GOP Bill Makes Rape A Pre-existing Condition--And Other Lies By The Left

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
09-05-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: GOP Bill Makes Rape A Pre-existing Condition--And Other Lies By The Left
(09-05-2017 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 08:54 AM)BryanS Wrote:  why do some crime victims deserve special protection while other crimes do not?

... Did you seriously just write this sentence? Without a trace of irony? Jesus dude.

How wonderful that at least the GOP coverage will be *fair* and all victims will be treated like shit.

Yes I did, but you dishonestly quote mined the sentence to change its meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Popcorn

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-05-2017, 09:18 AM
(09-05-2017 09:01 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Did you seriously just write this sentence? Without a trace of irony? Jesus dude.

How wonderful that at least the GOP coverage will be *fair* and all victims will be treated like shit.

Would you look at that - finding shit when you're digging through piles of it? Who would've thunk it. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
09-05-2017, 09:37 AM
(08-05-2017 09:38 PM)BryanS Wrote:  The American Left has gone completely batshit crazy. I dare say they have gone off the deep end to the same extent Republicans did when Obama won the presidency and at the same time swept out GOP control of both the House and Senate.
False equivalency here. Some Republicans went crazy when Obama was elected because the unthinkable happened--a black man was president, something they thought they would never see in their lifetime. They called him both a dictator and a weak leader, unAmerican, insisted he was lying about his country of birth and therefore ineligible to be president, and they worked to block literally everything he tried to do as president. That's the derangement on the Right.

Trump is a well-documented con-man, self-described sexual predator, narcissistic liar with a long history of bankruptcies and stiffing people who provide him business services. Your complaint here is that "lefties" object to his healthcare bill, a bill that his own party has resisted and that a majority of Americans across the political spectrum dislike. And you are declaring this "going off the deep end" and equating it to the Obama derangement of the Right.

This is the standard "both sides do it" argument using a false equivalency. You are completely full of shit.
[+] 9 users Like John Derderian's post
09-05-2017, 09:44 AM
For some reason I have this mental image of Bryan furiously masturbating to footage of Trumps inauguration. Big Grin Laugh out load Rolleyes
09-05-2017, 09:53 AM
(09-05-2017 09:44 AM)adey67 Wrote:  For some reason I have this mental image of Bryan furiously masturbating to footage of Trumps inauguration. Big Grin Laugh out load Rolleyes

Isn't there a meme of Stewie from Family Guy with a gun barrel in his mouth with the caption "And I'm out"...?

Thanks for the mental image... Big GrinTongue

No shit, his supporters are delusional. They cant accept he lost the popular vote. They cant accept that even with his EC margin win, it was one of the lowest EC wins in presidential election history. And there were more attendants to the Woman's March than his inauguration.

Their cry is, "You just bring those lies up because you lost"..... Um no, we accept we lost, but those numbers don't lie and are facts regardless of our loss.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Don't forget it most definitely did not rain that day either Wink
09-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Oh but let me make one distinction when I say "I accept we lost", I am not agreeing with Trump's 5 years of bullshit demagoguery and year of fear mongering scapegoating as a moral tactic politically. He got a cheap Jerry Springer win based on lies and selling fear, regardless if he wants to clam it to be legal. Trump's dad never taught him the difference between legal and moral.

50 republican former government law agents signed a letter warning of the dangers of what his presidency could lead to. Even without a direct connection, his conduct could be argued as inviting Putin looking in and saying, "Hey lets pile on more false information to divide America even more", even if Trump and Putin were not collaborating directly together. His conduct over 5 years invited it. It would not surprise me one bit if there is real legal lawbreaking we find. But his conduct of fear and scapegoating didn't help and I am sure Putin was taking advantage of that even without the help from Trump.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2017, 11:29 AM
(09-05-2017 09:01 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Did you seriously just write this sentence? Without a trace of irony? Jesus dude.

I highlighted the bit that I thought was the most bullshit Smile But go ahead and call it quote mining if you will. You said it boyo. You might not have realised how callous you sounded, but I think it shines a window into your not-very-appealing mind.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-05-2017, 12:06 PM
"We're doing it, cuz they did it to us" sounds like an excuse to match atrocities with a wartime enemy. Undecided

I'm not commenting on the OP, cuz my lunch is about over and I ain't got time to read that shit Tongue but IF they're lying about what's in the bill to rile the emotions of voters...

I don't watch Real Time w/ Bill Maher, much anymore, due to his ridiculous comments about Trump. Gonna become Hitler, brown shirts will be roaming the streets, women will be forbidden from working outside the home, blacks will be made slaves again, blah blah blah. Bullshit.

The verbiage may be refined a great deal, but it still stunk of the same bullshit as when my neighbor claimed Barack Saddam Bin Laden Obama was gonna come take all our guns, and sell our babies to Saudi Arabia! Dodgy

It has the potential to undermine Democratic credibility in the eyes of Republican voters as much as it undermined Republican's credibility for Democratic voters. "Look at all the crap they said was gonna happen that didn't! They don't know nuthin. Shoot, they'z prolly lyin! Let's go vote for 'nother Republican." *spittoon clang*

I'd be happy to keep the false bullshit spewing from Republican mouths, only. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post