Gaddafi's Dead!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2011, 05:04 PM

RE: Gaddafi's Dead!!!
I personally find it very distasteful when human beings rejoice at the death of another.

The death may have solved some problems for some people, some others may feel avenged, but the gruesome destruction of a human body is not something I would want to celebrate.

All I am feeling is infinite sadness at how primitive the human mind is.

At birth, every human being is a potential waiting to be fulfilled.

At death (and maybe long before that), that potential is destroyed.

The images of people dancing on the streets of New York when Bin Laden's death was announced was, frankly, nauseating.

What's wrong with just being sad for a moment?
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2011, 05:09 PM
(20-10-2011 05:04 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  I personally find it very distasteful when human beings rejoice at the death of another.

The death may have solved some problems for some people, some other may feel avenged, but the gruesome destruction of a human body is not something I would want to celebrate.

All I am feeling is infinite sadness at how primitive the human mind is.

At birth, every human being is a potential waiting to be fulfilled.

At death (and maybe long before that), that potential is destroyed.

The images of people dancing on the street of New York when Bin Laden's death was announced was, frankly, nauseating.

What's wrong with just being sad for a moment?

Im not saying he was 100% perfect but he smashed captalism in the late 60s and early 70s in libya.

If he is dead then he got killed without a trial.

He was a human being.......people forget and just get reactionary.
Programmed by the media perfectly Sad

All of the comments that are jubilant can easily be translated to "Baaaaaa" (sheep)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2011, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 05:30 PM by Hughsie.)
Zatamon, bemore, you sum up perfectly how I felt when I saw the news report.

I also feel that it sums up our planet that those actions have been portrayed as positive.

Tazmin, I wouldn't hold up much hope of Mugabe being brought to justice. Not unless there's a sudden discovery of some very valuable natural resource in Zimbabwe and he refuses to negotiate preferable terms with British and American companies.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
20-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Yup! Totally agree that there is no rejoice in death. I have worked with criminals who have done serious crimes and people would always comment on how they are scumbags and should just be gotten rid of. I saw broken people who are multidimensional. Yes some of their choices, thoughts, behaviors and beliefs were horrible and wretched, unrxcusable... But other parts were vulnerable, broken, and helpless... And from there I have seen some (not all, very few) turn around and change.

I don't think gaddafi would ever have gotten to a healthy place, but maybe some answers could have been coaxed out of him to help the greater society.

Mob mentality freaks me out... Super interesting, too.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
20-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Now all that shooting in the air, wild celebations, and possible execution without a trial ,is going to bring peace to Libya. Same mentality, different regime.

It appears that the human species is hard wired to self destruct, and its only a matter of time.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
21-10-2011, 03:48 AM
(20-10-2011 03:17 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(20-10-2011 03:06 PM)kim Wrote:  And some say we are not animals. Go figure. Undecided

I know what you mean, kim, but actually, animals are quite decent people. Undecided

I was just talking on the phone about this with my ex and comparing it to a pack of chimps claiming victory over a maimed animal and gouging out it's eyes as it struggles in pain and makes futile efforts to escape.

I guess our animal cousins have nothing on us though. Look at us with all our technology, guns, and religion.

We are soooooooooooooooo superior! Rolleyes

Still... I think that Gaddafi prick got off easy!
Big Grin hehehe!!!

I'm in 2 minds about it and I think that is ok. I'm glad he's gone and at the same time i'm disturbed by human nature.

Some people here are being hypocritical by pretending that they themselves are not capable of this kind of primitive animal behavior. Given the right environment and conditioning almost everyone here is capable of this.

I used the chimps as an example because we have proven that they are capable of empathy and understanding basic concepts like pain.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
21-10-2011, 05:50 AM

(21-10-2011 03:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Still... I think that Gaddafi prick got off easy!
Big Grin hehehe!!!

For me Gaddafi is just a name. Means nothing to me. Like many other names I have heard: Manuel Noriega, Bin Laden, Sadam Hussein, Hosni Mubarak, Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro, Mao Zedong, etc., etc., etc. Pick your favourite, currently fashionable monster.

