GOP House Members Introduce Bill to Withdraw from United Nations & kick it out of NYC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: GOP House Members Introduce Bill to Withdraw from United Nations & kick it out of NYC
(23-01-2017 07:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This same bill with the same sponsor has been introduced and ignored for the last like 20-30 years.
We're a bit more alert now that the White House is unoccupied.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: GOP House Members Introduce Bill to Withdraw from United Nations & kick it out of NYC
I'm going full Anne of Green Gables and buying a farmhouse on PEI.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
23-01-2017, 09:54 PM
One of my favorite PC games of all time was called "Harpoon", a naval fleet tactical game named after an anti-ship missile.

There were numerous scenarios that pitted various countries, conglomerations of countries (real and imaginary), and other types of militarized organization against one another. I recall being surprised that one of the scenarios was EU-NATO versus the United States, with our supercarrier task groups in the North Atlantic and Mediterranean under attack by weaker but air-supported French and German vessels, as well as a host of other national/regional navies from our former NATO allies.

I remember thinking how ludicrous that scenario was. But it was a fun one to play, whichever force you commanded.

Now I wonder how it will really play out, when we get to that point. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
23-01-2017, 10:40 PM
(23-01-2017 09:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Now I wonder how it will really play out, when we get to that point. Sad

I'm sure someone at the Pentagon beat you to it decades ago. Hell, we had a contingency plan to invade Canada as early as 1930, and Canada had a contingency plan to counter-attack us as early as 1921.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-01-2017, 01:09 PM
New York Times: President Trump holds off on providing US funding for UN while threatening executive orders to withdraw from UN agreements, possibly defund UN, or at least reduce US contributions by 40%.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2017, 01:19 PM
I've reached the point that any time I see headline beginning with "GOP House," my stomach knots up.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
[+] 2 users Like Kaneda's post
28-01-2017, 01:26 PM
(23-01-2017 09:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  One of my favorite PC games of all time was called "Harpoon", a naval fleet tactical game named after an anti-ship missile.

There were numerous scenarios that pitted various countries, conglomerations of countries (real and imaginary), and other types of militarized organization against one another. I recall being surprised that one of the scenarios was EU-NATO versus the United States, with our supercarrier task groups in the North Atlantic and Mediterranean under attack by weaker but air-supported French and German vessels, as well as a host of other national/regional navies from our former NATO allies.

I remember thinking how ludicrous that scenario was. But it was a fun one to play, whichever force you commanded.

Now I wonder how it will really play out, when we get to that point. Sad

First game i played on my first PC in the 90s. Bowing Bowing Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse