GOP Bill Makes Rape A Pre-existing Condition--And Other Lies By The Left

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
09-05-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: GOP Bill Makes Rape A Pre-existing Condition--And Other Lies By The Left
(09-05-2017 07:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am so fucking sick of the GOP lies. The OP can go fuck themselves.

I am sorry someone sold you the bullshit slur that the left are commies and want a Stalin state. We are not anti private sector for saying there are 3 classes and big business is NOT entitled to write the laws for everyone all by themselves.

The religious right DOES want to control women's bodies and has pushed for that control since Reagan. The economic top 1% could give one shit less about workers of either party,

To the OP....... READ AND KEEP READING

1. The rich do not own a monopoly on our laws. Political and economic pluralism means everyone votes and nobody is entitled to a monopoly.
2. If it is not your body, mind your own business.
3. Liberals are not anti private sector for saying things are lopsided currently.
4. We DONT want a one party oppressive state.
5. Not getting everything you want all the time is not oppressing you.
6. "If you cant afford it, die quickly" is sick and selfish and if that is your attitude. FUCK YOU.

The economic and religious right DO NOT own a monopoly on OUR government. We are NOT commies because we disagree and vote. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

rant. rave. blah blah....thought I would just summarize your points.

Your post makes my point for me. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2017, 07:47 AM
(09-05-2017 07:22 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 07:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am so fucking sick of the GOP lies. The OP can go fuck themselves.

I am sorry someone sold you the bullshit slur that the left are commies and want a Stalin state. We are not anti private sector for saying there are 3 classes and big business is NOT entitled to write the laws for everyone all by themselves.

The religious right DOES want to control women's bodies and has pushed for that control since Reagan. The economic top 1% could give one shit less about workers of either party,

To the OP....... READ AND KEEP READING

1. The rich do not own a monopoly on our laws. Political and economic pluralism means everyone votes and nobody is entitled to a monopoly.
2. If it is not your body, mind your own business.
3. Liberals are not anti private sector for saying things are lopsided currently.
4. We DONT want a one party oppressive state.
5. Not getting everything you want all the time is not oppressing you.
6. "If you cant afford it, die quickly" is sick and selfish and if that is your attitude. FUCK YOU.

The economic and religious right DO NOT own a monopoly on OUR government. We are NOT commies because we disagree and vote. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

rant. rave. blah blah....thought I would just summarize your points.

Cry me a river brat. "The Left has gone crazy".

Sounds to me you love bitching, but cant handle it when someone responds.

BOO HOO.

I am part of that left your falsely slurring so no, I don't owe your slurs and lies any blind value.

And don'ts fucking sit here and agree with us about your RIGHTFUL concern about separation of Church and State and ignore the patriarchal history of religion trying to control women.

I am not here to coddle your insecurities.

Now, go research the balance of power between the parties since 1980 and their average control over all three branches since 1980, I am not going to do your homework for you.

But what I am not going to put up with are your bullshit slurs.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2017, 08:07 AM
(09-05-2017 07:47 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 07:22 AM)BryanS Wrote:  rant. rave. blah blah....thought I would just summarize your points.

Cry me a river brat. "The Left has gone crazy".

BOO HOO.

You call that a response? I call it a rant. If you had points you made buried inside your rant, I ignored them due to several mentions of "fuck you".

Quote:I am part of that left your falsely slurring so no, I don't owe your slurs and lies any blind value.

Ohh, that is rich. After replies like yours, you accuse me of making "slurs" and lies. You haven't actually addressed the content of my accusation that the assertion by that the GOP bill goes out of its way to make rape a pre-existing condition is a big lie. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Quote:And don'ts fucking sit here and agree with us about your RIGHTFUL concern about separation of Church and State and ignore the patriarchal history of religion trying to control women.

Now, go research the balance of power between the parties since 1980 and their average control over all three branches since 1980, I am not going to do your homework for you.

A bit off topic, no? Of course it is, and it is irrelevant to the points I made. You are incapable of holding a reasoned discussion when you are confronted with defending an indefensible claim (notably the rape preexisting condition claim). You resort to ad hominem, red herring, tu quoque and just about every logical fallacy in the book. I would expect better from atheists who appeal to reason to make their points in rhetorical combat against religion. Again, your posts continue to make my point that "the left" is unhinged on this topic. (as always, categories do not do justice to those lefties who are not so easily blinded by their preconceptions as you are).
09-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Not from the new legislation but a typical practice of insurance companies without legislation to prevent them from doing so.