These are names we are told by the media to hate. Many of them are called “worse than Hitler” by different American presidents.

And we obediently hate them with passion and glee. As bemore said: “Baaaaa”.

We know nothing of Libyan history, culture, tribal structures, allegiances and old enmities, who did what , when and why, who started what, who responded, how the western powers meddled, incited, armed, corrupted, bribed, promised and betrayed.

We just love to fear and hate.

Now we can, finally, gloat.

Undecided

ETA:
We have been lied to, in so many ways, so many times, by our politicians and our media -- why believe ANYTHING we are told by them, unless we experienced it first hand?
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
21-10-2011, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2011 06:48 AM by DeepThought.)
(21-10-2011 05:50 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 03:48 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Still... I think that Gaddafi prick got off easy!
Big Grin hehehe!!!

For me Gaddafi is just a name. Means nothing to me. Like many other names I have heard: Manuel Noriega, Bin Laden, Sadam Hussein, Hosni Mubarak, Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro, Mao Zedong, etc., etc., etc.

These are names we are told by the media to hate. Many of them are called “worse than Hitler” by different American presidents.

And we obediently hate them with passion and glee. As bemore said: “Baaaaa”.

We know nothing of Libyan history, tribal structures, allegiances and old enmities, who did what , when and why, who started what, who responded, how the western powers meddled, incited, armed, corrupted, bribed, promised and betrayed.

We just love to fear and hate.

Now we can, finally, gloat.

Undecided

ETA:
We have been lied to, in so many ways, so many times, by our politicians and our media -- why believe ANYTHING we are told by them, unless we experienced it first hand?

While I understand the point you are trying to make I think it's a bit silly to say that they are just innocent victims/pawns of our meddling politicians and the biased media outlets they control.

Eg: Bin Laden regardless of how he was put in his position was still the figurehead of a terrorist organisation no matter how you want to slice the cake. He seemed to be performing his role willingly without any coercion on our part.

For Gaddafi - even if our governments are partially responsible for allowing him to stay in power for so long. He still chose to be the one seen to be in change and reaped some of the riches from his exploitation of all these people.

Baaaaa? You think anyone who thinks differently is a sheep? Yeah well go fuck yourself... really...
By the way.. I don't think that disposing of this guy will bring about much of a change. It will probably just make room for the next corrupt asshole puppet to take charge. Then our politicians stick their hands up his ass and teach him how to dance.

Gloating over someone dying is sick. I still don't think Gadaffi was Jesus. Sorry...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
21-10-2011, 06:48 AM

(21-10-2011 06:16 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Baaaaa? You think anyone who thinks differently is a sheep? Yeah well go fuck yourself... really...

I was not talking about you DT, personally, but rather about the group mentality bemore referred to in his previous post.

To grant your request would be physically impossible, however interesting the experience might be. Big Grin

(21-10-2011 06:16 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I still don't think Gadaffi was Jesus. Sorry

For the record:

You mean if someone rejects one extreme, then he must approve of the opposite extreme?

Maybe, in some cases, but not in this one.
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
21-10-2011, 08:26 AM
(21-10-2011 06:16 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Eg: Bin Laden regardless of how he was put in his position was still the figurehead of a terrorist organisation no matter how you want to slice the cake. He seemed to be performing his role willingly without any coercion on our part.

Osama Bin Laden....AKA Tim Osman.....his name under the CIA.

Another guy who was killed (allegedly-still no proof of it) and on his FBI wanted poster it never said anything about 9/11....and when the FBI were asked this they said they had no proof.

His "confession" tape was ridiculously faked....it didnt even look like him and in the video he was wearing jewelery (which was against his religion) and when he wrote he did so with his right hand.....even though Osama was left handed.

Funny how qaddafi was leading a new african currency that was actually backed by gold.....funny how saddam had stopped trading his oil in dollars.....I can make a long list of leaders who have been assasinated in the past for trying to change the monetary system to a fairer one.

So tell me to "go baa myself" and then do some research and stop believing the shit that comes out of the mainstream media......its biased.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post