Gabriel vs EvolutionKills
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: Gabriel vs EvolutionKills
Sorry it keeps taking me so long to reply. I'm going to abdicate here though. Well done Smile

Lots of what you have said has got me thinking. I really came into this argument with my eyes quite shut, believing I knew it all about the young earth creation theory. With the studying I have done to answer your claims and with what you have said, it has really opened my eyes to other options. I don't necessarily believe that there isn't a God, but I can't argue against evolution and the Big Bang right now for sure.

I wanted to apologize for my big-headedness when we originally started arguing, when I first challenged you. I was very prideful in thinking I knew everything, and I was wrong.

Sorry that I can't keep arguing with you. If you really want to continue, we can, but I am going to take longer than a week to respond. If not, I am fine with backing out now and you winning.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like gwsm1992's post
16-05-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: Gabriel vs EvolutionKills
(14-05-2015 01:46 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  Lots of what you have said has got me thinking. I really came into this argument with my eyes quite shut, believing I knew it all about the young earth creation theory.

Well I would hope now, that after you've looking into it more thoroughly, you'll now understand why creationism doesn't even rate as a theory.

Creationism is an assertion in search of evidence, and is will create it out of nothing if needed.

(14-05-2015 01:46 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  With the studying I have done to answer your claims and with what you have said, it has really opened my eyes to other options. I don't necessarily believe that there isn't a God, but I can't argue against evolution and the Big Bang right now for sure.

Just remember that those conclusion, like all made in legitimate science, are tentative; they are dependent upon the evidence. As our understanding expands, our conclusions will change.

(14-05-2015 01:46 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  I wanted to apologize for my big-headedness when we originally started arguing, when I first challenged you. I was very prideful in thinking I knew everything, and I was wrong.

Apology accepted. I too am sorry for coming off a little terse in the last exchange, but posting AIG propaganda is one of my personal pet peeves.

(14-05-2015 01:46 PM)gwsm1992 Wrote:  Sorry that I can't keep arguing with you. If you really want to continue, we can, but I am going to take longer than a week to respond. If not, I am fine with backing out now and you winning.

Take your time, actually study the subjects. Getting a real education doesn't happen overnight. There are plenty of resource out there available to those who don't want to look at the world with blinders on to hide from them uncomfortable truths.

But the first thing at the top of your agenda should be improving your critical thinking skills, and learn what evidence actually is; and how to evaluate it so you can tell the difference between good, bad, and non-evidence.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
Thread Closed