Gabriel vs EvolutionKills
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Gabriel vs EvolutionKills
Hello. My name is Gabriel. I met EvolutionKills on a blog at http://www.atheismresource.com/2010/what...964644960.

I thought he was being particularly rude, so I thought I would debate with him 1 vs 1 in an email. He said to come here and debate instead. So here I am.

This is a debate with my vs EvolutionKills
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes gwsm1992's post
13-04-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2015 09:32 PM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Gabriel vs EvolutionKills
Well, would you look at that? Consider

Okay, you're the guest here, so I'll let you pick the topic; but keep it to one topic. I'll not put up with spinning roulette of topics where you can jump from one to another whenever you get cornered.

"I believe in God, 6000 years of earth, intelligent design, the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus the Christ, Son of God and God Himself. Let's talk about that. Show me that I am wrong. We can start at the beginning."

Existence of any god, or Yahweh specifically?

Young Earth Creationism?

The (supposed) Resurrection?

Also, for the public record... Drinking Beverage

"You want to have a debate? You can find me over at TheThinkingAtheist forums. We can agree on a topic, a set of rules, the format, what have you. But it will be public. I'm not going to put the work into showing up your ignorant ass if there isn't an audience that can learn from it." -EK

"No i'm not going to have an argument with you while 20 other people all scream at me at the same time. Why not just post the whole conversation on the forum when it is all over? And then if I prove you wrong, you don't have to put it anywhere and it is just a conversation in an email." -Gabriel

"There is a dedicated Debate forum for 1-on-1 discussion without other posters, but thanks for assuming we'd all just be screeching assholes." -EK

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Yay! I haven't done this in a while!

Let's talk about the existence of God. But first, what do you believe in? I see "EvolutionKills" and we are on a atheist forum, but I just want to be sure, since what I believe has been posted already.

And also for the public record, and as a defense for myself (hopefully this doesn't turn into the one argument), I used to argue on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/...istianity. There, there is no forum moderators or anything, so it just turns into a total free-for-all. I didn't want to argue in a setting like that. So I started arguing with the people in that group just over email, because I didn't want to argue with "20 other people all screaming at me at the same time." I only assumed EvolutionKills wanted to do the same, as that can work to people's advantage. But I stand corrected!
13-04-2015, 10:02 PM
(13-04-2015 09:56 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  Let's talk about the existence of God. But first, what do you believe in? I see "EvolutionKills" and we are on a atheist forum, but I just want to be sure, since what I believe has been posted already.

Sure, and I assume you'll be take the affirmative stance on this one?

I am not a believer, beyond that you'll just have to find out.

13-04-2015, 10:02 PM
This debate is between EK and gwsm1992 only and anyone else's posts will be deleted.

Thanks,
Moms

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Okie dokie. Well thanks for the info Big Grin

Yes I will be taking the affirmative. I believe in God. The arguments that are used through science usually only argue the existence of A god, so lets just start there. If we reach the idea that there is a god, then we can talk about the Christian God. I doubt we are going to reach there as I am sure we are both going to be quite stubborn, but I will do my best to be flexible if I am wrong.

So I bet you probably know the Kalam argument or the argument from design. What are the problems with those argument?
13-04-2015, 10:17 PM
(13-04-2015 10:14 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  So I bet you probably know the Kalam argument or the argument from design. What are the problems with those argument?

Let me stop you right there.

Define 'god' first. Drinking Beverage

Also while we're at it...

Evidence
-Scientific evidence consists of observations and experimental results that serve to support, refute, or modify a scientific hypothesis or theory, when collected and interpreted in accordance with the scientific method.

Fact
-A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement (by experiments or other means).

13-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Um...the dictionary definition on dictionary.com?
13-04-2015, 10:20 PM
"the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe"?
13-04-2015, 10:23 PM
(13-04-2015 10:20 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  "the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe"?

That is far too vague and wishy-washy.

What do you mean by Supreme?

What do you mean by Being?

What do you men by Creator?

What do you mean by Universe?

Welcome to Ignosticism.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
Thread Closed