GOP/Trump are living in the past.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 06:26 PM
RE: GOP/Trump are living in the past.
(06-09-2016 06:23 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If Trump wins this is what the world will look like the very next day.
[Image: bcfdacdd8ffcc26f7dd82a803bb37883.jpg]

I wouldn't say the very next day, but his unstable behavior could fuck things up, and even if he doesn't push the button himself, like I have said before, his tone is a very dangerous tone for either party to adapt. His demagoguery is the very thing that long term can lead to despots and that is something nobody should want in politics.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
06-09-2016, 06:50 PM
(06-09-2016 06:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 06:23 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If Trump wins this is what the world will look like the very next day.
[Image: bcfdacdd8ffcc26f7dd82a803bb37883.jpg]

I wouldn't say the very next day, but his unstable behavior could fuck things up, and even if he doesn't push the button himself, like I have said before, his tone is a very dangerous tone for either party to adapt. His demagoguery is the very thing that long term can lead to despots and that is something nobody should want in politics.

The thing with American politics is that it's set up to be a system of compromises.... on both sides of the isle. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing isn't the issue, this issue is that Donald Trump's personality isn't set up that way. Putting Donald Trump inside the government system is like shoving a square peg into a round hole. He simply doesn't fit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-09-2016, 06:54 PM
(06-09-2016 06:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 06:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I wouldn't say the very next day, but his unstable behavior could fuck things up, and even if he doesn't push the button himself, like I have said before, his tone is a very dangerous tone for either party to adapt. His demagoguery is the very thing that long term can lead to despots and that is something nobody should want in politics.

The thing with American politics is that it's set up to be a system of compromises.... on both sides of the isle. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing isn't the issue, this issue is that Donald Trump's personality isn't set up that way. Putting Donald Trump inside the government system is like shoving a square peg into a round hole. He simply doesn't fit.

No that is watering it down. It isn't just that he is unfit, so was Bush Jr. He's way worse. He is unstable. He is behaving like a banana republic despot wannabe. Some have stupidly tried to claim that his act will end when he takes office, or that he will have enough leashes on him he wont do anything rash. It is pure bullshit after the year of demagoguery and scapegoating to think he is fit. He is not only unfit he is unfit and dangerous.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
06-09-2016, 07:06 PM
(06-09-2016 06:54 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 06:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The thing with American politics is that it's set up to be a system of compromises.... on both sides of the isle. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing isn't the issue, this issue is that Donald Trump's personality isn't set up that way. Putting Donald Trump inside the government system is like shoving a square peg into a round hole. He simply doesn't fit.

No that is watering it down. It isn't just that he is unfit, so was Bush Jr. He's way worse. He is unstable. He is behaving like a banana republic despot wannabe. Some have stupidly tried to claim that his act will end when he takes office, or that he will have enough leashes on him he wont do anything rash. It is pure bullshit after the year of demagoguery and scapegoating to think he is fit. He is not only unfit he is unfit and dangerous.

Well, of course he's nuts. Tell me something I don't know. That goes without saying.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-09-2016, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 05:22 PM by Full Circle.)
(06-09-2016 06:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The thing with American politics is that it's set up to be a system of compromises.... on both sides of the isle. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing isn't the issue, this issue is that Donald Trump's personality isn't set up that way. Putting Donald Trump inside the government system is like shoving a square peg into a round hole. He simply doesn't fit.

Yup. Imagine for just a minute what kind of verbal abuse he will bring down on anyone and everyone in the Senate, House and judiciary who dares not agree with him and that’s just in the US. The berating of other world leaders (except for Putin of course and maybe Duterte and Kim Jun-un) will make him a pariah around the globe. The damage to US foreign affairs will be brutal.

As for the American public how is he going to lead and govern when he incites hate and ridicule? He’ll just be another Hugo Chavez but with a nuclear arsenal and an itchy trigger finger (a small finger but still).

I forsee a 24/7 fire brigade trying to put out all the fires he starts, domestic and foreign. He didn’t mean this, he meant that, of course we’ll live up to our allied commitments, no we aren’t going to send the National Guard to round up Mexican kids in elementary schools, no the Federal Reserve Bank will not let Trump sit on the board, yes we will continue to have a free press and on and on.

It would be entertaining if it weren’t so horrifying.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
06-09-2016, 07:40 PM
(06-09-2016 07:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Yup. Imagine for just a minute what kind of verbal abuse he will bring down on anyone and everyone in the Senate, House and judiciary who dares not agree with him and that’s just in the US. The berating of other world leaders (except for Putin of course and maybe Duarte and Kim Jun-un) will make him a pariah around the globe. The damage to US foreign affairs will be brutal.

As for the American public how is he going to lead and govern when he incites hate and ridicule? He’ll just be another Hugo Chavez but with a nuclear arsenal and an itchy trigger finger (a small finger but still).

I forsee a 24/7 fire brigade trying to put out all the fires he starts, domestically and foreign. He didn’t mean this, he meant that, of course we’ll live up to our allied commitments, no we aren’t going to send the National Guard round up Mexican kids in elementary schools, no the Federal Reserve Bank will not let Trump sit on the board, yes we will continue to have a free press and on and on.

It would be entertaining if it weren’t so horrifying.

Entertaining, horrifying, same thing.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Putin, Duterte and Trump, in a Mexican Standoff. Film at 11. I'd pay to watch that! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Some are objecting to me employing Godwin's law, but in Trump's case it applies. No, not in that he can grab absolute power over night, but in the tone he sets. Imagine if a majority of EITHER party's politicians used his scapegoating demagoguery. Long term that most certainly could collapse the system. Or make it so ignored it becomes mute.

But just even on day one or in a week or month, for the reasons you said, he scares the shit out of me.

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
06-09-2016, 08:02 PM
They ride together.
[Image: 079690661af50731c5350af0586a35a3.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
06-09-2016, 08:10 PM
(06-09-2016 07:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  he scares the shit out of me.

He's coming to get you Brian.
[Image: 39323f0ec50213313b1b442a952a7cec.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post