GOP Lawmaker Mike Beard Claims God Will Provide Unlimited Natural Resources

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2011, 11:27 PM
GOP Lawmaker Mike Beard Claims God Will Provide Unlimited Natural Resources
Wasn't 100% sure where to post this. So here it is.

Mike Beard, a Republican state representative from Minnesota, recently argued that coal mining should resume in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, in part because he believes God has created an earth that will provide unlimited natural resources.

"God is not capricious. He's given us a creation that is dynamically stable," Beard told MinnPost. "We are not going to run out of anything."

Beard is currently in the midst of drafting legislation that would overturn Minnesota's moratorium on coal-fired power plants, an effort that he backs due to his religious belief that God will provide limitless resources while ensuring that humans don't destroy the planet trying to get them.

Drawing on his family's childhood property in Pennsylvania, Beard explained to MinnPost his belief that while resource extraction might cause temporary agitation to the landscape, the effects wouldn't be longterm.

"Our farm was mined for coal three times," Beard said. "And, now we stand on a point and look over barley and wheat and pines. Did we temporarily disrupt the face of the earth? Yes, but when we were done, we put it all back together again."

This observation appears to be indicative of Beard's larger religious belief that God acts as the tireless custodian of the planet.

"It is the height of hubris to think we could [destroy the earth]," Beard told MinnPost, before saying that even devastating nuclear events shouldn't cast doubt on his theory that the earth can always be repaired.
Story continues below
Advertisement

"How did Hiroshima and Nagasaki work out? We destroyed that, but here we are, 60 years later and they are tremendously effective and livable cities. Yes, it was pretty horrible. But, can we recover?" Beard asked. "Of course we can."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/16...24312.html

Fucking unbelieveable.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2011, 11:30 PM
RE: GOP Lawmaker Mike Beard Claims God Will Provide Unlimited Natural Resources

Really? Really? These are the kind of people we are electing? I would like to see him offer proof, even a logical proof, of ANY of the steaming pile of crap that came out of his mouth.
I'm getting real fed up here, America.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
16-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Makes you ragey, doesn't it??!?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
16-02-2011, 11:46 PM
(16-02-2011 11:38 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Makes you ragey, doesn't it??!?
It does. I was worried after the last election because there was a big article that over 50% of freshmen congressmen denied global warming. Denying global warming isn't bad in and of itself. Denying it because GAWD will protect and watch over you is just the ideological equivalent of inserting your head into your rectum. I tentatively accept global warming as a good scientific explanation, and if somebody wants to refute it, they need to do so with a BETTER scientific explanation.
And now the beast has turned it's head, and we are paying the price for electing officials who aren't qualified for the job.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
17-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Your politicians seem to be getting stupider by the minute.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
17-02-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm waiting for the unlimited oil spill. I've always wanted a real black sea.

Will God take care of the unlimited pollution?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
17-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Mankind has spent trillions of dollars cleaning up the Great Lakes alone. There have been a number of other trillions-of-dollar projects world wide to clean up pollution. God didn't help at all on any project. It is Mike Beard's brain that needs help. It can't compute something as simple and straight forward as this post.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
17-02-2011, 03:46 AM
When do they go into his office and apply the straight jacket to take him where he belongs? If anyone in government is actually wanting something good out of their long hours of writing and researching they should put this man where he needs to be.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-02-2011, 03:55 AM
This is the kind of stupidity that will make us go the way of the dodo bird.
(You know which country invested MOST in green energy ? -> PRC (People's Republic of China)).

On a similar note , did you see the politician who said we don't have to worry about melting ice caps - god apparently promised no more floods.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
17-02-2011, 06:57 AM

I just finished my coffee and now the cup is empty. Where is God to fill it up (I'm running out my my natural resources here!)

I am so glad to live in Canada where politicians keep their beliefs to themselves for the most part. They may say "God" in a speech or something, but not have religion directly affect decision making.
Quote this message in a reply