Gaddafi's Dead!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2011, 07:29 PM
RE: Gaddafi's Dead!!!
(21-10-2011 07:09 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  Fuck off, BnW. The only reason you are defensive is because someone called your bad bluff. Otherwise YOU could blow it off. But you can't, can you? Did someone hurt your feelings? Huh?

I don't think Zate said why he was "not here"... except is 20 other posts, stupid.

Stick what dick you have left back in your pants, jackass.

First, I assure you I'm not defensive or even bothered. Second, I have no idea what "bluff" you're referring to. Finally, my feelings are not hurt. I actually have no idea what you're talking about. As for my comments to Zatamon, nothing I said to him was an attack against him personally. We have a different point of view. If he can't handle that, so be it. My advice is grow a set. If you can't handle it, that's your issue.

Zatamon - yes, I get it. What I don't get is why it matters to you. To each their own.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Cool
(21-10-2011 07:15 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 06:18 PM)BnW Wrote:  You're leaving because people disagree with your point of view? Really? Wow.

Some do, some don't.

Those who do -- don't; those who don't -- do.

If you can't figure out what I mean, I can tell you, but I really hate to do your thinking for you! Big Grin
Don't get sucked in over a crass coment Zatamon.

We can all agree to disagree; on another forum, I copped flack that was almost unbelievable.........sometimes a refreshing break from the blogs is a good idea..
21-10-2011, 07:35 PM

(21-10-2011 07:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  Zatamon - yes, I get it. What I don't get is why it matters to you. To each their own.

BnW, I am a tired, old man -- I hate to have most of my arguments ignored, making me repeat them in hope of getting at least a few of them through.

As I said before: it is too much work and it doesn't really matter to me if you follow my reasoning or not.

That is why I stop a discussion when I realize I am wasting my time -- I have so little of it left! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2011, 07:45 PM
The moral of the story... Politics is bullshit.

It really stinks and everyone should stay away! Smile

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
21-10-2011, 07:48 PM

(21-10-2011 07:45 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The moral of the story... Politics is bullshit.

It really stinks and everyone should stay away! Smile

Now you are talking! Smile
21-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I did not ignore your arguments. Disagreement and ignore are two vastly different things. And, I follow your reasoning just fine. I make a living disagreeing with people, but that does not mean I am ignoring their arguments or that I do not understand them. It simply means that we have a different perspective (although, for my professional life, my perspective is often bought and paid for, but we've all got to eat). We can agree to disagree, there is nothing wrong with that. If everyone saw the world exactly the same, it would be a fairly boring place.

However, I do want to close this out with one more point: I don't think you quite follow my point. And, my point is this - for me it doesn't really matter if I have absolute proof if Gaddafi ordered the bombing of Pan Am flight 103, ordered the bombing of the German nightclub in Berlin in 1986, etc. I do believe that he was responsible for those actions, but my belief is irrelevant. What is relevant, to me at least, is that to maintain his power he committed atrocities against his people for which his people had the right to hold him accountable, and they did exactly that. Would I prefer him to be tried and evidence presented to a jury and to the world? Sure, I would have preferred that. And, if the US or another western democracy had taken him into custody and allowed him to be basically murdered, I'd have been outraged. That's not what happened, though. What did happen was the people who's collective necks he stood upon got their hands on him and killed the son of a bitch. And, in all honesty, I'm not the least bit upset about it. I'm a big student of history and history teaches me that dictators don't get to power or maintain their rule by being magnanimous to their subjects. The maintain power by being oppressive tyrants. So, forgive me if I don't shed any tears for Gaddafi.

That does not mean I don't believe in due process and the rule of law. It does not mean I supported Obama's unilateral decision to involve the US in Libya (I did not) or that I believe the US interferes in things like this for charitable reasons having to do with human rights. I'm neither stupid nor naive, and I've got a fairly good idea about what my government is capable of. But, yes, I think that bastard got exactly what he deserved. I'm not going to apologize for that and I'm certainly not defensive about it.

As for the rest of this, I was genuinely surprised that you made a statement that I took as leaving this forum because of disagreements in point of view. I was more surprised at some of the reactions to my surprise, but whatever. I really was not kidding when I said I was neither defensive nor upset about it.

21-10-2011, 07:56 PM
(21-10-2011 07:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 07:09 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  ... Otherwise YOU could blow it off. But you can't, can you? Did someone hurt your feelings? Huh?

First, I assure you I'm not defensive or even bothered.

I guess you can't.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
21-10-2011, 07:58 PM
(21-10-2011 07:56 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  I guess you can't.

Nope, but it seems I'm in good company.

21-10-2011, 07:59 PM
(21-10-2011 07:58 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 07:56 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  I guess you can't.

Nope, but it seems I'm in good company.

Yep.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
21-10-2011, 08:07 PM

(21-10-2011 07:54 PM)BnW Wrote:  I did not ignore your arguments. Disagreement and ignore are two vastly different things. And, I follow your reasoning just fine.

All right, BnW, you said that you did not ignore any of my arguments.

Here is a test: can you summarize my main point in this thread and my reasons supporting that point?

Play defense lawyer for me for a change, if you will?

I am curious if you could do that honestly, fairly, leaving none of my arguments out.

You don't have to copy and paste, just summarize with your own words.

Then tell me which of my arguments you disagree with and why.

If you do that (and prove to me that you actually listened), then I will respond to your point as stated in your previous post.

Fair enough?

ETA: I did not imply to leave the Forum, only to stop wasting my time in this particular thread.