“I think it’s important to point out that health plans are not denying coverage based on the fact that someone was raped,” said Pisano of the insurance trade group. “But PTSD could be a factor in denied coverage.”

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-05-2017, 08:19 AM
(09-05-2017 08:07 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 07:47 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Cry me a river brat. "The Left has gone crazy".

BOO HOO.

You call that a response? I call it a rant. If you had points you made buried inside your rant, I ignored them due to several mentions of "fuck you".

Quote:I am part of that left your falsely slurring so no, I don't owe your slurs and lies any blind value.

Ohh, that is rich. After replies like yours, you accuse me of making "slurs" and lies. You haven't actually addressed the content of my accusation that the assertion by that the GOP bill goes out of its way to make rape a pre-existing condition is a big lie. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Quote:And don'ts fucking sit here and agree with us about your RIGHTFUL concern about separation of Church and State and ignore the patriarchal history of religion trying to control women.

A bit off topic, no? Of course it is, and it is irrelevant to the points I made. You are incapable of holding a reasoned discussion when you are confronted with defending an indefensible claim (notably the rape preexisting condition claim). You resort to ad hominem, red herring, tu quoque and just about every logical fallacy in the book. I would expect better from atheists who appeal to reason to make their points in rhetorical combat against religion. Again, your posts continue to make my point that "the left" is unhinged on this topic. (as always, categories do not do justice to those lefties who are not so easily blinded by their preconceptions as you are).

No it is not off topic. Our conditions are a result of long term power. If you are not willing to consider those long term averages of power, you are completely missing the point.

Keep using "leftie" as if I am a separate species do not expect me to be polite to you.

I am sorry someone sold you the bullshit slur that we are all cold war anti religion commies, anti private sector, but that is your baggage, not mine.

This "lefty" is not ashamed of valuing women's rights to control their own bodies. This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying taxes are not robbery. This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying pay is not keeping up with the cost of living". This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying that profit driven health care is one industry that is exploiting human suffering, and at this point in history, has way too much power.

Now do you value political pluralism, or do you like being a brat and falsely playing victim when other people don't agree with you? I am sorry if the voting habits of liberals bother you, but I don't have horns, nor do I value Stalin or even the Catro Family.

I am not anti private sector for being anti monopoly or valuing worker's rights. Again, I am sorry someone sold you that bullshit slur, but again, that is your baggage, not mine.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
09-05-2017, 08:37 AM
(09-05-2017 08:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  No it is not off topic. Our conditions are a result of long term power. If you are not willing to consider those long term averages of power, you are completely missing the point.

Yes, it is. The circumstances of how the legislation got to be has nothing to do with whether it is accurate to say that specifically calls for rape to made a pre-existing condition.

Quote:Keep using "leftie" as if I am a separate species do not expect me to be polite to you.

You're awfully sensitive for someone who so quickly resorts to slurs and name calling. I've never heard someone claim that the word "leftie" has some charged other meaning or connotation other than describing, well, a lefty in the same way someone might call me a righty or right wing. But say what you want to be called at least or stop complaining about it.

Quote:I am sorry someone sold you the bullshit slur that we are all cold war anti religion commies, anti private sector, but that is your baggage, not mine.

Where is this straw man coming from?

Quote:This "lefty" is not ashamed of valuing women's rights to control their own bodies. This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying taxes are not robbery. This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying pay is not keeping up with the cost of living". This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying that profit driven health care is one industry that is exploiting human suffering, and at this point in history, has way too much power.
That's all very nice, but irrelevant to the question of whether the legislation specifically calls for rape to be a pre-existing condition. You should however be ashamed of being able to formulate logical well reasoned arguments.

Quote:Now do you value political pluralism, or do you like being a brat and falsely playing victim when other people don't agree with you? I am sorry if the voting habits of liberals bother you, but I don't have horns, nor do I value Stalin or even the Catro Family.
I do value political pluralism. I gave some examples of how the left could actually try to attack the legislation by the GOP. It would be more effective than making outright false claims about what is in the legislation--your arguments are there if only they would be made. But alas, it is more likely we get the sort of response you gave than a reasoned response to the GOP legislation.

Quote:I am not anti private sector for being anti monopoly or valuing worker's rights. Again, I am sorry someone sold you that bullshit slur, but again, that is your baggage, not mine.

More strawman. I did not say those things, so those are not "my slur" or "my baggage". It clearly is your baggage, and that baggage is blinding your ability to respond in any coherent way.
09-05-2017, 08:45 AM
(09-05-2017 08:37 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 08:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  No it is not off topic. Our conditions are a result of long term power. If you are not willing to consider those long term averages of power, you are completely missing the point.

