GOP/Trump are living in the past.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: GOP/Trump are living in the past.
(06-09-2016 07:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 06:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The thing with American politics is that it's set up to be a system of compromises.... on both sides of the isle. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing isn't the issue, this issue is that Donald Trump's personality isn't set up that way. Putting Donald Trump inside the government system is like shoving a square peg into a round hole. He simply doesn't fit.

Yup. Imagine for just a minute what kind of verbal abuse he will bring down on anyone and everyone in the Senate, House and judiciary who dares not agree with him and that’s just in the US. The berating of other world leaders (except for Putin of course and maybe Duterte and Kim Jun-un) will make him a pariah around the globe. The damage to US foreign affairs will be brutal.

As for the American public how is he going to lead and govern when he incites hate and ridicule? He’ll just be another Hugo Chavez but with a nuclear arsenal and an itchy trigger finger (a small finger but still).

I forsee a 24/7 fire brigade trying to put out all the fires he starts, domestically and foreign. He didn’t mean this, he meant that, of course we’ll live up to our allied commitments, no we aren’t going to send the National Guard to round up Mexican kids in elementary schools, no the Federal Reserve Bank will not let Trump sit on the board, yes we will continue to have a free press and on and on.

It would be entertaining if it weren’t so horrifying.

You know, there's a very small part of me that want's Donald Trump to win just so I can point to the assholes who voted for him and say...I TOLD YOU SO! Angry

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-09-2016, 09:07 PM
(06-09-2016 09:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 07:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It would be entertaining if it weren’t so horrifying.

You know, there's a very small part of me that want's Donald Trump to win just so I can point to the assholes who voted for him and say...I TOLD YOU SO! Angry

Not even in jest, please.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
06-09-2016, 09:08 PM
(06-09-2016 07:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yup. Imagine for just a minute what kind of verbal abuse he will bring down on anyone and everyone in the Senate, House and judiciary who dares not agree with him and that’s just in the US. The berating of other world leaders (except for Putin of course and maybe Duterte and Kim Jun-un) will make him a pariah around the globe. The damage to US foreign affairs will be brutal.

As for the American public how is he going to lead and govern when he incites hate and ridicule? He’ll just be another Hugo Chavez but with a nuclear arsenal and an itchy trigger finger (a small finger but still).

I forsee a 24/7 fire brigade trying to put out all the fires he starts, domestically and foreign. He didn’t mean this, he meant that, of course we’ll live up to our allied commitments, no we aren’t going to send the National Guard to round up Mexican kids in elementary schools, no the Federal Reserve Bank will not let Trump sit on the board, yes we will continue to have a free press and on and on.

They're waiting to say the same thing if Hillary is elected, and both sides have been saying the same things about Bush and Obama. The reality is that few people ever realize how ridiculous their candidates are, neither before nor after they're elected.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
07-09-2016, 01:06 AM
(06-09-2016 07:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yup. Imagine for just a minute what kind of verbal abuse he will bring down on anyone and everyone in the Senate, House and judiciary who dares not agree with him and that’s just in the US. The berating of other world leaders (except for Putin of course and maybe Duterte and Kim Jun-un) will make him a pariah around the globe. The damage to US foreign affairs will be brutal.

dft,

There have been pundits who suggest that a Trump win would be good for the Democrats in the longer term, ie 4 years time and beyond. The cycle is ready now for a Republican win, and Trump would be the worst reflection on their out of date policies. Also this would skip Hillary and give a new, young, Democrat a good shout next time.

I shudder at the thought of Trump getting any political power, ever, anywhere. Shocking

D.
07-09-2016, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 02:25 AM by DLJ.)
(06-09-2016 06:23 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If Trump wins this is what the world will look like the very next day.
[Image: bcfdacdd8ffcc26f7dd82a803bb37883.jpg]

I saw that and immediately heard the music.
(the banging on the pipes bit from 2:22)

07-09-2016, 05:27 AM
(06-09-2016 08:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 07:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  he scares the shit out of me.

He's coming to get you Brian.
[Image: 39323f0ec50213313b1b442a952a7cec.jpg]

Once again asshole, I am talking about his tone, not our current system. He wont suddenly grab power, but his talk if more politicians adapted his tactic WOULD erode the system.

But on a personal level outside that, you don't talk like he does in politics on the world stage, his kind of talk starts wars and I do not trust him not to shoot off nukes. He talks like a despot, he isn't "telling it like it is".

Now anyone who thinks I am full of shit, ask yourselves if it were Hillary or Bernie or Obama using the same language he has don't fucking hand me any shit that you'd find that acceptable.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2016, 05:57 AM
(06-09-2016 12:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm going with Santorum.

You make a frothy argument. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-09-2016, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 06:08 AM by Chas.)
(06-09-2016 01:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It sure is a good time to not give a shit. Conversational, hypothetical debate points aside, bring on the instability. As divided as we are, politically, we're heading in that direction regardless of who wins, and regardless of the decisions they make once they win. The people themselves are more dangerous than either candidate.

And the people should be more dangerous than the government. Drinking Beverage

That is precisely what the Declaration of Independence says and the Bill of Rights embodĺies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-09-2016, 07:36 AM
(07-09-2016 06:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 01:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It sure is a good time to not give a shit. Conversational, hypothetical debate points aside, bring on the instability. As divided as we are, politically, we're heading in that direction regardless of who wins, and regardless of the decisions they make once they win. The people themselves are more dangerous than either candidate.

And the people should be more dangerous than the government. :cup:

That is precisely what the Declaration of Independence says and the Bill of Rights embodĺies.

In the modern context they're increasingly more dangerous to themselves than to the government. They're divided and their expectations as to what the government should be doing are contradictory, inconsistent, and unrealistic. They don't know what they want or need, only that it's someone else's fault when they don't get it. That irrationality is reflected in this joke of an election we're about to experience.
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
07-09-2016, 12:16 PM
GOP/Trump are living in the past.
(07-09-2016 05:27 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 08:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  He's coming to get you Brian.
[Image: 39323f0ec50213313b1b442a952a7cec.jpg]

Once again asshole, I am talking about his tone, not our current system. He wont suddenly grab power, but his talk if more politicians adapted his tactic WOULD erode the system.

But on a personal level outside that, you don't talk like he does in politics on the world stage, his kind of talk starts wars and I do not trust him not to shoot off nukes. He talks like a despot, he isn't "telling it like it is".

Now anyone who thinks I am full of shit, ask yourselves if it were Hillary or Bernie or Obama using the same language he has don't fucking hand me any shit that you'd find that acceptable.

You still don't get it, do you? He'll find you! That's what he does! That's ALL he does! You can't stop him! He'll wade through you, reach down your throat and pull your fuckin' heart out!
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post