"GOD" its just a question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 03:27 PM
"GOD" its just a question!
If a christian prays to god to get rid of their cancer, and the cancer is then gone.. Christians say that god answers prayers! But if it doesnt go away for say 2 years and then its gone christians say that god finally answered the prayer. In that time of 2 years of having the cancer and all the pain and all the heart ache and stress, what possibly can be the reason that god waited while u suffered? The answer of "its all in gods plan" or "god works in mysterious ways" will not cut it in this scenario.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: "GOD" its just a question!
Shouldn't they ask why god gave them cancer in the first place?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
15-01-2014, 03:32 PM
(15-01-2014 03:30 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Shouldn't they ask why god gave them cancer in the first place?
As a test of faith, obviously. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-01-2014, 03:36 PM
(15-01-2014 03:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 03:30 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Shouldn't they ask why god gave them cancer in the first place?
As a test of faith, obviously. Drinking Beverage
Yeah , I forgot about the test thingy .

But, since he is omniscient, he should know if you wold pass the test without actually testing you. He must be a sadistic bastard.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
15-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Heaven has Service Management software that has a queuing system.

"Thank you for your prayer.

All our operators are busy right now.

Your Request has been placed in queue.

Consider *time passes*

"Thank you for holding.

All our operators are busy right now.

Your prayer is important to us and an angel we will attend to you shortly"

Sadcryface2

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
15-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Well if atheists get cancer they give their tumor a name and talk with it.....

or am I alone with that aproach?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
15-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't understand why can't they accept that the cancer is part of god's plan in the first place.
Why are they asking god to change his plan ?

Oh .....because it affects them !!!!

I get it now. It doesn't matter that millions are starving. That's part of god's plan, but me getting cancer ? Oh no, that's not right.
I need to let god know that this part of the plan needs to change.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
15-01-2014, 11:45 PM
It's because "God" is a dick, and "he" created cancer because he thinks it's funny. It amuses "him", that's it's purpose, because "God" is an asshole.

16-01-2014, 02:12 AM
(15-01-2014 11:45 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  It's because "God" is a dick, and "he" created cancer because he thinks it's funny. It amuses "him", that's it's purpose, because "God" is an asshole.

You will go to hell for that, ..oh wait, you just have to ask Jesus for forgiveness, so no one really goes to hell.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
16-01-2014, 03:43 AM
(15-01-2014 03:27 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  If a christian prays to god to get rid of their cancer, and the cancer is then gone.. Christians say that god answers prayers! But if it doesnt go away for say 2 years and then its gone christians say that god finally answered the prayer. In that time of 2 years of having the cancer and all the pain and all the heart ache and stress, what possibly can be the reason that god waited while u suffered? The answer of "its all in gods plan" or "god works in mysterious ways" will not cut it in this scenario.

What does '"GOD" its just a question!' mean?

You didn't invent the Problem of Evil Argument and I'm quite sure most people on this forum are familiar with that argument. All you have done is incompetently present a literally ancient argument and have spawned a new thread just for that task. Well done.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post