smiting and rape? If God is true, why worship someone like that?

Well, whenever my son didn't do his chores right, I did indeed make him go out and catch a rabbit, and then burn it as a form of apology. I mean, that makes everything alright, right?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Alla, I'm left speechless by your arrogance, hypocrisy, and stupidity. I don't expect legitimate replies because they don't exist in your position. Even if you are unaware of your lies, they are still unforgivable. That you've actively sought out those who you know don't share your beliefs makes you a deplorable piece of rat shit.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
13-08-2015, 06:36 AM
If yer born in the fucking desert, and you're the spawn of generations born to the fucking desert, every puddle is an oasis. Some things can't be understood in a modern technological context.

Unlike other atheists I don't hate god. What I hate is the dusty old fuck outdated conception of god.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2015, 07:09 AM
(12-08-2015 10:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 08:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Deuteronomy 20: "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God."

Detestable included idolatry, sexual immorality, and child sacrifice.

Jesus had to die for our sins--God wanted him killed: "He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification." Romans 4:25

So God doesn't need dead animals but makes them suffer anyway to appease his ego? How would killing an animal make up for something you or I did. I know what it says in the Bible--I am saying take a step out from that and think logically.

God (who is all-powerful and can do whatever he wants) could not figure out a better way of punishment than smiting and rape? If God is true, why worship someone like that?

Well, whenever my son didn't do his chores right, I did indeed make him go out and catch a rabbit, and then burn it as a form of apology. I mean, that makes everything alright, right?

And since rabbits breed like, um, rabbits, there's no reason for your son ever to learn to do his chores right, if he can just sacrifice a rabbit instead.
13-08-2015, 07:14 AM
(13-08-2015 07:09 AM)julep Wrote:  And since rabbits breed like, um, rabbits, there's no reason for your son ever to learn to do his chores right, if he can just sacrifice a rabbit instead.

Yeah, but eventually Thump's going to have to have another son so that he can REALLY forgive his current son...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-08-2015, 07:19 AM
(13-08-2015 07:14 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 07:09 AM)julep Wrote:  And since rabbits breed like, um, rabbits, there's no reason for your son ever to learn to do his chores right, if he can just sacrifice a rabbit instead.

Yeah, but eventually Thump's going to have to have another son so that he can REALLY forgive his current son...

Why not just sacrifice the current son to forgive the new son? Especially if the new son is so much better? I mean if you're going to be getting rid of ONE of them...
13-08-2015, 03:26 PM
(12-08-2015 10:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I do not believe in Spirit, Alla, nor do I believe in your god.
I am OK with that.
(12-08-2015 10:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I believe that the universe is 100% natural and 0% supernatural.
Great, that is what I believe, too.
(12-08-2015 10:19 PM)Astreja Wrote:  From My perspective, "Spirit" is just a character that your physical brain invented in an attempt to try to make your beliefs make sense.
I respect your understanding of Spirit.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-08-2015, 04:02 PM
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Maybe the confusion for me starts off with your definition of a god?
If I was walking down the street. And turned my head and saw what you would call a god. What would I see? What would distinguish this being from anything else? It must have some for of vocal cords to speak right?
I would see a Man. He could be taller than you. His voice could be more loud then yours. You could see light around Him.
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  How would you know that this being is telling the truth?
By the power or influence of the Holy Ghost I may know mysteries of God.
But it doesn't mean that I have any proof. I only trust that the Holy Ghost is teaching me the truth.
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  What if it was an evil being lying to you? How would you be able to distinguish this from a good being?
If it was evil spirit or if it was my own ideas I wouldn't be so sure. I would have some doubts. When the Holy Ghost testifies I have no doubts, not even one drop of doubts. How did Obama say about IRS? Not a smidgen of corruption? Not a smidgen of doubts.
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Maybe once you give me the definition for your god we'll be able to clear this up.
God is glorified resurrected perfect immortal Man.
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  In this quote you state that you know better then the holy book('s) that you where telling us that we needed to read. to get closer to god. But without the communication with the ghost. We wouldn't be able to distinguish the good parts from the bad.
Without the Holy Ghost nobody can distinguish errors.
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 05:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  Translations of the Bible are inconsistent. That is why I do not built my faith upon the Bible only.
In this quote you again say your faith is better then, other people's.
Not at all. I am saying that if you do not have your personal revelation from God by the power of the Holy Ghost you
1) have no reason to trust/believe anybody about God
2)can't know what it the truth about God and what is false/error
Without personal revelation from God by power of the Holy Ghost you can not know if I am telling you the truth and you have no reason to believe me.
Personal revelations from God should be foundation of YOUR faith.
It doesn't matter what others claim God revealed to them. But if you want to know whether their claims are true you have to have answer from God(personal revelation).
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  You use you "faith" which you hold higher then other's as your grounds for evidence.
Yes, I hold it higher.
1)my faith is my business. Nobody should care about my faith
2)I can not rely on somebody's faith. If I have no my faith I have no ground.
3)If I want to know whether somebody's claim about God is true I have to have personal revelation.
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have knowledge about it because there are revelations from God about Celestial Kingdom and Spirit confirmes to me that it is true. I believe Spirit. I have no reason not trust Him.
Here you abolish an entire religion. Who's founder (mind you) made the same clams. Speaking to God, and Jesus directly.
Not at all. God revealed many things to Joseph Smith. I am learning those things. God Holy Ghost confirms that those things are true. That is why I accept Joseph Smith as true Prophet of God.
God also gives me personal revelations concerning myself. He helps me with making important decisions in my life. I don't need prophets or bishops for this.
(12-08-2015 07:19 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Should I find more?
Sure, if you want to.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-08-2015, 06:15 PM
(10-08-2015 10:23 AM)mgoering Wrote:  I noticed that those who read the OT with any sort of critical eye, make the observation, and rightly so, that God is a beast: slaughtering humans throughout for smallest infractions (collecting firewood on the Sabbath, trying to steady the GD Arc of the Covenant that is on the verge of tipping over, poking fun at a bald man -- all sentenced to death in the most inhumane way). But what I've also noticed is that nearly all these killings are a result of God's jealousy and anger as illustrated in the following verse:

for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. -- Deut. 6-15

Strange thing is, the envy and wrath displayed in the above verse are two of the SEVEN DEADLY SINS that us mere mortals are suppposed to guard ourselves against. So, not only has God created us to be "fallen" where we have no choice but to be sinful, but he also sets a really bad example of how a good and LOVING and MERCIFUL person should be.

I'm sorry. I get so irritated when I hear people say that God is LOVING and MERCIFUL! that I want to just choke them. How do people reconcile the evidence of such a vile being in the OT with what they believe is a being that is LOVING and MERCIFUL?

I guess I'm making two points here and challenge anyone to refute them:

1. God is anything but loving and merciful.

2. God is a sinner, and a DEADLY sinner at that!
Didn't realize anger and jealousy were of the seven deadly sins. Where could I find that in the Old Testament? Thanks.