Gaddafi's Dead!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2011, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 02:48 PM by Hughsie.)
Gaddafi's Dead!!!
So, it finally happened. Here is one of the many BBC news reports on his death. Seems kinda fitting for the state of the planet that the big act that signifies the coming of a positive change and the installation of freedom and justice for all is an unarmed, defenceless man being shot dead in cold blood and then having his dead body dragged through the streets as entertainment for the masses.

Really showcases the major improvements to Libyan society brought about by the NTC.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2011, 03:06 PM
RE: Gaddafi's Dead!!!
Wow, they did the old "dragging through streets" routine. I'm not opposed looking into humanity's mirror but... I really detest the pointless, ugliness of a mob.
And some say we are not animals. Go figure. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
20-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Been reading some more. Apparently the claim is that they arrested Gaddafi, put him into a truck with only minor injuries but then fighting sprung up between 2 groups and he just happened to take a bullet to the head in the crossfire. And then they did the whole 'dragging through the streets' thing.

Are we really supposed to buy this?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
20-10-2011, 03:17 PM

(20-10-2011 03:06 PM)kim Wrote:  And some say we are not animals. Go figure. Undecided

I know what you mean, kim, but actually, animals are quite decent people. Undecided
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
20-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Well...

I guess the col. reaps what he has sown... Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
20-10-2011, 03:48 PM
So who is next...mmm... Mugabe

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
20-10-2011, 04:03 PM
I certainly do not pity the evil monster, and was more than willing to see him get shot in a battle. However, once he was captured alive, they should have put him on trial for all of his evil actions. It would have been more humane, moral, and added a significant air of legitimacy to the new government's claims that it wants to turn away from Gaddafi's actions. That much of this was recorded on cell phones and is all over youtube is pretty disgusting.

The more things change, eh?

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes 17thknight's post
20-10-2011, 04:14 PM
And what does his death end?

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post
20-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Western reports say he is dead.......other reports say he isnt.

They reported the death of one of his sons TWICE.....before reporting he was captured. I will try to find links.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
20-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm seeing lots of "Gaddafi is dead! Praise the Lord!" type statuses on Facebook...haven't seen any yet that thank the men who found him hiding like a rat in the sewer.

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Saimmaq's post