Yes, it is. The circumstances of how the legislation got to be has nothing to do with whether it is accurate to say that specifically calls for rape to made a pre-existing condition.

Quote:Keep using "leftie" as if I am a separate species do not expect me to be polite to you.

You're awfully sensitive for someone who so quickly resorts to slurs and name calling. I've never heard someone claim that the word "leftie" has some charged other meaning or connotation other than describing, well, a lefty in the same way someone might call me a righty or right wing. But say what you want to be called at least or stop complaining about it.

Quote:I am sorry someone sold you the bullshit slur that we are all cold war anti religion commies, anti private sector, but that is your baggage, not mine.

Where is this straw man coming from?

Quote:This "lefty" is not ashamed of valuing women's rights to control their own bodies. This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying taxes are not robbery. This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying pay is not keeping up with the cost of living". This "lefty" is not ashamed of saying that profit driven health care is one industry that is exploiting human suffering, and at this point in history, has way too much power.
That's all very nice, but irrelevant to the question of whether the legislation specifically calls for rape to be a pre-existing condition. You should however be ashamed of being able to formulate logical well reasoned arguments.

Quote:Now do you value political pluralism, or do you like being a brat and falsely playing victim when other people don't agree with you? I am sorry if the voting habits of liberals bother you, but I don't have horns, nor do I value Stalin or even the Catro Family.
I do value political pluralism. I gave some examples of how the left could actually try to attack the legislation by the GOP. It would be more effective than making outright false claims about what is in the legislation--your arguments are there if only they would be made. But alas, it is more likely we get the sort of response you gave than a reasoned response to the GOP legislation.

Quote:I am not anti private sector for being anti monopoly or valuing worker's rights. Again, I am sorry someone sold you that bullshit slur, but again, that is your baggage, not mine.

More strawman. I did not say those things, so those are not "my slur" or "my baggage". It clearly is your baggage, and that baggage is blinding your ability to respond in any coherent way.

Typical tactic, accuse the other side of what you do yourself.

"Leftie" is your word, you chose to use that. That word is not an economic argument, it is a bullshit slur you use. And others here besides me have posted links as to why you are wrong.

Now again, I am not going to do your homework for you. GO research the balance of power of the Supreme Court, House and Senate and Presidency since 1980. If you are not willing to do that, then you are simply acting like a typical theist defending religion.

No strawman on my part. "Leftie" was a slur you got indoctrinated with and has absolutely nothing to do with data.

09-05-2017, 08:54 AM
(09-05-2017 08:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not from the new legislation but a typical practice of insurance companies without legislation to prevent them from doing so.

“I think it’s important to point out that health plans are not denying coverage based on the fact that someone was raped,” said Pisano of the insurance trade group. “But PTSD could be a factor in denied coverage.”

Agreed. The issue of pre-existing conditions is only partially addressed at best by the GOP bill. But an honest question--why do some crime victims deserve special protection while other crimes do not? If someone is assaulted in the course of being mugged and does not have insurance, they will have to bear the full cost of those injuries. Should they not have the same protections you envision for someone whose assault happened to involve sexual contact? I would think making an argument about all pre-existing conditions would be more effective than limiting the list of issues to one voter group.
09-05-2017, 08:59 AM
(09-05-2017 08:54 AM)BryanS Wrote:  why do some crime victims deserve special protection while other crimes do not?

... Did you seriously just write this sentence? Without a trace of irony? Jesus dude.

How wonderful that at least the GOP coverage will be *fair* and all victims will be treated like shit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
09-05-2017, 09:00 AM
(09-05-2017 08:45 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Typical tactic, accuse the other side of what you do yourself.

"Leftie" is your word, you chose to use that. That word is not an economic argument, it is a bullshit slur you use. And others here besides me have posted links as to why you are wrong.

Now again, I am not going to do your homework for you. GO research the balance of power of the Supreme Court, House and Senate and Presidency since 1980. If you are not willing to do that, then you are simply acting like a typical theist defending religion.

No strawman on my part. "Leftie" was a slur you got indoctrinated with and has absolutely nothing to do with data.

Typical tactic, indeed. You just don't like being called on it.

Such awful language I have used here to describe "lefties". lol. It is so offensive that you couldn't muster a response to say what you want to be called.

And the year 1980 has no bearing on whether the GOP bill specifically calls for making rape a pre-existing condition. I see no need to go on irrelevant wild goose chases to appease your sense of being politically wronged for decades.