GOP Going After Social Security

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: GOP Going After Social Security
(10-12-2016 10:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This bill is at odds with the GOP platform, as well as Trump's pledge to not cut social security benefits for people currently or close to receiving benefits.

You know what's else is "at odds with Trump"? Him appointing Goldman Sachs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Quote: a Republican from Texas

Pretty much says it all with those cunts.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
13-12-2016, 04:25 PM
If there had never been any "borrowing" from SS in the first place they wouldn't have created this debt.

Now by cutting or even eliminating SS it gives the appearance of paying this debt or helping to reduce the deficit without actually doing anything but hurting seniors.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-12-2016, 05:04 PM
(13-12-2016 03:51 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 10:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This bill is at odds with the GOP platform, as well as Trump's pledge to not cut social security benefits for people currently or close to receiving benefits.

You know what's else is "at odds with Trump"? Him appointing Goldman Sachs.
Why do you think that's at odds with Trump? He said that he would appoint the best Wall Street negotiators at several points in his campaign. Here's an excerpt from one of his speeches:

"Now let me tell you something, I would go to Nabisco, I would go to Ford. I would say: 'Fellas, I have Carl Icahn ready -- a killer, killer. I have other people ready. I have people who are so nasty, so mean, so horrible that nobody would want to have dinner with them. It's true. They are horrible human beings. I admit it. They are Wall Street killers. A couple of them are nice -- like 2 percent -- but they are the greatest negotiators in the world. I know the best. I know guys who are overrated. I know guys that are really good. I know people you've never heard of who are better than all of them. We're going to use our best.'"

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-12-2016, 06:28 PM
(13-12-2016 05:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 03:51 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  You know what's else is "at odds with Trump"? Him appointing Goldman Sachs.
Why do you think that's at odds with Trump? He said that he would appoint the best Wall Street negotiators at several points in his campaign. Here's an excerpt from one of his speeches:

"Now let me tell you something, I would go to Nabisco, I would go to Ford. I would say: 'Fellas, I have Carl Icahn ready -- a killer, killer. I have other people ready. I have people who are so nasty, so mean, so horrible that nobody would want to have dinner with them. It's true. They are horrible human beings. I admit it. They are Wall Street killers. A couple of them are nice -- like 2 percent -- but they are the greatest negotiators in the world. I know the best. I know guys who are overrated. I know guys that are really good. I know people you've never heard of who are better than all of them. We're going to use our best.'"

You're right, it's probably in line with Trump because he said he kind of hoped the housing market would collapse so he could make money.