GOP Bill Makes Rape A Pre-existing Condition--And Other Lies By The Left

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
12-05-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: GOP Bill Makes Rape A Pre-existing Condition--And Other Lies By The Left
(12-05-2017 11:52 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And it can be argued that at least one of the reasons that he won was the large number of people who refused to vote for Hilary because they thought she was a lying bitch. Idk where that shit came from, but I've heard it more than once. Rocket, you're in Missouri, you can't tell me you haven't heard that one.
All my opinion from here on. Maybe it's because Republicans and right-wing media have spent the last 25 years in a never-ending propaganda campaign to paint her this way? At least as far back claiming she personally murdered Vince Foster? Do you think that the distrust is caused primarily by lies or exaggerations actually voiced by Hilary herself? I'm unaware of any long list of actual lies or exaggerations by her that would account for this, but I'm willing to see one.

(12-05-2017 11:52 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm not convinced defending a lie made by Democrats, simply because it's slightly milder than Republican grade bullshit, is the best way to bring back over to our side, all the people who voted for their conscious. Facepalm
Neither am I. I don't think anyone here is advocating defending the lie, so I'm unclear who you're facepalming about. And if it was a case of "slightly milder than Republican grade bullshit," I would be fully in agreement with you. But it's not. IMO, at least, there is orders of magnitude difference between the two. That makes the "Republican grade bullshit" the bigger part of the problem, and downplaying that hurts, I think.

If you really think this issue is all about honesty and are worried about the next election, and if you actually think there is a big difference between the two parties in this respect, I think the answer is to never stop working to expose the dishonesty and corruption on the other side. And, above all, to not let the false narrative that "both sides do it equally" stand.

Personally, I don't think this is the issue anymore. But if I did, I would want to expose dishonesty on both sides, in a quantitative way. I think dumbing it down to "both sides do it" or "the lesser of two evils" is about the worst thing you can do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes John Derderian's post
13-05-2017, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 01:32 PM by TheGulegon.)
RE: GOP Bill Makes Rape A Pre-existing Condition--And Other Lies By The Left
(12-05-2017 02:14 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 11:52 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And it can be argued that at least one of the reasons that he won was the large number of people who refused to vote for Hilary because they thought she was a lying bitch. Idk where that shit came from, but I've heard it more than once. Rocket, you're in Missouri, you can't tell me you haven't heard that one.
Do you think that the distrust is caused primarily by lies or exaggerations actually voiced by Hilary herself? I'm unaware of any long list of actual lies or exaggerations by her that would account for this, but I'm willing to see one.

No, but I'm slightly more skeptical than someone who would go out to vote 3rd party, again, instead of voting Democrat, when there's another Trump on the Republican side to keep out of the White House. You would like to see a list, but not everyone would need to see a list before going out to vote against a Democrat, again! All they'd need is one instance of witnessing Democrats acting like Republicans to be used as evidence for their belief that Dems are just as full of it as Repubs. However faulty that thinking might be on their part is irrelevant when they can go vote based on it. I'd prefer they simply never see Democrats acting like Republicans, and that's not too difficult for Democrats to pull off.

(12-05-2017 02:14 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  
(12-05-2017 11:52 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm not convinced defending a lie made by Democrats, simply because it's slightly milder than Republican grade bullshit, is the best way to bring back over to our side, all the people who voted for their conscious. Facepalm
Neither am I. I don't think anyone here is advocating defending the lie, so I'm unclear who you're facepalming about. And if it was a case of "slightly milder than Republican grade bullshit," I would be fully in agreement with you. But it's not. IMO, at least, there is orders of magnitude difference between the two. That makes the "Republican grade bullshit" the bigger part of the problem, and downplaying that hurts, I think.

Oh don't stop downplaying it. Particularly since it's true. And I'm not saying you've done anything wrong. But, again, I'm not someone who voted 3rd party when there was a horrible person of a Republican to vote against, in this last election.

I'm certain you aren't advocating defending the lie, but I haven't seen you state anywhere that, despite it not being as ridiculous as something a Republican might say, and though it is on a list not nearly as long as that of the stupid sayings Republicans have spewed forth over the years, it still should be unacceptable behavior to anyone who wishes to call out the other side for doing the same thing.

I am saying that!
If only to show anyone who might be looking in from the outside, that we left voters can indeed police our own from acting as stupid as Republicans, and we can do it immediately. Not after pages, and pages, of excuses they might not pay any attention to.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply